It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quality of Photo's from Mars today in 2012 are not as good as way back in 1976 Because...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The First Color Photo below is from the 1976 Mars Viking Lander

Too bad Nasa did not put the same camera's used in the 1976 Viking Lander into the Latest Curiosity Rover.

Amazing how much Better Quality the Color Photo's from Mars where way back in 1976 as Compared
to the Color Photo's from the Mars Curiosity Rover today in 2012

The Quality of Photo's from Mars today in 2012 are not as good as way back in 1976 Because...???

A. Industrial Pollution on Mars today in 2012 is much worse now than it was way back in 1976.

B. The Camera's where Much Better way back in 1976 as compared to the digital camera's of 2012.

C. The whole Nasa Mars Probe Landing Gig is just One Great Big Ole Scam...

Ding, Ding, Ding Ding, Ding. - - The Correct Answer is " C "

C. The whole Nasa Mars Probe Landing Gig is just One Great Big Ole Scam...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
OR... you know, just for the sake of argument...

you've embedded a low-res copy of that second image.

That's right, folks, secret option D.
And there's your correct answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

The second photo looks to be higher quality than the first tbh, its just that the first has largish objects closer to the lens.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They haven't even begun to use their good cameras yet. Engineering (the department) still has control of the Rover and won't give it to the science guys for a couple of weeks yet. You're comparing apples and oranges, bud. Have some patience. They just got there and are still unpacking.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The mission is a week old with at least two years to go , its like watching a movie then switching off after the first minute because its boring ..... Patience , the pictures will get better .

edit on 13-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Have you tried zooming in on individual rocks on the new hi-res photos??? I swear I seen ants!

The new pictures are more close to true colour as well.

So sorry OP, wrong, 1976 photos aren't a patch on the 2012 pictures.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Please explain why they would fake this mission. I am so confused as to why they would waste time and money on faking this. Tell me why!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Worldablaze420
Please explain why they would fake this mission. I am so confused as to why they would waste time and money on faking this. Tell me why!

I don't believe it but it would be to project a sense of technological achievement where none exists.

Making people think they are more powerful then they really are.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ohhk I see. thnx!
It just seems to me that we know they have sats and such orbiting the planet. Its not an overwhelming leap to land something there. Also it was a collaboration of nations working on this so it cant prove one more powerful than the other
op where u at?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The curiosity image is also a montage of many images - see BBC article

Plus, as I discussed here, plenty of Viking images were quite poor resolution.

also see the first low-res images from Curiosity in this 360 deg panorama of 130 seperate panels, and here's the raw images - ain't nuthin' wrong with that picture quality!

and on top of that there aer numerous areas where the technological advnces matter that have little or nothing to do with image quality - at least not directly - such as weight, reliability and data storage. These things matter to space craft designers - if not to conspiracy theorists.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

"We got people for that."
Meaning the cameras will be working up to par, but what we get to see will only be what they want us to see. This has been the exact case since Malin and company was contracted by NASA/JPL to have exclusive rights for all images from space decades ago. Basically, they had six months to got through them and do as they wish before the images were to be released to the public. Before that time, as in the days of the early Mariner shots, the images were release immediately as they were downloaded and put into decent form. With the Viking images in the late 1970s, they found that they shouldn't do that.

They had not thought through the possibility of stumbling on to some photographic signs of intelligences on Mars. What happened is that the Viking orbiters, (two of them) imaged the little moon of Phobos. It has what would normally be unthinkable without knowing the facts of it, a mysterius orbit less than 400 miles/5970 km from the surface of the planet and make a complete rotation in about 8 hours. Rather than a lifeless appearing little body they assumed to be a naturally formed in place body, they found one that had every appearance of being an asteroid. Technically, that would mean a captured asteroid. Yet, the physics of the little body of Mars was not considered capable of having done so, but nonetheless, there it was as well of Deimos, a smaller body further out also in a near perfect circular orbit.

That data was bad enough, but what the orbiters imaged was enough to stump the NASA experts for a period of time until at some point they figured out that the mysterious grooves on Phobos were caused by it being meauvered into position by intelligent manipulation. From that point on, the lid came down on space images. Censors like Malin's company came into play ever since. Since the images of Phobos have been especially censored and you will never see more or better pictures of Phobos and its infamous grooves than were evident on the dozens old Viking images of the late 1970s. The fact that the entire body is covered in one type of distinctive directional fields of grooves or another explains why only a few images ever can be released since of its scant surface area.

Now you know the rest of the story. A few earliest images of Phobos gave us the anwers we were seeking about Mars. The decades since of looking for and denying water, etc and not looking closer at the anomalies found on the surface of the planet itself are all designed to stall the eventual truth: Life was/is on Mars! And of course with the fanfare of Curiosity, you can bet that it will find and confirm water at least having been in liquid form. We'll have to wait until they figure it is time for them to launch a probe to actually find liquid water there. But they will, in due time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by chrisb9
[
They had not thought through the possibility of stumbling on to some photographic signs of intelligences on Mars. What happened is that the Viking orbiters, (two of them) imaged the little moon of Phobos. It has what would normally be unthinkable without knowing the facts of it, a mysterius orbit less than 400 miles/5970 km from the surface of the planet and make a complete rotation in about 8 hours.

I presume that is supposed to be 4000 miles, not 400 - just a typo

Rather than a lifeless appearing little body they assumed to be a naturally formed in place body, they found one that had every appearance of being an asteroid. Technically, that would mean a captured asteroid. Yet, the physics of the little body of Mars was not considered capable of having done so, but nonetheless, there it was as well of Deimos, a smaller body further out also in a near perfect circular orbit.

Apaprently current thinking is that it was ejected from Mars by a collision with that planet by some body - it has close similarities with the makeup of Mars, and it is not the same sort of makeup as asteroids.

That data was bad enough, but what the orbiters imaged was enough to stump the NASA experts for a period of time until at some point they figured out that the mysterious grooves on Phobos were caused by it being meauvered into position by intelligent manipulation.

I would love to know how you know that NASA knows this??

From that point on, the lid came down on space images. Censors like Malin's company came into play ever since. Since the images of Phobos have been especially censored and you will never see more or better pictures of Phobos and its infamous grooves than were evident on the dozens old Viking images of the late 1970s. The fact that the entire body is covered in one type of distinctive directional fields of grooves or another explains why only a few images ever can be released since of its scant surface area.

the entire surface is not covered with groves -

The grooves thus formed as crater chains, and all of them fade away as the trailing apex of Phobos is approached.

-wiki

Now you know the rest of the story.

no thanks to you

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Didn't NASA doctor their Mars photos to make the red hues stand out more? Pretty sure I heard this on here before. That being said, the new pictures are more accurate, and have WAY better resolution. Quit living in the past!

new topics

top topics

join