It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 - is upon us !!! Rapture is Even Closer!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Weather problems---glaciers melt faster----Droughts---Mississippi River traffic slowed due to low water. Grain shortages, food escallation in price. Gasohol issues. Reactors blow up due to giant storms.

Plus, wars and rumors of wars.

www.reuters.com...

Leading members of the Group of 20 nations are prepared to trigger an emergency meeting to address soaring grain prices caused by the worst U.S. drought in more than half a century and poor crops from the Black Sea bread basket.

www.activistpost.com...

Food Prices to Skyrocket in Coming Food Crisis

www.dailymail.co.uk... Ka

Food prices set to soar as worst U.S. drought for half a century forces corn farmers to abandon fields the size of Belgium and Luxembourg

thinkprogress.org...

Low Water Levels On The Mississippi River A Major Threat To Commerce: ‘This Is Absolutely Not Normal’

www.care2.com...

No Sea Ice in the Arctic in a Decade, Scientists Warn

www.enn.com...

Rate of Arctic summer sea ice loss is much greater than predicted

Plus, wars and Rumors for wars.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Does this ring a bell

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Starting at about verse 14 the events Christ spoke of were never fulfilled. Not even by 70 AD.
Some important ones to note:
1. Gospel preached to the entire world. (All nations) V. 14
To "the whole inhabited earth" probably meant the part they knew about, which would have been basically the Roman Empire.

2. Abomination of Desolation stand in the holy of holies and seen by people who are not the high priest. V.15
The phrase, "in the holy place" could mean anywhere in the province of Judea.

3. Great Tribulation so severe the world would never see again. V.21
Which was the siege of Jerusalem and millions of casualties since it came when the city was hosting a holy day celebration.

4. Christ returns. V. 27
Came in the clouds with power.

5. All the tribes of the Earth morn and see Him return. V. 30
6. Elect Jews and Gentiles gathered from the whole Earth. V. 31
That is fulfilled in Acts 2:17-21

ETA: "* obscenity deleted*" is not considered an obscenity.
The uncouth of the world would not find it so.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Source ( King James )

It will remain a guessing game right up until the question is answered, IMO.

~Heff

Jesus, being Jewish, also was quite fond of using Jewish idioms, speaking in parables and using a play-on-words dialogue.
He could also have been insinuating that it may fall on the Jewish Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah.

Originally the New Moon was not fixed by astronomical calculations, but was solemnly proclaimed after witnesses had testified to the reappearance of the crescent of the moon. On the 30th of each month, the members of the High Court assembled in a courtyard in Jerusalem, named Beit Ya'azek, where they waited to receive the testimony of two reliable witnesses; they then sanctified the New Moon. If the moon's crescent was not seen on the 30th day, the New Moon was automatically celebrated on the 31st day.

This, therefore, is a festival that, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father". Yom Teruah

Yom Teruah is the ONLY festival (from the Hebrew 'moed' literally appointment) that we do not know the day or the hour in which to keep it.

just sayin'......

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
World war 3 is inevitable.

edit on 15-8-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Harlot that Rides the Beast is Heylel.

The Harlot is described as a city... Babylon.

And second, the bible clearly links Babylon with Jerusalem.

Compare these verses.

Matthew 23:35 / Revelations 18:24
Isaiah 47:7 / Revelation 18:7
Jeremiah 4:30-31 / Revelations 17:16

You will see that the same words and symols are used to describe Jerusalem and Babylon... the whore.

edit on 15-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Look at all the cities in the OT getting judgement rendered to them that are end times events.

Lydia - Turkey
Tyre - Lebanon
Sidon - Syria
Damascus - Syria
Philistia - Gaza
Babylon - Iraq
Elam - Iran
Heliopolis - Egypt (Goshen/Nile Delta)
Dedan - Saudi Arabia
Edom/Moab - Jordan

Everyone of these geographical locations is held by Islam ruled nations.

You seem to have forgotten that Israel has also received several warnings of destruction in the end times...in fact, the number of warnings of punishment that Israel has received far exceeds that of other countries.

But of course.... I'm aware of how christians approach this subject.

