It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent visit to Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just reporting back from Area 51 where me and my wife visited following our Vegas wedding 11 days ago. We went out to Groom Lake on 7th August.

What struck me was that the warning signs were so far down Groom Lake Road and the photos make it look quite wide but the road goes quite narrow.

When I got out of the car, i fel very intimidated even though i was doing nothing wrong, when the cammo dudes were there.

Anyway, just thought I would post this experience etc

Pic 1
edit on 13-8-2012 by Gregandgemma because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Gregandgemma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You tease me with so many broken links!

You're worse than the men in camo, damn it!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
You tease me with so many broken links!

You're worse than the men in camo, damn it!

You can always copy/paste one of the malformed links and browse through the album...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry, try this...i have them up on Image shack which i am using for the first time

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the pictures. Visiting Area 51 is something I hope to do in the future. I know I won't see anything more than what everyone else has seen, but I just want to be able to say I have been there. We go to Vegas a couple of times a year, I just have not yet been able to convince my wife to make the trip. Again, many thanks for the pics and your story.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We made the journey from the UK for our wedding at Ceasers Palace and HAD to make the trip. Also went to Little Ale Inn for a quick stop!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here are some more pics

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Congratulations on getting married. And the pics a great!!!
I myself am waiting for it to cool down a bit this fall and I'm heading down on my
motorcycle...it's 100f+ up here in Northern California, I don't wanna know what it is there...
Thanks for sharing, very cool

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So is it worth going?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Congrats on the wedding!
I hope the trip out to A51 made it that much more exciting.
I have never been there and CANT wait for the day that the gf and I have enough time to make the trip. I'd rather drive (poconos PA here) and see everything on the way. Plus I have a heavy duty off road truck, not a raptor but I think I could give them a run for their money LOL.

Anyway again congrats and great pics!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Hi all,
Just reporting back from Area 51 where me and my wife visited following our Vegas wedding 11 days ago. We went out to Groom Lake on 7th August.

What struck me was that the warning signs were so far down Groom Lake Road and the photos make it look quite wide but the road goes quite narrow.

When I got out of the car, i fel very intimidated even though i was doing nothing wrong, when the cammo dudes were there.

Anyway, just thought I would post this experience etc

How much convincing did it take to talk your new wife into going? My current gf thinks I am nuts, I've been to the signs about 10 times now, and I live in Canada! She came with me once, and just kind of shook her head at me. How do you explain the attraction of being at the border of "no mans land"?

"i fel very intimidated even though i was doing nothing wrong"
I still do, especially when I show up there alone, and like I said I've been there 10+ times now. Of course, I don't do anything stupid like screw around right at the line, or climb the "hill", the trail/road going up the hill just before the signs on the right hand side. It IS on public land, but a little too close for my comfort.

Last trip I was visiting as many "gates" as I could on my 4 wheeler. The cammo dudes were shadowing me the entire time. They get real edgy about ATV's, as I could theoretically just bomb over the border, and with enough skill out maneuver them for quite a while. Likely they would send out the Pavehawk helicopter(s) in that event.

I'm too old for those shenanigans though...
edit on 13-8-2012 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Absolutely. Wanted to do that since I first learned of it. As you can see, I have been on ATS for coming up 8 years and although I dont post much, I do read alot.

You have to go. Felt very intimidating for some reason!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Thanks. We hired a car (we are from UK) for the day especially to go there. Also took two of our 3 children (youngest stayed with relative at the hotel)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

She was really up for going. No persuading from me. Wasnt sure we would get time to go to the Little Ale Inn but she said we have to.

She did not get out the car though as felt a bit nervous.

Wish I had taken more pics from outside the car but was not sure what I should do really so played it safe.

CAmmo dudes were waiting for us when we got there!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
reply to post by FosterVS

She was really up for going. No persuading from me. Wasnt sure we would get time to go to the Little Ale Inn but she said we have to. She did not get out the car though as felt a bit nervous. Wish I had taken more pics from outside the car but was not sure what I should do really so played it safe. Cammo dudes were waiting for us when we got there!

I as well never left the vehicle first time I was there, most of my pictures taken through the windshield. I know how you felt, intimidated. Most people do, I still get nervous but I know there is bugger all they can do unless I cross the border. They may not like me poking around at remote "gates" but all they do, and can do, is watch me.

Although - you and I are both foreign nationals. So I am not sure if the same rules apply. I am thinking in the event of crossing the border. I know, from a chat I had with the Alamo sheriff department, that crossing the line gets you a $600+ ticket. But if you are a foreigner... not sure what would happen.

It is nice you made the trip, and took the kids. It's pretty cool to say "I was AT Area 51" and have the pictures to prove it!
edit on 14-8-2012 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How can we be sure that is area 51. I didn't see any aliens or flying saucers in the pictures. At least you could have tossed a frisbee in the air behind you so it looks authentic.
Did you marry an Alien there?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I did get married but not sure she would like to be called an Alien!

Least now i have shrugged off 'the pics or it didnt happen' for my visit!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Congrats On the wedding mate ,

and well done for making the effort to go to A51.

you and i pretty much came to ATS around the same time, good to see you are still here and well.

snoopyuk
edit on 15-8-2012 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Appreciate the pics but a word of advice.

Capri pants and you...ugh!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VerySweetMan

Yeah thanks!

join