It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Cell phone video taken by a "medic" neighbor. When he was given the go ahead, he treated the officer down until paramedics came and took over. Then, he switched over to treating the downed suspect.

Later, a reporter ( no source given and the link was such that it couldn't be copied) was interviewing the medic neighbor. At the end of the short video, she asked him (the medic) if he (the suspect being treated by the medic) had said anything.

Here's the webpage www.kbtx.com... and the video I'm talking about is the second one on the list titled "Shooter Speaks About His Experience" The KBTX webpage URLS notoriously disappear very quickly; so, this won't be there long.

"He asked me to tell the officer he was sorry"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

What is going on with the human race?

RESET, like many times before.

reset and start again. We do that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The hysteria surrounding this incident is obvioiusly manufactured. The necessary components for the media to blast it out there are the fact that they can mention a College Campus, leading the listener/viewer to believe it is a shooting on campus, a bold faced lie mind you, and the fact that a police officer was a victim. No disrespect to the officer mind you, however, were this a shooting of one or two gang members in LA or Chicago, or Miami, or any of hundreds of cities across the U.S. it wouldn't even have caused a ripple in the media.

Sensationalism at it's finest.

It's like air travel, quite safe, tremendously more safe than auto's. Sensationalism brings an airliner crash to the top news story even when the fact is that air travel is much safer than getting in your car each day.

Ridiculous I say!

So what say you, what would be the motive were it not to utilize these incidents to further an agenda? The sick and twisted minds are in the media, in the halls of Government, that is where they can be found.
edit on 14-8-2012 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
At first they said the male 'civilian' was 65, now he is 43? This article says he is 51 content.usatoday.com... why cant they get the age right?

35 year old shooter, 43 year old bystander, and 55 year old female bystander. Isn't that bit old for off campus housing? Strange that the media is not being specific with the eviction notice and instead trying to spin this to be on campus.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So reading through this thread, for the most part I see nothing but a bunch of hand wringing. For the love of God, no the world is not "going crazy".

Humans are, and always have been brutal creatures. Just sit there and think for a minute about times/places like the Inquisition, the Aztec empire during its decay....madness ensues when humans are stressed.

And when I say stressed, look at all the hand wringers here. You think they aren't stressed? Just hearing about something bad happening in a place hundreds of miles from them has them all "worried".

What makes me even more puzzled are the people who admit that the world sucks, and that it is a dangerous place, yet want to solve the problem by keeping me from having a gun to level the playing field a little.

People will always kill people. It won't change, at least not while you and I are alive. Insane people will kill even MORE people than sane people. If you see a rise in murders, perhaps that is where you look. And stop whining about how dangerous the world is. It always has been.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is a tragedy, but not quite the same as a guy going to a public place and shooting them up...they came to him and he just went off, still bad, but not a rampage. Just a desperate guy with a screw loose. But it will be enough for the average antigun person to add to the list. They are definitely trying to make it seem so bad the people will ask for some gun control, and there is alot of sheeple out there to go right along with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The thing is, I think a lot of people who are younger, haven't been around to see as much take place. Some people were children when 9/11 happened, and have little understanding about what the world was like before that. I cannot deny that our country has changed since 2002. I have been around long enough to see many terrorist attacks, but none that changed our laws so greatly. Times have seemed to get a bit darker since. Fear has been brainwashed into people, and it goes back to the terror level chart, implemented after 9/11. Look how they tried to use this, in order to create fear in people.

So what is different now? Well, I agree that there has always been killings in this world, and at some points in history, much more. But I think it's safe to say that the shootings have grown in numbers, as of late, this year. I for one believe we are being introduced a psyops in order to fear the masses into giving up their guns. As I have said before, if at first they don't succeed, try try again.

Some young people, tend to think things have gotten worse since their own childhoods, through the late 80's and 90's. Every generation tends to think and feel that way when something big happens.

