It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science explains the existence of God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Without a personal apotheosis, all who claim that God is real without any personal knowledge --- without a clear logic trail --- are just lying to themselves as well as others.

All who claim a God are also idol worshipping. They have just pasted their bible pages onto a golden calf. They think they have hidden the calf’s shape but it is still discernible under the manmade WORD of God. To have a Godinabook is to idol worship.

Most that follow a religion do not really follow it. They only follow tradition and cultures based on old tribal ways.

www.youtube.com...

Are you an idol worshipper or do you fall under the first link’s definition?

If not, give the logic trail to your God.

Regards
DL

P. S. Most will see this O P as an attack on those who believe. If you do, then you should know that I am not an atheist but call myself a Gnostic Christian and do believe in a Godhead. It is just not supernatural and is not immoral the way the bible God is portrayed to be.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Believing without knowing is worshiping an idol.
Do not make any idols or images of me, said God.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Try again

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hmmmm.... Well, I watched the videos except for the last one and I may get around to it but honestly, I dont really want to.

Why?

Because after the first two I began thinking about ALL that is said to exist that I cannot see nor detect via science/ instruments.

Really, its a snowball effect.... There is no way to prove one theory over another. There is no way to prove how many dimensions there are.... I could go on but you probably get where Im going with it.

When it boils down to what we know... What we can detect..... And what we can measure we are still in infancy stage with knowledge. Just my opinion. :-)

Eta: is the proof of the op in the last video because the other videos did not prove the existence of God other than a delusion of mental health and ritualistic behavior.
edit on 13-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Great post! I especially like the thumbs down part, very insightful. /sarcasm

As for the OP, I haven't watched the videos yet because I don't have the time right now, but I will have to agree with the idol worship part.

The idols most worship is not god as you say though, but Jesus/Muhammad/Krishna/etc., they are the false prophets that god speaks of throwing into the lake of fire along with the beast. It's funny how they discourage worshiping false prophets, yet they do not realize that's exactly what they are doing now.

All these false religions and false prophets are the reason we are in the 'lake of fire' as we speak, because most are content with sitting on their hands waiting for Jesus or whoever to come back and fix everything for them instead of being proactive about it themselves.

edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

All these false religions and false prophets are the reason we are in the 'lake of fire' as we speak, because most are content with sitting on their hands waiting for Jesus or whoever to come back and fix everything for them instead of being proactive about it themselves.

this is not the teaching of monotheistic religions and prophets. Moses withstood and ruined the Pharaoh. Jesus withstood against the Pharaohs(wrong leaders of judaism that had altered the Judaism), and the same is for Muhammed. so it means that we should withstand against the Pharaohs and the return of the Messiah is just the end, not the start of story !

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

this is not the teaching of monotheistic religions and prophets. Moses withstood and ruined the Pharaoh. Jesus withstood against the Pharaohs(wrong leaders of judaism that had altered the Judaism), and the same is for Muhammed. so it means that we should withstand against the Pharaohs and the return of the Messiah is just the end, not the start of story !

Um, Pharaohs were the kings of Egypt. Jesus never stood against them. If you think the Jewish leaders were Pharoahs based on a stylized notion, that means you are kind of Gnostic.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Science does explain the existence of God. Why don't you pray to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and ask him to show you how

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

No it doesn't.

Science is limited by methodological naturalism, its basis. That means that it not only has nothing to say about God (or anything supernatural), by definition, it CANNOT say anything about God.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It does if god is nature. Science learns something new about 'god' everyday, whether it be discovering a new star or discovering the Theory of Relativity like Einstein did.

There are lots of things that we know today that seemed supernatural 2,000 years ago, like gravity or what that big bright ball in the sky is and what it's made up of and how it got there. Everything was 'supernatural' before being understood by science.

Who are you to say science will never understand everything? We are learning something new everyday through science, and its progress isn't slowing down, it is speeding up faster and faster.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Dear adjensen,

Your statement is a fundamental truth, I see no way that it can be rejected. Thank you for posting it.

