It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD backup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello, I am looking for a program that will allow me to back up my DVD collection. I have a DVD rom drive and an external burner. Please email me or IM me on AOL muddy21waters to help. Thanks.

Doug

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I use DVD Shrink, available at most major download services. I allows you to back up precisely what you want, the tracks, subs, extras and all, and you can reauthor it, any way you like. It saves in VOB format, which you can then burn onto a DVD...

I choose to back my DVDs by encoding them in DivX with Dr.DivX (after usig DVD shrink), which allows a standard movie to be compressed (unnoticably) to about 800 Mb, depending on what you choose to include.

This way I have my favourite movies on my harddrive, which is pretty cool. If you install the appropiate codec you can use Windows Media Player to watch your DivX files.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
To "backup" your DVDs get a DVD Ripper like DVD Decrypter and then DVD Shrink to shrink it to fit a regular DVD. DVD Decrypter rips the VOB files onto your hard drive. That will be about 7gb. Then DVD Shrink makes it big enough to fit onto a Regular DVD that is 4.7gb. Then if you have Nero is interfaces nicely with DVD Shrink to allow burning of the VOB files onto the DVD, but if you dont any other DVD Burning software should work.

Tahts just how I do it....

new topics

join