My grandparents used to talk about how Pearl Harbor changed their lives forever, and how WWII brought them into some of the darkest times. Talk to the baby boomers, and they will tell you that for them it was Vietnam. Talk to some Gen X'ers, Y'ers, and they will say it was the Gulf Wars and 9/11.

Every generation has seen it's dark times, so I don't think that anyone is specifically mistaken about what they are experiencing here in 2012, wherever they are living in the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Cycles. It is all cyclic. Global warming....just a cycle of cooling and warming. Violence among humanity? Again a cycle, it comes and goes (and it tied to stress, as I mentioned before. I highly stressed people are more irrational and prone to acts of violence)

Before 911 it was a far better world. But before 911 the internet was barely alive, and hadn't changed the 24 hour news cycle into this all encompassing media bubble that we are seeing grow before our eyes. 911 brought about legal changes, for sure. And it brought us into all the wars that destroyed our economy. But the internets evolution has also had its impact.

Regardless, it isn't that humanity has gone to the dogs. It is that humanity never left the dogs. We just are good at pretending from time to time that we are civilized. Monkeys in suits.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is my take on the posting from the UK.

1. Although I do not trust anything written in the UK press, The Sun is just about at the bottom of the league, but above The Daily Star.

2. The Aurora and Sikh Temples shootings smell very fishy, and anything that happens afterwards is bound to attract the vultures from the MSM. I hate to say it, but I predict one spree shooting a week, just taken from a normal news week, and hyped up as another psychotic ex service patriot truther survivalist tea party member.

3. Members have posted about a general feeling of dread, but have we not had years of in-your-face wars, 2012/ End of the world predictions, global warming, and anything else the PTB want to throw in?
I think people are scared, and you have stories of innocent home owners having their doors kicked in and pet dogs shot because the police got the wrong address and people being arrested for filming the police beating their neighbours in the street. That is happening in the UK as well. The police don't like being filmed any more, even if it is completely legal.

All this adds up to unease and distrust. How many more bankrupt mortgage-holders are going to fight being evicted, and end up on the news being crucified?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by abeverage
Why does this seem like a count down to me...? if I see 2 public officials shot...I will start to worry!

I think we should worry now.

MEH...I worry enough!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Breaking news out of Texas A&M University about, sadly, another shooting incident. No news currently as to number of victims, perpetrators, or any other information.

We'll have to add this to the ever increasing list of runaway violence that seems to be occuring all around the country.
My prayers with those who are affected, will post more as the story develops.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I guess it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to blame the media atleast for 50% of all this jazz?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
this is very tragic. los siento texas. Does anyone know any informaciones para oy?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Read revelations, it clearly details what is happening.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The medic deserves high praise, there are still some good/kind people in the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Yes, that was one heckuva good neighbor, veteran, medic, human being.

Other:
Latest news is that the police killed the shooter. There had been questions whether he had commited suicide and if so, before or after being handcuffed. Just trivial information at this point.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Wow, this is shocking news..

What on earth is shocking about this?

There are 17,000 homicides in the US every year.

SOURCE: www.cdc.gov...

That means 17,000/365 = 46 per day, or 46/24 = 2 every hour

The only question is why did the US media "select" this particular homicide to make up the news of the day.

They had about 45 other homicides that very day they could have reported on, but didn't

The media is controlling us.

Feeding us what they want.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AlfonsoG

que dijo??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Wow, this is shocking news..

What on earth is shocking about this?

When something like this happens in your home town, a relatively crime free town, where shootings and homicides rarely occur; well, it's shocking. Add to that the early reports of multiple gunshot victims and hospitals being alerted to expect mass causalities. It's shocking. Maybe not to you, but to me it is.

Thanks for your opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Police Report released: www.kbtx.com...

They released a list of weapons found at the home which included an assault rifle SA vz. 58 7.62 mm and 3 other weapons. They did not say if the assault weapon was one of the ones used in the fight. I don't see any mention of which of the four were used.

Seems a civilian fired 5 shots at the suspect and missed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join