To the OP in general; if you think Science can explain the feeling inside upon hearing Handel's Messiah, that brought a King to his feet in awe; if you believe science can explain by formula your feelings upon seeing a loved one after a long absence; if you can look at the Pieta then refer to a scientific table to explain your emotions; then you are a man with no soul, or a dead one. Indeed, I think that a person like that would lose the privelege of being called human and would be confined for his illness.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It does if god is nature.
He isn't.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Says who?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Who are you to say science will never understand everything? We are learning something new everyday through science, and its progress isn't slowing down, it is speeding up faster and faster.

Where did you get that?

I said that science has nothing to say about God, because it CANNOT say anything about God. That's how it is defined -- it deals with the observable and measurable, nothing more. I'd question the sanity of any scientist who would say otherwise.

You're confusing Philosophical naturalism with Methodological naturalism -- the latter is science, the former is philosophy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You are correct, they cannot say anything about god... yet. That's what they're working towards now, explaining everything and how everything works. If science can not yet explain god, how can you? How can you say what he does or how he operates? How do you know he judges and has a places called heaven and hell waiting for us after death?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You are correct, they cannot say anything about god... yet.

No, you're misunderstanding what Methodological naturalism is -- it CANNOT, under any circumstances, say anything about supernatural phenomenon. It cannot, in fact, even say anything, as to the existence of anything supernatural, because, by its definition, it is "super natural", beyond the realm of the natural, which is where the limits of science end.

When we use science to disprove some supernatural claim, we do it, not by anything related to the supernatural, but by showing how it is done with natural methods. The "psychic", who can read minds, we don't disprove by showing some supernatural wavelength meter, and saying that there is no activity shown, but rather, we demonstrate the use of cold reading techniques or pre-knowledge of their subject, both natural phenomenon.

If God is, as you claim, "natural", then these criteria still stand, and we have to wonder why science hasn't found him long ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Because science is always progressing, it is many times more advanced than just 50 years ago, much less 2,000 years ago. That's why 'god' has not been understood yet, because we haven't come even close to science's pinnacle.

As I said, no one can say whether we will know everything some time in the future or not. Until we know everything and understand god, we cannot claim to know how it operates.

Lots of things were considered supernatural in the past that have been explained as natural with science. To say god is somehow supernatural is taking a huge leap in logic in my opinion.

By the way, it seems you are being much more even handed right now than usual, and I appreciate that. Hopefully you can keep it up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Lots of things were considered supernatural in the past that have been explained as natural with science. To say god is somehow supernatural is taking a huge leap in logic in my opinion.

Except that the supernatural doesn't progress into natural -- it just stays out of that realm, and the natural can't change to allow for the supernatural. On the science end (methodological naturalism,) that always remains the same, it's only the philosophical end that has some flexibility.

Which is a good thing -- who wants their science determined on the basis of fairies or ESP or other things that are beyond the natural? But philosophically... why limit the mind to that which can be sensed?

By the way, it seems you are being much more even handed right now than usual, and I appreciate that. Hopefully you can keep it up.

I'm always even-handed, the perspective just depends on where the arguments are on my spectrum.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Good question and I deserved it. (By the way, in your next life could you pick a name a little easier to type?)

Everybody I can think of off-hand, except maybe Wiccans, Pantheists, and whoever knows what Unitarian Universalists believe.

Christians, Jews, Muslims, would disagree. Besides if God is Nature, then who made nature, and what happens to God when the Universe dies it's heat death? But those are smaller points. Is God only nature? There is nothing outside of nature, nothing super-natural? Did God create Himself?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Think of it this way: if nature is god, it doesn't need creation, because it is the creator. The universe/multiverse was never created, it has always been, much like the god you believe in has always been. Our big bang was not the first big bang, it is only one along an infinite line of big bangs. Everything works in cycles, so why should the universe/multiverse be any different?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join