It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people should vote for Romney/Ryan ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

So, seriously...What are we to do? Learn to Swim?

We need to take the country back from Corporations and Wall Street, but HOW????? That is the question.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolgal462

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by xuenchen

The last report I heard was that Romney was down 9%, that’s all I care about, and that is why Obama will get a second term.

The new voters and younger generation wouldn’t dare vote another war-mongering republican into office…thank God.

LOL, pray tell please tell me why President Obama hasn't withdrawn the troops from Afghanistan?
I also seem to recall Obama stating that he would start withdrawing troops from Iraq on Day 1 of his Presidency. That didn't happen. Then there was Libya.
President Obama hasn't done things any different than President Bush would have. In fact, he's been Bush III.....

As a wise Chinese warlord told me…‘You can only lie to your self’

As an old drunk in Singapore told me one day….‘forgive them for being blind as a bat with no sonar’

And as the Last prophet on this earth will tell you…Run from your Herder, for you was not intended to be sheeple .

'Wake Up'

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

So, I take it you have no answer to my question?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I meet a lot of young people 18 - 26 (I work in a store that caters to that demographic) and I live in Texas, sometimes we discuss politics and most of the people that I've talked to are voting for Obama. I'd say that about 85-90% of the people I meet are voting for Obama. Mainly because they don't want any more "trickle-down" economics, or invasions of other countries. They also don't want anymore tax breaks for the rich.

Most young people today are educated, I think that the baby-boomer generation makes up the majority of the Republican voter base.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Simple start from the top of my head:
1. Identify the problem: Problem is too much leeway on the amount of money that gets thrown around in Washington. As long as they can legally (loopholes) be blinded by the money they will continue to do so.

"Interest groups spent $17.4 million on lobbying for EVERY DAY Congress was in session in 2008, or $32,523 per legislator PER DAY."

2. Wake the people up: Political cheerleaders from both sides need to drop their naive idea that their Party is immune to the monetary influence in Washington.
They need to realize that neither party Ideals are getting implemented nor are they even considered when creating legislation in Washington. We have a corporatist economy and the only thing that matters is money. Your party ideals nor what is in the best interest of the tax payers’ matters. See they take your money before it even gets in your pocket so they don’t have to worry about pleasing you. What the politicians have to worry about is getting money from the lobbyist and it’s in the hundreds of millions. They have made the politicians dependent on their money and therefore they own them.

3. Unite: Once the individual democrats and the individual republicans realize that monetary influences is what is running our country versus what is in the best interest of the middle to lower class or party lines, then they should easily be able to unite to fix the problem.

Both the republicans and the democrats should be able to put down their ideals and DEMAND that both sides only deal with the problem of monetary influences in DC and not the symptoms (healthcare,social security,economy,medicare,jobs,taxes,public safety,Energy, etc…). There is no point about arguing about which party ideals are better as long as money is the motivator.

Besides both party have had full control of congress and the POTUS and neither party have fixed any of the symptoms listed above within the numerous decades of them existing.

a. The individual republicans and the individual democrats need to send the message that WE (Rep & Dems) are TEMPORARY putting our political ideals aside and as United Americans we want our gov’t back from the monetary influences in DC.

b. WE need to unite in public demonstrations to send a message to both the GOP and the DNC . WE need to send a message that as United Americans WE will not be distracted nor derailed by fighting among ourselves any longer.

c. WE need to demand that OUR elected officials only concentrate on removing the loop holes that allow for monetary influences in DC. Perhaps create a special task force and weekly public hearings with updates.

4. Fix the problem:
Possible start from the top of my head:

Create legislation to ensure insider trading is not allowed in DC.

Use technology to coordinate which issues are to be heard in DC versus lobbying influence$. The issues gets published on whitehouse.gov and the American voters can discuss and vote on the priority of the issue.
All gov’t hearings are to be performed in public unless it’s a matter of national security.

Term limits for congress.
No private fund rising. Once again use technology. If you want to be president or an elected official go to Whitehouse.gov and register and input your info. Get the required vote count and then you will be moved to the next round.

Equal time and equal exposure for the candidates. No use of private media companies. The candidates each get their own web pages where they can upload videos,blogs,etc to demonstrate where they stand on the issues.
Each website will have standardized forms that will be used by each of the candidates where simple comparisons on the issues can be performed.

