It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenth West Nile Death Confirmed in Dallas, aerial spraying might start on thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Dallas County confirms a tenth person has died after contracting the West Nile virus. Officials say the victim was a woman in her 90s with underlying health problems. The latest victim lived in zip code 75229. Due to the spread of the West Nile virus, Dallas will begin aerial sparying on Thursday. Last week, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins recommended aerial spraying to help kill the mosquito population that carries the virus.

www.nbcdfw.com...

its up to the individual areas if and when but it looks like its going ahead.

Truck mounted spraying of pesticide has already started.

Details here :

content.govdelivery.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Geez, I did not know it was that bad, but it's a shame to chose a lesser of two evils(?) and get sprayed.

"While the pesticide is generally considered safe, residents and their pets should avoid contact with the spray by staying indoors until 2 hours after the truck has passed their immediate area or daylight."

Hopefully they will announce the spray and warnings. Why can't they do this after midnite when most folks are inside?
So does WN kill healthy people or just the elderly and sick?

Who is more likely to get sick after being infected with West Nile virus?

Evidence shows that many people infected with West Nile virus have mild symptoms, or no symptoms at all. People with weaker immune systems and people with chronic diseases are at greater risk for serious health effects. While the overall risk of serious health effects increases with age, persons of any age or health status can be at risk of serious health effects associated with West Nile virus infection. That is why it is so important to avoid mosquito bites, especially if the virus is active in your neighbourhood, town or region.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...
Can an infected mosquito transfer the disease to other skeeters?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well this is obviously safe, the MSM say so.

While the insecticide is considered safe, residents in the above areas should avoid contact with the spray by staying indoors. Persons inside a vehicle while trucks are actively spraying should remain in their vehicles with the windows up and the air conditioner on until the trucks pass and the spray is no longer visible. Persons out during the scheduled spraying time should be alert for trucks and should not follow them. Residents who come in contact with the spray are advised to wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water. The spray breaks down quickly in the presence of sunlight and has no residual effect. Fish ponds should be protected and pets should be brought inside during the spraying period.

www.the33tv.com...

hmmm, really wouldn't want to breath in something that could cause illness in pets or fish, and that I am told to wash of thoroughly if it touches me.

Never seen a mosi in my life, quite glad about that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

To be honest I am clueless to all this. Where I live mosi's would need thermals to get through the summer.

Just know I wouldn't be keen with them spraying pesticide in my area.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

I grew up in Louisiana and the spraying is par for the course down there, done on a monthly basis. But that was 20 years ago, and I wonder if the pesticide is stronger these days. Hell what's a little more pesticide eh? It's in everything else including food, so our bodies probably actually need it now.

ETA: "Mosquitos with thermals."

edit on 13-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is actually starting to get bad. Our mild winter and the wet start to Spring only made things worse. I've heard that there's at least one hospital in Dallas where an entire floor is occupied by West Nile patients. I would bet the same is true for Ft Worth also.

I don't know if aerial spraying is the best idea, but what else can be done? Hundreds of people have been infected and there's still a good month or two before the mosquitoes start to really die off. I've never liked mosquitoes, but I'm paranoid about them now. My aunt had West Nile years ago and she still hasn't fully recovered. There's no way I want to go through that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

Heads up Dallas/Ft Worth areas, they just gave the go ahead to do aerial sprays. I don't know what they're going to be spraying but, I doubt it's going to be healthy.

Time for all you to go on vacation till the spraying's done... Far away!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Dallas and other North Texas cities have agreed to the rare use of aerial spraying from planes to combat the nation's worst outbreak of West Nile virus so far this year.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is sad and bad, but it is another explicitly warned about result of climate change. Expect also to see instances of dengue fever, another mosquito-borne illness historically relegated to subtropical climes much closer to the equator.

I do not know how much more it will take to convince the science deniers so we can finally at least try to prepare for the consequences that are now no longer able to be stopped. We can't fix anything until we can properly diagnose the problem. In this case, science has properly and unmistakeably identified the problem, but we no longer allow science to inform our scientifically-related policy, instead, we let political ideology guide our decisions.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dustwolf
www.chicagotribune.com...

Heads up Dallas/Ft Worth areas, they just gave the go ahead to do aerial sprays. I don't know what they're going to be spraying but, I doubt it's going to be healthy.

Time for all you to go on vacation till the spraying's done... Far away!

Must be news in IL because the company doing the spraying is from there?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Now THIS is chemtrailing. And oddly, they're making no secret of it.

Must say though, I'm not sure which is the lesser or 2 evils here.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I live in the Garland area. They sprayed 2 different nights I believe.What was really weird is the following day of the first spray it was pretty rainy. Same goes for the next day that they sprayed it. Though before the sprayings took place it was actually quite hot and sunny around here. So idk if it's connected and these guys are messing with the weather, or if that was a coincidence? I for one think it's really fishy. I'm sure that pesticide isn't too good for you either.

top topics

join