Prophecies about Islamic countries being punished = will take place in the end times.
Prophecies about Israel being punished = Have already been fulfilled.

edit on 15-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

is there somewhere we can bet on this? I'd be willing to bet all my money against the rapture...its a sure thing

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Seriously??? Jerusalem was sieged in 70 AD and about 1-1.5 million people died. Lets just be super liberal for your sake and say 10 million died which is giving you a huge break.

50+ million died in WW2. And please source where Christ returned in glory and every nation and people witnessed it.
edit on 15-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jmdewey60, you have taken every Bible verse posted in this thread and have twisted and misinterpreted them to try and keep an argument going that isn't even a true argument based on your misinterpretations.

In fact, I don't even believe that YOU BELIEVE what you've been saying. All in the name of arguing with people and calling other Christians cultists.

Why in the world would you do this?

If your argument is that there is no rapture, then post Bible verses relating to it and stop twisting other verses.

No, Jesus Christ has not already returned and Acts 2:17-21 has not been fulfilled. If you truly believe that he already has, you need to take some Bible classes with instructors who can help you to interpret what you're reading. And no, Jesus appearing before people after his death and before his ascension to Heaven doesn't count.

Dude, I'm seriously starting to become embarrassed for you.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You need to either change your username, or actually research everything as it suggests, friend. The "Rapture" was wholly invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830.

Rapture doctrine is widely believed today, but it did not exist before it "popped" into John Darby's head in 1830 AD. If you believe in the Rapture, you probably wrongly assumed it was a historic Bible doctrine, when in fact it was born in the era of the cults (1830-1880 AD).

2. Rapture doctrine is one of the most recent "new doctrines" in the history of the Church. The only doctrine more recent is the invention of the sinner's prayer for salvation by Billy Sunday in 1930, which was made popular by Billy Graham in 1935.

3. Rapture promoters usually claim to have inspiration, are prophets, apostles, "the Elijah", have special illumination from the Holy Spirit and that God has revealed new doctrines not previously known by anyone, including the apostle Paul himself. They believe in

4. There are two types of false teachers who promote Rapture: "Date setters" like Camping whose DATE is not the rapture but their own self-extinction on the world religious stage... if they are honest. "Date Teasers" like Jack Van Impe are cowards who promote the end as being VERY VERY soon, but never specific, in order to keep the hundreds of millions of dollars flowing.

5. Christians reject the rapture and rely upon the pages of the Bible alone as a sole source of conduct and doctrine....

www.bible.ca...

The Dispensational Origins of Modern Premillennialism and John Nelson Darby

The Bible Warns..

Were I you, I would begin my research on the origins of this bible you set so much stock in. Find out who wrote it and why. Research the Gods and Goddesses of Antiquity and the original Civilization, Sumeria. Educate yourself a little before trying to educate us?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Respectfully, I hope indeed The Rapture is upon us.

A world without Christians mucking about will be quite heavenly.
Additionally, those of us eagerly awaiting for a Christian free world will be happy to pick up your stuff.

I wish all of you the best in your new place in Heaven and a happy bon voyage.

Hear hear, Druscilla! Well said. Perhaps the "faith" all of them have will lure some ETs to come pick them all up and take them away. All it would take at this point is for a big craft to land, and a being who looks like the popular pictures hanging in nearly every Christians home to be there, waving them all in....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Every single Christian I've met has either balked that anyone at all could not be a Christian, Tried to witness/change me (pre-judgement), or tired to change/manipulate me some other way to their advantage to better witness/convert to me more.

That has been my experience also. Just yesterday I delivered a computer to a customer I had been working on. Her and her hubby are in their 70s. The old man came into the room as I was hooking up the wires, and the first question was when was I going to cut my long hair and look "nice?" (There was a picture on the wall of Jesus with hair to his shoulders)
And the second question was, "Do you know the Lord?" It never ends.

Next to Hinduism, Christianity is a baby.

To most religions Christianity is a baby. Religion, in one form or other, has been around since the days of Enki and Enil. And they are still today worshiped today, under a different name, of course.

According some of the more radical Christian doctrine, 8000 years is longer than the earth has even been in existence!

That is just an effort to negate Ancient History and all other, older religions. I wonder at anyone who believes that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

And to think that all of that came from one little papyri fragment...