All debates will be performed on cspan not on private or corporate news sources.
No advertising on private or corporate media sources should be allowed since no private funding will be accepted.

6. Fix the symptoms: As united Americans fix the rampant abuse and corruption among the existing programs in DC.

7. Go back to your party ideals. Once the monetary influences are removed then it makes sense to go back to your party ideals.

Summary: As long as we allow the political groups (DNC and GOP) and the media sources to keep us fighting among ourselves they will continue to rob us blind.

edit on 13-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well, that's all well and good but as evidenced right here in this thread, we cannot get the people to STOP the partisan arguing and finger pointing long enough to stop and realize WHO the real enemy is.

I try constantly to tell people that Democrats/Republicans are one in the same and they are not working on behalf of the people, they are working on behalf of BIG OIL/Wall Street and Big Pharma.

People refuse to listen. So how do you expect to get enough people to gather on Washington in large protests? The 1% have us fighting amongst ourselves and everyone is soooo tired when they get home from work that they just want to watch some mindless reality crap on TV and forget about politics....

Very few people I talk to want to talk about any of this. They are content to remain in their partisan corners and blame the other side.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by toolgal462

I hear you and the hardest step will definitely be to get people to unite and put their party lines down. However, that is our only hope of getting control back of our gov't. Not all solutions are easy and just because its not easy it doesn't mean its not the solution.

The special interest groups and lobbyist have turned politics into a religious spectator sport.
1. They made it blasphemy to talk bad about your own party regardless of how your candidate stands on the issues or what questionable associations they have or the number of coincidences where they do something questionable but end up on the monetary winning side .

2. They made the individual Rep and Dems become like the fans between a Dolphins and Jets game where they hate each other and look forward to the other side failing.

The only thing we can do is try to demonstrate to those hardcore party loyalist that the only thing in DC that matters is Money and their Ideals are not being implemented until that gets resolved.

I also think that in reality neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are happy with their party. In addition most are aware about the Monetary influences in DC and most are not happy about it , but they feel helpless on addressing the issue.

Heck the tea party and the Occupy Wallstreet got a lot of attention but there down fall was they put to much attention on blaming which party is or was to blame. I would love to see the same type of movement but with both Republicans and Democrats united against Washington and the monetary influences. Perhaps starting or organizing at local university where students have the passion, the drive to get involved in something that might make a difference, and more importantly they have time.

Blah blah blah I guess and hopeful aswell, but I know what they are doing to us and how they are playing us and if we continue to be pawns in their game nothing will change.

Therefore, I don't think it would be too unrealistic to start a small grassroots efforts with friends and family and the local community among Dems and Reps that are not happy with DC. Attention should only be focused on Washington and leaving out any mentions of party or individuals in order to try to maintain as neutral as possible or they will tear it apart from the inside out.The goal should be US citizens versus Washington.

One thing that we do have at our disposal in awaking the people that other generations did not have is real time interactive bidirectional communications via the internet. Hence why they have begun to attack it. The internet allows people to challenge their own views among a global society, organize, investigate, critically think , and view things through others perspective that one would normally not interact with. Knowledge is dangerous my friends.

I'm kind off pooped out at the moment and got to finish some real work, but all I can say is that we have to start small and to even start the process of uniting both sides will be an advance in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Very few people I talk to want to talk about any of this. They are content to remain in their partisan corners and blame the other side.

I think people are hardwired to be followers of either the conservative or liberal persuasion. Oh they fool themselves in that they are logical in their decision to be libs or cons but in actuality it's part of their innate tribal/primitive response to a perceived threat. Adolescent talking monkeys just poo flinging because they don't know what else to do.

I think I'll head down to Topolobampo perhaps and sit out the campaign with some civilized Mexicans; at least they are aware of the corruption in their own country and display the proper cynicism.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So.........tell me why would anyone in their right mind back the candidate the media is trying to cram down our throats?

ATS members, don't grumble about the evil MSM when you agree with their agenda.

sad eyed lady

edit on 8/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't think people should vote for either candidate; you can vote by not voting. Both candidates are deplorable, why settle for one of them when the other is just as bad?

On a tangent, with Obama we know what were getting for the next four years; Romney could be a whole new can of worms.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Our country is going to crash and burn financially with the rest of the world.

