It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda suspects have 'disappeared'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Looks like the current government has again decided that the Geneva convention doesn't apply to them...

www.cnn.com...

At least 11 al Qaeda suspects have "disappeared" in U.S. custody, and some may have been tortured, Human Rights Watch said in a report issued Monday.

The prisoners are probably being held outside the United States without access to the Red Cross or any oversight of their treatment, the human rights group said. In some cases, the United States will not even acknowledge the prisoners are in custody.

The report said the prisoners include the alleged architect of the September 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, as well as Abu Zubaydah, who is believed to be a close aide to Osama bin Laden.

In refusing to disclose the prisoners' whereabouts or acknowledge the detentions, Human Rights Watch said, the U.S. government has violated international law, international treaties and the Geneva Convention. The group called on the government to bring all the prisoners "under the protection of the law."

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This does not surprise me bush does not abide by international laws bush is a king on its own right.

Down with the king

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

The report said the prisoners include the alleged architect of the September 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, as well as Abu Zubaydah, who is believed to be a close aide to Osama bin Laden.

Well lets see, they sure held the International law close to their hearts right? Look 2 wrongs dont make a right. They are alive and well but the location, should remain in limbo IMHO

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So Edslinger? You think the Geneve convention should not apply to the United States?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't like the idea that the US government isn't acknowledging they are holding them. This tells me that these figures can later be used to inspire fear to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Recent experience has shown that if you release terrorists from places like X-Ray they go straight back and start terrorisin all over again.

Best these sub-humans don't resurface ever again. Hope they suffered a hell of a lot of pain along the way too!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
So Edslinger? You think the Geneve convention should not apply to the United States?

I don't know what edsinger thnks but I, personally don't think that the genev conventon the hague accords or any other documents outlining "rules of war" should be accepted, ratified, or honored by the US. None of our enemies live up to these agreements why should we?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The gloves are off now....

What people seem not to understand is that for Israel the gloves have been off for years. I mean how do you respond to suicide bombing? Wave the Geneva Convention at them?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
The gloves are off now....

What people seem not to understand is that for Israel the gloves have been off for years. I mean how do you respond to suicide bombing? Wave the Geneva Convention at them?

because its not tec a war and they are stoping palistian becoming a state
and because of that the genevo convention is jack

and the palistinians dont even have any army to fight back for them

[edit on 12-10-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

None of our enemies live up to these agreements why should we?

Becuase it will just cause more harm than good (your usual chain reaciton of events), relations between countries will become even more strained (relationships are built on trust), you will be percieved as being just as bad as the terrorists. As a "super power" and the "leaders of the free world", you have the moral obligation to uphold these laws and to set an example to other countries that you are stubborn when it comes to giving up things such as human rights and the laws of war when the reason you are fighting the wars is to enforce the same types of principles onto the people your fighting. I thought you were fighting to uphold "freedom" and fairness. Its extremely hyprocritical.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
11! thats it?!?

To bad it wasn't more!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Terrorist- But abdul ,what of the Genvea convertion? Abdul, should we not abide by it.
terrorist #2- Oh you are right, by allah. We cannot strap our bodies with explosives and kill innocent children
terrorist #1- You are right by Allah. How could I be so blind?
Terroist #2- You are joking, right. I mean we can't just turn this plane around now, can we?

I seriously think this conversation never happened 30 minutes out of Logan .That is my non pc and sarcastic way of saying Tough #e! We should not disclose the location nor the specifics of any of our military goings on, let alone where we are harboring these people.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Question for those who are happy or support the non-disclosure of the detainees.

So just because of who they are you feel that we should sink as low as they? So we should now start to kidnap muslim clerics and leaders and behead them? Perhaps we should line up 10 or 15 children and shoot them in the head publicly just becasue they could potentialy grow up to be a terrorist. Ohh I know.. hows this for an orriginal idea... Lets gather up all of the muslims, plaistinians, Afgani, and anyone else who looks like they are from the middle east, put them in detention camps, do medical experiments on them, let them starve, and if there are too many then we can just herd them into rooms and set them all on fire. After all they are sub-human right?

Wraith

new topics

top topics

join