It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let the name fool you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I promise I'll make a point!

From a very young age i was inquisitive. I wanted to know everything about everything. Little things interested me to no end. The color of the sky, the moon, ants, the sun, and everything in between. The older I got, the broader and more detailed the questions. How did oxygen work? Gravity? Space flight.... Usually no one could answer.

I grew up in a very "Southern Baptist" home. Jesus was prevalent in my life from day 1. I always questioned religion. Spirituality. My Grandmother said i needed to be a Preacher. LOL

I was 9 when i was "Saved". What did that mean to me? I was going to Heaven!! Love and Gold streets and no sin would be intrinsic! I was super happy! Hell would be a place I would never see... My skeletons were gone. That i also questioned.

I have known since i was 5 years old I was different. But that different was wrong. Because i am Gay. So i suppressed it. Acted like that very part of who i was did not exist. It couldn't if i wanted to see my family again after death. If i didn't want to burn i Hell for eternity. More questions and even less answers. My God of Love was turning into something i Feared.

At 18 I came out. Accidentally actually. I had suppressed a part of myself for so long that it created an alter ego of its own. Still in High School and dating guys beyond my years outside of it. Drinking and Drugs were apart of my scene. How i still did so well in high school i will never know. I remember coming home, Pilled out of my mind, and telling my parents everything and leaving.

At 21, i was fed up with life! Nothing made sense. The things people are interested in were not what i was into. Drugs were a part of my life still. Mostly the herbal kind. I almost took my life one night. Something came over me at the moment of conviction. I decided at that moment that i was worth something. I knew not what it was. But i was determined to find out. I packed my car and ran. $400 dollars in my bank account and Orlando-bound (FL).

I lived in Orlando for a year. Its where i finally found some answers. Its where I found ATS. January 2010. I was 22 at the time. I found a safe haven. A place where there were others like me. I found God again. I went to church. I was with ATS for all the drama filled Hype this place can induce. BP, Christ Church, Haiti, Fukashima, Nibiru, and all of the other threads that have run into obscurity.

I decided to move back home. So i headed back to South Carolina. I thought i could change the world with all of this new information!! All of the wonderful things i have learned!!!!

Thats when the depression hit me like a car at 80mph. No one cares. It didnt matter. The only one that cared was me and i felt lonely. It sucked. There were days i wouldn't get out of bed. I had lost that amazing feeling of being awakened!! Because when you awake, you realize how many are still asleep.

Out of all of the Hell i've gone though, from being extreme Christian, to studying Buddhism, Hinduism, Wiccan, and everything in between. Ive finally started to figure some things out. There is no ONE RELIGION. No religion at all actually. There is the life we live, and its our reality to shape.

Everyone of us make a mark in this world. In some WAY, SHAPE, or FORM. From the beauty of birth to the sadness of death. Or the fear of birth to the happiness of death. The point being, each and everyone of our realities are different from each other, yet we are all related. All united. In some Grand way.

I finally have sat back, looked at the bigger picture, and realized that what is around me is the Unity of Ever-Present Change. We are connected by that if nothing else. I love people harder because of it. I judge less. I'm Happier then i've ever been. Things have become more clear. I can see with a brighter set of eyes.

Our spirituality (or lack there of) resides in each and everyone of us. And whatever we decide is our choice that none can take. WE can believe or not. Trust or not. Love or not. It doesn't matter really. Its all part of a Grand Design (or not).

Here we are. 3 years after that. 2013 is upon us (oh god space rock!!
) Anyway, as a long time lurker and admirer i feel its my time to finally start putting in my 2 cents. I need to be knocked down off of this high horse i feel ive put myself on. It definitely helps the character HaHa.

So ChristIsHere represents who i was in 2010 when i started. It actually represents who I am now. No Longer affiliated with organized religion, But very spiritual. It represents the enlightenment inside of myself. People wait for a savior that can turn there boring glass of water into wine. I say he is here. Inside of us. We are the change. We are who create and destroy.

So ATS, you have me for Better or Worse. But that is what makes it so interesting. Change is a Gift i say. And Change you i will...

C+I+H

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Welcome, Friend.

I agree with you about organized religion.

The problem with organized religion, is that it is organized. Organized how? Organized to fit the agenda of men.

When Jesus and the apostles spoke about the Church, they were not talking about a tax-exempted organization that has millions of dollars worth of property.

I believe they were talking about the 'followers of Christ'.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristIsHere

Dude I could have written that exact story...and reading It gave me chills. Even the south Carolina to Florida part and all the inbetweens...creepy really.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thank you both for the kind words =D

And I believe you would call that Synchronicity. Ive yet to find out how that works but I'm bound and determined to find out before I die. It happens to me all the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Welcome...

How i still did so well in high school i will never know

Your school had several lonely male teachers..?

Enjoy your time here and make the most of it...
edit on 13-8-2012 by facelift because: add an R

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! May you find peace here, and a good debate.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We are Rigel4.........You'll make an excellent drone!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

HAHAHA I wish! no but seriously...

63 students in my graduating class. Very little. Then again, the only thing to do in my town was
A) have babies
B) have another baby.
C) drop out.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the madhouse...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I like where you said: "we are the change."

One of the people in history I really admire is Mahatma Gandhi and he said:

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Awe! :-) (((((((( HUGS)))))))))

You my friend are such a sweet spirit and it seems to me from where I sit that you are indeed growing into such a beautiful blossom that will no doubt spread its inspiring scent to the masses here on ATS.

Your story, although different in many ways is just like my story. We ARE connected and I LOVE YOU! :-)

You made the circle just as I did, and here we are.... Smiling from ear to ear at the essence of this journey we call life.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"I almost took my life one night. Something came over me at the moment of conviction. I decided at that moment that i was worth something."

That was awesome to hear man, glad you came back from that brink and started to believe in yourself. I definitely respect your honesty in this post, and your willingness to look at life from all angles.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story. We are glad you are still around to learn/teach.
You will fit in well.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
welcome

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The warmth from this thread is intoxicating!!
I wish I could star every one of you for the sentiments!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and thank you for a very personal introduction

I get the feeling that you have a very kind soul.

Extra points for the naked spiderman photo

edit on 13-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Welcome bro.
Look forward to discussing things with you.

link   

Welcome ChristIsHere

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

LOL thank you so much!!
I was hoping someone would get that.
All of my friends know I love to go around 'webbing' ridiculous people.
Glad I could emulate him =P
Green Lantern is actually my comic book hero, unfortunately green is not my color.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...may you continue to spread hope, and thoughtfulness to every thread you touch. I look forward to meeting you in the forums. Your honestly written intro, is like a cup of cool water in an arid land. I long to sip again and again....

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join