The last person I want to be in charge is Obama. He wants the welfare people to gun down everyone and thus decrease the welfare burden. They're so studpid, they don't see it.

I want someone why does have some semblance of morals. Ron Paul, YES, but very unlikely.

Paul Ryan comes from down=to=earth morals, at least.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Most young people today are educated, I think that the baby-boomer generation makes up the majority of the Republican voter base.

Not sure which young people you are referring to, but nobody where I live gives a hoot or really truly cares about the election this year. Young people are educated?!?!?!
Well if you consider spouting Obama talking points educated. I can't tell you how many people I know that are voting for Obama just based on the fact that now he likes gay marriage. Three of my friends ruled that as some type of accomplishment.

Fact. Most young people are NOT educated, when it comes to politics, or economics, or what goes on in government.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I am voting for them because they eat Big Macs, frys, shake and apple pie.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This just confirms that the GOP ticket is out of touch.

America is not exceptional in much... Much to brag about anyway.

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

"We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending..."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Romney can make up stuff all day long, but America is no longer as "exceptional" as some would like to believe.

I like your statistics, so ill add some more since America isnt 'exceptional' as you put it,.

First in overall medals at the Olympics and fist in amount of Gold medals won as well. So yes we are the most obese nation in the world, but guess what, we also have the best athletes in the world.

bleacherreport.com...

Also......in the same week that we swept the Worlds most prestigious athletic event we also landed another rover on Mars......pretty exceptional in my book. Remind me again of all those other 'smarter, more in shape nations' achievements? Oh right, theyve paled in comparison to America.....yet again

I absolutely LOVE america.....i just hate its government and the path we are starting to take towards a downward spiral.

It is quite ignorant to say we arent exceptional, on the world stage we just proved again that we have the ability to rise above all others, and that was just in the past week......in athletics and science...we are still on top, we just have to work to fix the areas we are lacking in.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Fact. Most young people are NOT educated, when it comes to politics, or economics, or what goes on in government.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Fact: Neither are the older generation that solely relies on the tv, radio, and paper for their political information.

Bottom line the masses are ignorant or could careless when it comes to politics and that is just how they like it. If the voters were educated or had common sense they wouldn't fall for slogans,talk or marketing hype and they would solely concentrate on voting records. Hence why they herded the masses into a ObamNey 2012 ticket.

How messed up is it that the best the republican party can bring to the table is a couple of guys who aren't even republicans if you go by their voting records.

1. When is it OK for a republican to believe that Socialized healthcare is a solution for anything or if they state can afford it because it has surplus?

Not only did Romney implement socialized healthcare but his own press speaker appraised it.

"Romney is occasionally asked by the more conservative/libertarian voters, why he used an individual mandate."

his response:
"The key factor that some of my libertarian friends forget is that today, everybody who doesn't have insurance is getting free coverage from the government. And the question is, do we want people to pay what they can afford, or do we want people to ride free on everyone else. And when that is recognized as the choice, most conservatives come my way."

"Massachusetts could afford the increase in budget expense because Romney balanced the state budget before implementing RomneyCare"

mittromneycentral.com...

2. When is it OK for a republican to not believe in the free market and rather believe in picking winners and losers by giving gov't bailouts to private companies?

3. When is it OK for a republican to believe in Bigger gov't and taking away your liberties by implementing NDAA , the patriot act, the brady bill?

If you ask me I say the Democrats are winning the War and they converted the GOP into the DNC by planting Romney as there Mole.

But it all makes sense on why the Republicans are acting like democrats since the Special interest groups and lobbyist own both the GOP and the DNC which owns our POTUS and congress.

Since the Special interest groups and lobbyist own our gov't why wouldn't they want bigger gov't? If they own gov't they not only control the consumers but they even control the market by creating legislation. Its no wonder that No Republican has shrunk gov't to taken away gov't programs even when they had full control of congress and the presidency.
edit on 14-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Way to go turning this into yet another "HATE ON AMERICA" thread!!!

Maybe you broke a record.....Congrats

It is called being realistic... Self evaluation is not a weakness.

Being blind and clueless to your own faults is a serious weakness.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't know why people should vote for Romney and Ryan.

I was doing some studying about voting this morning and voting fraud in particular; very interesting reading.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I don't think people should vote for either candidate; you can vote by not voting. Both candidates are deplorable, why settle for one of them when the other is just as bad?