P52 Oldest New Testament Based on a papyri Fragment

The Bible Fraud

What was the church trying to hide?

IN 1415,THE CHURCH OF ROME TOOK AN EXTRAORDINARY STEP TO destroy all knowledge of two Second Century Jewish books that it said contained ‘the true name of Jesus Christ.’ The Antipope Benedict XIII firstly singled out for condemnation a secret Latin treatise called ‘Mar Yesu’ and then issued instructions to destroy all copies of the Book of Elxai. No editions of these writings now publicly exist, but church archives recorded that they were once in popular circulation and known to the early presbyters. Knowledge of these writings survived from quotations made by Bishop Hippolytus of Rome (176 –236) and St Epiphanius of Salamis (315 – 403) along with references in some early editions of the Talmud of Palestine and Babylonia. The Rabbinic fraternity once held the destroyed manuscripts with great reverence for they were comprehensive original records reporting the ‘Life of Rabbi Jesus ’.
source

I think before we believe the New Testament, we need to see it's origins and authors, and the history of each.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by Deetermined

"16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,

Have you ever seen the definition of the word "Lord?" A Lord is a man!
www.learnersdictionary.com...
dictionary.reference.com...

You have to be talking about ETs coming, no other explanation fits properly.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

So in conclusion, you can point that pretty finger of yours in both directions, because from the sound of it, you are no better than what you obviously despise, so go out, buy a nice thick rope, and contribute to ending what you so dearly hate.

Let me see here, a CHRISTIAN promoting Suicide, and encouraging one of our members to commit suicide. Yep, a statement such as this hate filled piece only proves Druscilla to be right, at least where you are concerned. Tell me, how does a person like you sleep at night?

Read over the ATS T&C.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I imagine that muct be what the Resurrection will be like for those who did die. The longest i was under was for 11 hours, and it seemed like a couple seconds to me.

Sorry to break it to you, but you were under the influence of a powerful drug, commonly known as a Paralytic drug.

What is Anesthesia?
Anesthesia is the administration of medication to allow medical procedures to be done without pain, and in some cases, without the patient being aware during the procedure. There are a variety of types of anesthesia, as well as several different medical professions that are able to give anesthesia.
source
Being under anesthesia is not an NDE. I too have been "under the knife" numerous times, including a full fusion/fixation of all 5 lower lumbar. My only NDE was when I had a heart attack, way before that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

As stated before, i have indeed met some truly great people and:

The best "Christians" I've ever met were either Atheist, Buddhist, or Hindu and not Christians at all.
They give more to the poor.
They don't try to change or convert you.
They don't judge you.
They're kind and generous.
They don't care if you believe the same thing or not.

Every single Christian I've met has either balked that anyone at all could not be a Christian, Tried to witness/change me (pre-judgement), or tired to change/manipulate me some other way to their advantage to better witness/convert to me more.

Next to Hinduism, Christianity is a baby. Hinduism has been in existence, continually practiced and followed for well over 8000 years in documented history, plus there's indication in Hindu literature that Hinduism goes back even further beyond the 16,000 year mark, where there's evidence with the rediscovery of ancient Dwaraka (submerged underwater, and historically recorded in Hindu literature to have been submerged thus confirming Hindu literature on the city) dated around 12,000 or more years old.

According some of the more radical Christian doctrine, 8000 years is longer than the earth has even been in existence!

Additionally, Hinduism has spaceships lasers, and nuclear missiles in the Mahabharata, plus, out of Hinduism came the Kama Sutra which is fully embraced and accepted in Hinduism.
I think that if I wanted to choose a religion, I'd happily put a dot on my head before ever wearing a cross.

Krishna vs. Jesus ... methinks Krishna would walk away with the title belt.

This is just one of the faiths I've mentioned, but, I'll abstain from making further arguments in favor of Atheists and Buddhists.

I don't hate Christians. I certainly dislike them, but, no, no hate. If they want to leave this planet in some rapture event, I will be happy to see them being happy about leaving, and happy to see them go as well.

Everybody wins.

