It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History repeats itself...so what's the point???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We've all heard the phrase "History repeats itself". The Old generation dies and the new generation begins. This first occured to me when I was listening to the radio the other day. I thought they play the same damn songs on the radio day in and day out. Why!?!? It's because younger people are just picking up on these awesome new songs that they've never heard before. They're such good guitarists, or drummers, not realizing that 20 years have passed since that song came out. It seems to be the same thing with our political system. They all make the same promises yet things are getting worse. Does anyone remember Ross Perot?.....Ron Paul..... Very similar canidates but both never had a chance. The wars are also similar, always off shore mainly in the middle east. These governmental bodies regurgitate the same nonsense over and over again, and they do it by drawing in the younger generations.
We need to teach these younger generations that they are in danger. It doesn't matter how young they are. The public schools are teaching the same nonsense to our children. Politicians are false, and the people are the truth. We teach our children that TPTB are not to be trusted and that they to be self-reliant, not corp. reliant. Break the cycle and let "US" the people be the writers of history from now on. We can take the power back!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

I like your thinking , and agree you are very right, the new generations are maximally important . Having thougth in depth about this , I think it is best to teach children , not our perspectives politically speaking , but their perspectives , politically speaking . (who gets what and how)
Covering all bases here , every one , is honesty and the truth . The powers that be, in any shape or form , will as you noted , spin lie after lie . Children would then learn not to trust anyone who tells lies . Not to buy their products , not to vote for them , not to get deceived in any way . This is also a basis of self-reliance.
The subject 'truth' should be as important as the subject 'maths' or 'history' , or 'geography' . None of these should be optional either .

join