It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attacks in America over the last decade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The next time somebody I am with starts talking ignorant about terror attacks in America (specifically those who feel only people of middle-eastern decent are terrorists), I'd like to be able to memorize and ramble off all the terrorist attacks that have taken place in America over the last decade involving caucasian criminals.
If we could produce a list that would be helpful. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
you started the thread, so you make the god damn list.
people these days are so frickin lazy

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420smokiesmalls
you started the thread, so you make the god damn list.
people these days are so frickin lazy

I know some off the top of my head, but would like others' thoughts. Relax!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There have been a large number of terrorist outrages against – or involving – US citizens over the last few decades outside of the US. The vast majority have been perpetrated by Middle Eastern based terrorist organisations e.g. Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, Libya and others.

Within the US, I think there have been several, as follows:

1975 New York: Bomb killed 4 and claimed by a Puerto Rican nationalist group.
1993 New York: Bomb in basement garage of World Trade Center and 6 killed. Ramzi Yousef and co were convicted. He also did bombings/murders in other places and seemed to enjoy killing people.
1995 Oklahoma City: Car bomb. 168 people killed. Timothy McVeigh convicted. US “militia”.
2001 The 11 September atrocities: In New York and other sites. 2,992 people murdered. Islamic al-Qaeda terrorists. Some people think it was aliens that did it, others blame the Jews. I think it was a bunch of sad Islamists who placed littlke value on their own or other peopl'e lives.
2009 Arkansas: Abdulhakim Muhammed killed a soldier claiming it was a jihad attack.
2010 New York: Attempted car bombing and Faisal Shahzad found guilty.
2010 Florida: Someone tries to blow up a mosque.

Have I missed any.

Regards

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

The next time somebody I am with starts talking ignorant about terror attacks in America (specifically those who feel only people of middle-eastern decent are terrorists), I'd like to be able to memorize and ramble off all the terrorist attacks that have taken place in America over the last decade involving caucasian criminals.

1.) Nobody believes that only people of Middle-Eastern descent are terrorists.
2.) The Sikh shooter was called domestic terrorism, The Fort Hood deaths (MAJ Hassan Nidal) were listed as "workplace violence."
3.) Don't spend time with people who are "talking ignorant."
4.) Memorize some classical poetry instead, it will do you good.
5.) Keep your thoughts organized, don't "ramble off."

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think people need to review the word terrorist ....

The white house and the criminals in it...are terrorists and murderous criminals

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Unabomber
Nichols & McVeigh
The KKK

Domestic Terrorism in the US at Wiki serves as a good jumping-off point.

A few weeks ago, I decided to look into just how much has gone on since 9/11...for a slightly different reason...but I intended to make a list.
I didn't get to it, but I might.
If I do, I will share it with you either here or privately.

What I did learn, other than the fact that terrorism isn't the big monster we are encouraged to believe that it is...for the most part, not always, but usually...it seems to be the product of someone's frustration at NOT BEING HEARD about something that is very very important to them.

The textbook example is the story of Ted Kaczynski, aka the Unabomber.

In a nutshell (NO PUN intended! Seriously!):

In 1971, he moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water, in Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient.[3] He decided to start a bombing campaign after watching the wilderness around his home being destroyed by development.[3] From 1978 to 1995, Kaczynski sent 16 bombs to targets including universities and airlines, killing three people and injuring 23. Kaczynski sent a letter to The New York Times on April 24, 1995 and promised "to desist from terrorism" if the Times or the Washington Post published his manifesto, Industrial Society and Its Future (also called the "Unabomber Manifesto"), in which he argued that his bombings were extreme but necessary to attract attention to the erosion of human freedom necessitated by modern technologies requiring large-scale organization.

While the terrorist goes to extreme measures to be heard...the things about which they desire to be heard are really no different than the things that non-terrorist type people are concerned about. The only difference seems to be the extremism and the willingness to make others martyrs for the cause...becoming a martyr is one thing but forcefully making martyrs of strangers is reprehensible.

Maybe this is done in order to make the 'crying out' aspect louder than it might be, at least in the minds of the terrorist, if it were just their own death...not to mention that once they silence themselves...the cry goes silent.

In the US, we vehemently criticize the practice of suicide bombing...yet maybe the 9/11 attacks were the same cry through martyrdom, only taking it up a notch and martyring people that the US would mourn the loss of...compared to the virtual lack of regard for the individuals who die as suicide bombers...we rail against them and call them all sorts of names and condemn them as fools...maybe it just took the people that have not been raised to know that is our way here in the US a little longer to take the same route as domestic terrorists have been using already?

I don't know.
I'm somewhat speculating out loud and sharing it here...these things have been on my mind a lot lately.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm working on a bit of a list. It will be all incidents that were successfully carried out on US soil. Covering the past decade, 9/11 will be excluded and focus will be on 2002 onwards.

Thus far it looks like arson, carried out by Animal/Earth Liberation Front takes the lead in current domestic terrorist incidents within the US statistically.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yes, I think so. That was a surprise to me!
I am totally against animal cruelty...but terrorism?
How effective can that be?

*smh*

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Terror by/via the US government itself would top the list...and the list of incidents would be ENORMOUS..
Massive economic theft/fraud being the worst imo..
Did you know that the United states is at 5th place for human rights abuses in the WORLD and
Israel is 1st..
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.salon.com...
things to think about
edit on 1-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's one site that allows you to conduct an advanced search of incidents in the world. They don't seem to have kept the site up to date after 2010, but this list is fairly thorough and will show you all incidents in America between 2002 and 2010.

While researching these statistics, one thing I've noticed is that in recent years annual publications by the government covering this topic has made finding clear and complete numbers increasingly difficult; I attribute this to counterterrorism agencies simply not having much data to present. America does not have much of a terrorist problem, in other words.

Don't bother looking through Wikipedia if thoroughness is something you're interested in. They only highlight the few and far between "colorful" incidents covering the past decade, some of which were never classified as terrorism.

reply to post by queenannie38

Not very effective I don't think. They mean well, but obviously their methods of getting a message across are wrong.

I was surprised to learn what groups have made up the majority of incidents in US the past decade, too. I'm willing to bet the average American has never even heard of Animal/Earth Liberation Front, yet they remain the front runners.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
US flight schools train potential terrorists. It's almost 11 years passed since the WTC was destroyed and my company related to security issues decided to carry out an investigation to find out what changed in flight schools since that tragic event.
One of our employees has Arab origin and we made him fake ID where his name was changed to name of an Arab who is on FBI's list of potential terrorists. Next he entered the commercial flight school to get pilot's license. Honestly speaking, we were very surprised because no one checked carefully ID of our man while without permission from the TSA and other responsible authorities a foreign citizen is not allowed to take course. The same time American citizens that are in the list of people who is not allowed to aviate can take course without check... It comes out that a man with a fake ID or even real one with bad intensions can easily get pilot's license and highjack a plane. In such a way all security measures do not work and only create visibility of safety and mostly pointed at common citizens that are no real threat.
Far and by, it's up to you to put two and two together...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingl

I wonder what security is in place as far as hiring pilots for passenger aircraft? In companies such as Delta and Southwest.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The truth of the matter is, no matter how hard you try you can not come up with a legitimate list of serious incidents carried out by any Islamists or other outsider groups against America....But if you are interested of a list of America's involvements in terrorist activities around the world,i will be more than happy to provide you with a very long one. just how much time you got!...and a salute to all you guy's for not including the 911 in the list......Peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It depends on how one defines terrorism. I heard a news bit, where a mexican henchman was ordered to kill any black person. I would count that as terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join