And.... rant over. Drucslla, you don't get out much or you just plain irritate people into showing their bad side. People are people regardless of the faith they may or may not follow. I usually find your posts interesting but this one is just boring and dismissive.

None but the most fundamentalist (and not limited to) Christians ever thought the Earth was that young - it's an urban myth. A curate cum amateur geologist made the claim at the same time in the 17th century when a lot of secular people were saying the same thing based on their very limited knowledge - for some, it became an accepted fact, but that just goes to show people believe what they want to believe.

Similarly, there is no documented reference to the 'Rapture' in any recognised texts of the Christian faith, it's another one of those things that creep in and people who want to believe, believe.

Hinduism doesn't have any spaceships or lasers, but there are people on ATS who will read poor translations and insist it does, the same as some people read fraudulent translations and think that 2012 marks the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Dude! You Will Soon See...

"Christ comes for His own 1Th 4:13-18 --------------------Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14
Believers taken to Father's House Joh 14:3 ----------------Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30
He is seen only by believers 1Co 15:52 --------------------Every eye will see Him Mat 24:30
Earth not judged -----------------------------------------------Earth judged Rev 20:4-5
A Mystery - 1 Co 15:51 --------------------------------------Foretold in OT Zech 12:10
Christians taken first 1Th 4:13-18 3 Mat 13:28-30 -------Wicked are taken first Mat 25:1-13; Rev 3:8-10; Rev 4:1,
He comes to present the Church to Himself 2 Co 11:2 ---He comes with His Church for judgement and to set up his Kingdom Rev 19:6-9, Zec 14:3-4; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 19:11-21
Casts Satan out of heaven to earth Rev 12 ------------------Binds Satan for a thousand years Rev 20
Occurs in the twinkling of an eye 1Co 15:52---------------Comes to earth to do battle at specific locations Isa 63:1-3, Rev 16:16, Zec 12:9-10
Jesus descends with a shout. 1Th 4:16 8 --------------------No shout mentioned Rev 19:11-21
Jesus comes as a thief in the night 1Th 24:43---------------Jesus comes at the end of 7 years of tribulation Dan 9:24-27, 12:11-12; Rev 11:2, 12:6,14, 13:5"
www.thepropheticyears.com...

"Bible Prophecy expert Grant Jeffrey gives a comprehensive explanation of the Rapture of the Church using sound Biblical Scripture."

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Respectfully, I hope indeed The Rapture is upon us.

A world without Christians mucking about will be quite heavenly.
Additionally, those of us eagerly awaiting for a Christian free world will be happy to pick up your stuff.

I wish all of you the best in your new place in Heaven and a happy bon voyage.

Hear hear, Druscilla! Well said. Perhaps the "faith" all of them have will lure some ETs to come pick them all up and take them away. All it would take at this point is for a big craft to land, and a being who looks like the popular pictures hanging in nearly every Christians home to be there, waving them all in....

Autowrench, that's a strange one as you seem to believe Valiant Thor is a documented example of proof of ET visitation, and what does the alleged person say in the transcribe you have recently put in a link? You know the one where 'Thor' says the message of Jesus spreads throughout the universe. Pile of crap in my opinion that Thor existed as anything other than a bit part actor, but you seemed to be cool with 'him'

If there is one thing that Christianity actually means, it's treat others as you would be treated yourself - might want to take a leaf out of that book sometime.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I like the Jesus persona a lot. It's very difficult to take Christians seriously though, as they treat each other like s**t, let alone their enemies. Meekness? Patience? Ninja, please. Even on this thread or any other thread, look at the way they are expressing their ideas towards each other, patronizing words full of sarcasm, anger and a sense of superiority.

34“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

As Druscilla pointed out, most people who do this are certainly not the Christians, but ironically enough, gays, atheists, new agers, hippies and hindus. At least around my part of town. I have met some nice Christians, but they turned out to be non-denominational, non-political, non-judgemental. One out of 100.

Remember:

Enter through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to damnation is wide, the road is clear, and many choose to travel it. But how narrow is the gate that leads to life, how rough the road, and how few there are who find it.

So, very few find this gate, not 2 billion, as suggested earlier.

And by narrow gate I don't think he meant the entrance door to Chick-a-fila.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join