On a tangent, with Obama we know what were getting for the next four years; Romney could be a whole new can of worms.

Two things, your first point is spot on. And if you look at the numbers, a 'majority' never even voted for Obama. He won with approx. 70,000,000 votes, while that is a record for number of votes cast for a candidate, he only received 34% of the registered voters approval. There are approx. 205,000,000 voters and approx. 315,000,000 US citizens. And again only 70,000,000 voted for him. McCain had about 60,000,000 votes.

The 205 million registered voters is almost the conceivable maximum of voters that are mentally capable of making that decision. We have 315,000,000 total population with 1/4th of that being under 18, and then the other stragglers would likely be convicts, mentally unstable (senile) or mentally handicapped. So the approximate 205 registered voters are almost all of the population that should be making the decision (in my opinion). So there is a almost a 3rd or about 37% of the people who arent even voting...at all. That in and of it self is more people than voted for Obama with approx 75 million, or 5 million more voters than voted for our current president. WE HAVE THE MAJORITY, we just need to USE IT.

Now some people wonder why those other 75 million arent voting, and I see it as those are the ones who are just sick and tired of all the BS we have been getting out of Washington. It also explains why the politicians are doing everything conceivable to hold onto power. THEY KNOW WE ARE AWARE AND OUR NUMBERS ARE GROWING. The amount of people not voting has increased over the years and its because they are fed up with the system. We are disenfranchised and no longer believe in this farce democracy.

Let me ask you another question (tot he general viewer and not the poster i replied to). Why do we not have MANDATORY voting in place? We should, so at least EVERYONE who is eligible is represented. What if there were only 3 registered voters and 2 voted one way and 1 the other. Would then the 'majority' still have the most? And thats my point, we are not being represented by what a majority feels, only a small percentage that have faith in a system that is surely against the average man. We have to stop playing their game, and we have the numbers to do just that. 75 million people who dont believe in our system, now add to that the agitated republicans and democrats who DID vote last time, but are now dissatisfied with the choices from both sides. We all know some democrats are fed up with Obama, we also know Mitt Romney wasnt a very popular choice. So I would say we have closer to 100 MILLION legally registered and eligible to vote citizens who CAN change things, who CAN put NEW people into office, who CAN DEFEND ourselves and make real change. All it takes is ACTION and COORDINATION.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now to the second part of your post.....you are only half way right about knowing what Obama will do, you have to remember this is his last term, he can completely tank things with little to no retribution, he doesnt have to worry about a re-election the next term, Romney does, and that has always been a strong reason for politicians to ride the middle, at least for awhile. I am not advocating for Mitt, I am just pointing out a fallacy in your argument. We know what Obama has done, but even he himself has said he will have more wiggle room this term than last since he doesnt havve to go up for re-election

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Now to the second part of your post.....you are only half way right about knowing what Obama will do, you have to remember this is his last term, he can completely tank things with little to no retribution, he doesnt have to worry about a re-election the next term, Romney does, and that has always been a strong reason for politicians to ride the middle, at least for awhile. I am not advocating for Mitt, I am just pointing out a fallacy in your argument. We know what Obama has done, but even he himself has said he will have more wiggle room this term than last since he doesnt havve to go up for re-election

That is a very good point and I haven't thought about it that way. That may be the only reason I decide to vote for Romney. But I think it's already been stated by someone that if Romney wins, it's only going to delay the inevitable and if Obama wins, we will just hit bottom sooner.

But I'm really leaning towards not voting as I despise being a hypocrite and I just can't in good conscience pull the lever for either guy! Then again, I must go to the polls to vote against Elizabeth Warren (here in Mass).....

And to the rest of your post. I think the American people are too tired, disillusioned and polarized to ever organize in large enough numbers to actually make a difference. Which is exactly what our Wall Street Overlords intended all along.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Way to go turning this into yet another "HATE ON AMERICA" thread!!!

Maybe you broke a record.....Congrats

It is called being realistic... Self evaluation is not a weakness.

Being blind and clueless to your own faults is a serious weakness.

You don't speak for all Americans so get over yourself. And you certainly do not speak for me.
You might want to take your own advice and do some 'self evaluation" because nobody likes a pompous,judgemental ass! Being blind and clueless in not an excuse for your own faults, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join