It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting breaks out near Texas A&M University; casualties reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Shooting breaks out near Texas A&M University; casualties reported

news.yahoo.com

Multiple people, including law enforcement officers, were shot on Monday after a gunman opened fire near Texas A&M University, police in College Station, Texas.

"We have multiple people who have been shot," police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told CNN, adding that law enforcement officers had also been shot.

The extent of the injuries was not immediately clear. According to the university's website, police had the shooting suspect in custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
edition.cnn.com
www.dailymail.co .uk

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So I don't know what to think of this yet. I think it is important that the suspect is in custody. The news here in Spain said the 2 police officers were confirmed dead about 5 minutes ago. I heard 2 police officers are either injured or dead from another channel. I am not sure.

The Suspect was using automatic weapons.

here is another article.

The early reports of a gunman near the campus of Texas A&M University in Houston say a shooter, now in custody, appeared to be firing from a house with automatic weapons, hitting at least two police. The local station KBTX reported that "scanner traffic indicates that at least two officers are down." We'll keep the news updated as reporters arrive on the scene.

and another

(CNN) -- Police took a man into custody Monday after "multiple people" were shot near Texas A&M University, a police official said.

Several law enforcement officers were among the people shot, Rhonda Seaton of the College Station Police Department told CNN. She didn't have information on how many people were shot or their conditions.

She said a person identified as the gunman was in custody. The shooting happened about one block from campus, Seaton said.

The university had warned people to stay away from the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive as well as part of Fidelity Drive in College Station, Texas.

and lastly this one

The university issued a warning on its website just before 12:30 p.m. Monday warning of an active shooter near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field.
'Avoid Area,' the alert said. 'CSPD reports an active shooter in the area immediately southeast of the intersection of Welborn Rd and George Bush Drive.

I think these sort of events will be on the rise. Lets see what the media has to say about it. I cant see these things just going away. People will make them take our guns away. Either way its a sad day for the US. More dead. More loss. More fear.

I think the best we can do is pray for all the families that are either mourning or worried.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it's already on the live page twice.. yours is the third. here's the first one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

ok.-----what ever. I searched and didn't find it. I don't care which is what. Then they should delete mine.
I get nervous when I hear about bad news from home. I didn't really look past that.

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Please continue your updates here" www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

top topics

join