It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does HBO's Fake NewsRoom go too far?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Wow, I mean very biased and bigoted view of liberals. On one hand you accuse liberals of lumping all tea party extremist together with the main party, then you do the exact same thing yourself about the Liberals.

Do you guys actually read these things or just look at the title and then bash whatever statement that doesn't fit with your own ideology? This post was bias already! I'm a republican. I hate liberals. It's Bias if you couldn't tell...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I would suggest, when watching this show, we should keep in mind the time line of the events which are portrayed in the current episodes.

They are a couple of years behind our current time and things, and people, have evolved somewhat since then.

It would also be a good idea to remember -- " It is just a TV show "--- "It is just a TV show."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
All this show does is throw out the same ridiculousness (although it's fake) that you get with Beck, Limbaugh, that judge Napoli or something, etc... That's the difference. Newsroom is fake and ridiculously extreme. These other shows are REAL and take themselves very seriously.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

The way I see it, the left is better at movies, shows and documentaries, whereas the right is better at punditry, spin and radio. The difference , imo, is the right pundits(not the whole conservative movement) are just nastier and more bullyish about things, with labeling and categorizing.

What in the world are you talking about? What "conservative" shows are out there every night demonizing liberals and attacking their beliefs? I don't know of a single one. The right has one network that takes it to Democrats and you think that's "nastier" than a dozen networks, Hollywood and print media daily trashing anyone who opposes Democrats? Maybe that's just because you are a left winger?

By the way, the show doesn't just lean left, it sprints to the left. The guy who made it is known for far left opinions and injecting them in to his TV shows....

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
All this show does is throw out the same ridiculousness (although it's fake) that you get with Beck, Limbaugh, that judge Napoli or something, etc... That's the difference. Newsroom is fake and ridiculously extreme. These other shows are REAL and take themselves very seriously.

How is the newsroom in the show any different than ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, PBS or MSNBC?

It's nothing but deluded liberals who think their opinions are the baseline for all that is true.
edit on 14-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by PvtHudson

The tea party isn't extreme? It is made up of right wing extremists who were sponsored by fascists..

Thanks for the MSM approved opinion. Unfortunately for you, reality doesn't fit your propaganda. The tea party never did a single violent act. They were peaceful and productive.

OWS on the other hand was violent, vulgar and all around assholes. Yet, the MSM supported and promoted them...Strange.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The Tea Party views are right ring extremism, this has nothing to do with the MSM, it has to do with me understanding political ideology. All you do is parrot Fox news and Breibart talking points.

And yes, they are directly funded by fascists

This isn't vulgar?

edit on 15-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So, all black people are bad because there are lots of black criminals and racist groups like the NAACP and Black panthers?

There is nothing extreme about the tea party. That's just the MSM line that was put out there for like 2 years and you ate it up like a good lemming.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
What in the world are you talking about? What "conservative" shows are out there every night demonizing liberals and attacking their beliefs? I don't know of a single one.

Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingram, Neal Bortz, Bill O'reilly, Fox and Friends in the morning, Mark Levin, Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Dennis Miller, etc.

Not a single one? Most of these are 3 hours a day.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So, all black people are bad because there are lots of black criminals and racist groups like the NAACP and Black panthers?

There is nothing extreme about the tea party. That's just the MSM line that was put out there for like 2 years and you ate it up like a good lemming.

What is extreme about the Black Panthers?
Surely you will not provide examples of crap from the NBP because you are too smart to be fooled by MSM lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I think the thing you have to remember about this show is that it focuses on fairly recent news stories. The main character is a republican, he makes that clear over and over again during the show. When the show brought up the tea party, it did not take cheap shots it portrayed reality. They claimed to be for the average American and free from corporate influence yet the Koch brothers was on of their biggest donors. He did not support the tea party because of his beliefs as a republican. The only reason the tea party came up was because it was big news during the time period the show is portraying. Im sure when it gets to occupy wall street they will do something similar.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well notice that even in fiction here they write in a republican to rag the Tea Party. Open them eyes up.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Tep Party represents an effort to get out from under the two party rock.....thats its number one sin. Then they have notions about wasted tax money, poor representation, constitutional protection ect ect....so they are going to get smashed by both sides. Even republican see the TP as the red headed stepchild.....and the Dem opposition is driven by the hard left communist wiff that goes on there.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Hey, how do you have any place expressing an opinion on a show you have never seen?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Ummm wanting to get rid of all publicly owned things is extreme. The Tea Party campaigned against public libraries...... Their leaders spouting racism is extreme...

You really have no idea what you're even talking about

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Hey, how do you have any place expressing an opinion on a show you have never seen?

I havent seen it. My line was posted per one bit of important info posted about it.

<< 1   >>

join