It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘More Visible’ U.S. Role Expected in Syria in Coming Weeks, Turkey Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well it appears it won't be long now until U.S. "visible" intervention in Syria in the coming weeks takes place, that's if the source is correct. Turkey has been receiving a mass influx of refugees over the last days, and the idea is to setup corridors or pockets for civilian protection.

And if the U.N. mandate is vetoed by Russia and or China, Ankara will take it's own steps anyways, backed by Western and Arab allies.

Source

Officials underscored that “a new stage” has begun in Syria, adding that American involvement in Syria will become more visible in the upcoming weeks. They said the visit of US Secretary Hillary Clinton focused on a number of issues and both side exchanged their view on Syria. Both Turkey and the US have agreed that state institutions will remain intact in the post-Assad era, preventing a power vacuum in Turkey's southern neighbor.

(Alternative source)
Source
edit on 13-8-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Did i miss something? did Syria attack their neighbors recently to illicit this kind of response!? NO but it will be widely accepted (by morons) that Syria get attacked..
..because the people that they paid arn't getting the job done.
here come the warmonger chearleading squad..what a joke
If i could post a picture of vomit ..i would
edit on 13-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The games afoot!

We will see if Czar Putin is serious or all jaw...
Personally I think he will buckle.
edit on 13-8-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I, for one dont want to find out..........Putin may be a putz but hes got a finger on the big red button........Even a small nuclear "skirmish", say five or ten bombs going off would change the climate significantly...not to mention the radiation spikes....
I hope they at least use neutron bombs and keep the infrastructures intact as possible.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
The games afoot!

We will see if Czar Putin is serious or all jaw...
Personally I think he will buckle.
edit on 13-8-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

No one has the balls to use the nukes we have nowadays. Theyre not called Crust Busters for no reason. We have some that are powerful enough to crack the earth's crust. The man that pushes the button is a tool.
edit on 14-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join