It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the first Martian Life Form?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by yourmaker

Hey guys, again, not making a call but... I suggest finding an Earth rock that is oblong with a bulbous end, appears to be flexible in the middle, sports a multi-prong tail and two identical features, space evenly on the large area that look like holes of the same size.

Nature is cool and I love fossil hunting. but... the only way this passes for a rock is because of Curiosity's lack of megapixels on the mast. Lack of focusing ability and resolution could make a rock look like this but... aside from that, I call it damned odd... but, nothing more.

When I look at it with my peripherals I see what looks like a skull of like an Eel kind of. The face pointing left.

But again, I think very rationally with these types of things.

What was this 'thing' doing in it's moments leading up to it's death?
If it were millions of years old could it still be so in tact and on the surface?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Ooh ooh you missed the perfect pentagon to the right of the rock shrimp!!!! (Almost touching it)
So cool.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by redoubt

I still havent a clue what this is from MARS
Interesting image OP I DO think LIFE is up there right now..

edit on 8/13/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Where was this photo taken and where is a link to the original?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is a interesting image however. Although I have seen some other photos that look like aquatic fossils without further investigation and better higher quality images it is all speculation and paradolia.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"Feeeeed me, Seymor!"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Was an ATS original in past Mars threads I think, sorry what do you think of it though?

reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

edit on 8/13/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oh well, it's out there for anyone interested in more than guffaws and belly laughs.

I tried.

Don't sweat it, redoubt. There are a lot of members here, and some aren't willing to consider possibilities beyond the end of their nose.
It may very well be a rock, but I don't find the idea of it being a fossil so far out there, either. Thanks for posting it.
edit on 8/13/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Wow no wonder they picked this site!!!! It has it all. Pyramids,UFO,Turtles going at it
, and a rock shrimp.

edit on 13-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

Actually it was your tinsy 'UFO' that was the first thing I looked at in the OP's picture, a regular shape with a round hole in the middle, which had what looked like regular pinholes inside it. Now I see it in your Zoom, the pinholes look to be some kind of proofmark or watermark, or perhaps some layering procedure all over the pictures. I hope they will come better than that. It's enough to peruse funny looking rocks until your eyeballs fall out, without pesky dots all over the scene.

The same effect can be seen on the newest Moon pictures, except the dots are white, often inside and along crater rims, and darker areas when zoomed in, I had put that down to some kind of layering. We need to ask NASA, what that effect is, although I'm sure someone already has.

edit on 13-8-2012 by smurfy because: picture.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

Was thinking more like... shrimp or a scorpion?

Martian cat? Frog? Shrimp or scorpion? On Mars? How can you people say such things when it is clearly a baby Martian crocodile.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Martian cat? Frog? Shrimp or scorpion? On Mars? How can you people say such things when it is clearly a baby Martian crocodile.

Funny enough, that's the sort of thing NASA is looking for... well almost, they are looking for loose pebbles grouped together that might indicate a past movement of water, you get that, and you might just get a shrimp, or its fossil.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by jiggerj

Funny enough, that's the sort of thing NASA is looking for... well almost, they are looking for loose pebbles grouped together that might indicate a past movement of water, you get that, and you might just get a shrimp, or its fossil.

That's very true.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Are you saying that Curiosity killed the Martian cat?

Perhaps, but NASA's new vehicle "Satisfaction" is scheduled (in 2016) to bring it back.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Not sure what it is, a fossil or strangely eroded rock..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Are you saying that Curiosity killed the Martian cat?

Perhaps not, but Curiosity has clearly knocked the crapola out of it!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Not going to make a call on this... but thought it was worth a second look.

Not what your title states,

Could this have been a lifeform may have been better!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It is far too easy to see what the mind wants to see when the mind really wants to see it, take this pretty ordinary photo of Mars, nothing out of the ordinary until you start blowing it up, then you get MARTIAN BUNNY!!!

It's just a rock really though.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

But...but...but...it really is a... Killer Martian Bunny....

Des

edit on 14-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

The same effect can be seen on the newest Moon pictures, except the dots are white, often inside and along crater rims, and darker areas when zoomed in, I had put that down to some kind of layering. We need to ask NASA, what that effect is, although I'm sure someone already has.

edit on 13-8-2012 by smurfy because: picture.

Google Moon

Better to look here

LRO

Use the menu options on the left click search for option along top then click on an object of interest if the LRO has a close up image number is given, click on the image number and you are shown image like example below.

That small crater is on this image

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Above the shadow in the picture the small bright crater on the large crater rim!

edit on 14-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

crap dude you're too busy trying to prove a point about the rock looking like a bunny that you totally missed that AT-AT in the back ground!

does this mean we are in trouble with the empire?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The OP picture looks more like a turd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join