It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) De Ja Vu for Two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Halloween, another stupid holiday celebrated by more stupid little kids." Joseph flicked his cigarrete, dusting ashes onto the tops of children's costumes yards below the tree he had seated himself in. Suddenly, someone was calling out to him from below.

"What?!" He snapped. The little girl, dressed in a fairy costume, complete with wings and a tiara, giggled mischieviously on the sidewalk.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked him.

"Because you're a ridiulous waste of human flesh!" He took a drag from his cigarette, and leaned towards the girl, engulfing her face in smoke.

"Maybe next Halloween you won't be so lonely." She smiled and skipped away, without even coughing.

A year had passed, he was in a new town, worse off than the last. Joseph's friends had thrown a party and it had turned into a collection of kids getting plastered and harassing the neighbors. He declined the night's festivites and sat in the living room with several others, incuding his girlfriend. He didn't remember her name at the moment. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Seeing as no one else was sober enough to stand, he stumbled towards the door, with a bottle of vodka is his hand. Joseph looked down to see a little girl, dressed as a fairy. His eyes focussed slowly, and dazed off into her radiance.

"Why are you staring at me?" she said with a smile.

"Because..." he scrambled his mind for some scrap of a vocabulary. Unfortunately, his mind was too clouded with smoke to find it, so he spat out whatever floated to the surface. "Because you're standing at my f****ng door. " He took a swig of vodka, swallowed, and blew its remains all over the little girl's face. The scent was so strong is must have burned her eyes.

Of this profanity she took no offense, and simply smiled, replying "Maybe next year you won't be so confused," as she ran away, though it seemed to Joseph that she had flown.

The next year had come, and Joseph was once again living in a new town. This town had revealed itself to be the worst of all places he had traveled, with nothing to drag him out of his own mind. Nothing but one person, a girl, 3 years younger than he.

They spent the day driving into the nearby city, going to quirky shops and dressing in funny costumes. It was halloween, after all. That night, they went to her house and lyed on the floor, watching another scary movie that everyone present had already seen.

"Why is it that you don't like halloween?" she asked him.

Joseph looked at her, and laughing he replied, "because your stupid tiara is getting in the way of me kissing you, and those stupid wings are in the way of me holding you."

"Oh well aren't we the romantic huh?" she laughed and pushed him to the ground. They ran out of the house and through the streets, chasing each other for hours.

Out of breath, they collapsed on the concrete, lying next to one another and staring at the stars.

Joseph had not seen the stars by any other means than their reflection in her eyes. Minutes later, she caught his glance and asked, "Why are you staring at me?"

He remembered the tree, he remembered the door, he remembered her wings and her tiara, and he remembered her running away.

He did not respond, but instead took his hand and rested it upon her lips.

He took a breath and exhaled into her mouth, and sealed it shut with a kiss.

"What was that for?" she giggled.

"Now you have a piece of my soul. Next time you run away, you'll take me with you."

She looked at Joseph with innocent eyes and with the smile of a child. "Maybe this year you wont need me to."

::Edit for missplellings, I should really check for that more often!

[edit on 10/14/04 by ArtStarr]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
good story... nice but spooky ending, also well written

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
guess I hiccupped oops

[edit on 10-14-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ArtStarr,

This story sounds like it couldv'e happened in real life! Almost like One Step Beyond! Well written and kind of eerie at the end. I liked it a lot.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You want to know something scary?

It did happen in real life.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nice story little spooky ending.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
well done, scary love story.

top topics

join