It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates of Iran.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by abeverage

I'm not sure they had padlocks, but on the humble naturalistic level it is more likely that it illustrated;

There was, furthermore, a warrior. His arm was bent, holding a lapis lazuli tablet in his hand, and he was setting down the plan of the house. The holy basket stood in front of me, the holy brick mould was ready and the fated brick was placed in the mould for me

ie... the Holy basket in which you placed your Holy rectangular brick.

Perhaps though our padlocks of today are symbolic of those figurines? Sort of like playing card suits have carried down over the centuries but most likely lost the meaning.
edit on 15-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I came across this site today with 181 photos of the Jiroft artifacts that hadn't previously appeared in searches;

www.omidvar.net...

A lot of the photos are of poor quality as they are taken through the glass museum cases, and watermarked, and i had seen quite a lot of the pieces previously in the better quality images, however there are a few worth posting and comment

This first shows a couple of our stargate/portals either side of a jug, set within a seemingly random swirling pattern, it's very surprising to see such formal elements in what one might take as the purely decorative swirls, rare to see such curious stylistic juxtoposition...order within chaos.

A second is the more formal architectural setting, this is interesting because it can be seen they had developed the cross motif within the centre of the stepped motif seen at the top level.

A third is again a cup with the portal motif set between two of the stepped mountain motifs, as seen on an example in the OP these have a standard or antenae, as you will, above them.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

"In popular Indian cosmography Mt. Sumeru a magnificient mountain of gold and gems shaped like a cup or the seed vessel of the lotus, was believed to form the centre of the world, where all the planets revolved around it." It is said that Meru has its roots in hell, and its summit in heaven. Meru is surrounded by seven rings of golden mountains, each separated from the other by one of seven circular oceans." ...seems that the ziggurat was but a depiction of this sub-dimensional mountain, from which enlil ( ' lord of the mountain ' ) was the ruler i ll follow the thread , thanks again

^That sounds like a Sumerian description of the planets. to them we are the 7th planet not the third because they count from outside in (including the moon). The 7 circular oceans that separate them would be the "empty" space between planets. As an earthbound primitive trying to explain the concept of other planets, referring to them as great mountains might be the closest metaphor we could imagine.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You all know Alexander the Great, the greatest of all Greeks? In the quran there are stories about his campaign against the Persian Empire. These stories talk about some Gates and how Alexander and his army sealed them in order to close inside, watch my words, inside the genus called Gog and the genus called Magog. But where Gog and Magog lived? They lived inside the Earth, the Hallow Earth, and the real name of the ones who beyond us is Nefelim!

As the quran writes these Gates where leading inside the Earth and they where created thousands of years ago in order to let Nefelims come to the surface? Nefelims appear in almost every civilization 's history. You can recognize them by the human body and the animal head they have or vise versa. Here are some of the most known Nefelims to you:

The egyptian "god" Anubis

Ra-egyptian "god"

Thoth-egyptian "god"

Set-egyptian "god"

For more information search the www. Nefelims are behind NWO, Nefelims are behind WW1 and WW2, they are behind the bank system they are behind every move we make.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Please join us tonight on ATS LIVE RADIO where we will be discussing this topic! Please visit THIS THREAD for the schedule of topics!

We would love to have you call in and voice your opinion regardless of what it is!

ATS Live Is Broadcasting * Today @ 9:00 PM EST

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Shame i couldn't make that but thanks for the interest...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This was highly entertaining to read. The human imagination will always never cease to amaze me. I've an honest question: With the advancements we have made in the realms of technology, why haven't Stargates been recreated?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This thread was interesting from the POV of taking it as pure fiction, I gotta hand it to the OP for being a very good, captivating story-teller in this right. However, I physically & mentally cringed for these Ancient people. OP, you've really done them an enormous disservice by butchering their culture & art and slapping it back together as "proof" of Stargates. It shows me you're unwilling to accept who they were and would rather rewrite everything to suit your beliefs.

Even Jack O'Neill (two L's) would smack you.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

No, you're wrong and seemingly unaware of the cosmological background to these early bronze age cultures and how this translated into their afterlife cults.

It's well attested, for Sumeria, that they conjectured a system of three gateways across the East-West horizon, located at the Summer/Winter solstice points, and due East/West for the equinox. These axis across the horizon, or paths of Enlil, Anu and Enki are not contentious in Sumerian studies, and what i have demonstrated through the evidence of the grave goods of Jiroft is that the same thought system prevailed there and in proto-Elamite culture.

Here are a couple more examples, the picture quality is not so great, but what one sees is the triple axis system below, symbolised by trees as was commonly the case, and below that a representation of the bull of Heaven either side of a singular serpentine axis, the serpent being the means of transition along the 'tree' axis.

Far from 'butchering' their belief system i have taken an interest in understanding it through their iconography. If you wish to seriously counter what i have suggested you're going to have to do a whole lot better than simply stating you don't like or agree with it, the best academic sources won't help you much as they're going to be in agreement with me...

What i did put forward, in terms of speculation, is to consider the origins of this thought system itself, what it could lend itself toward in terms of higher levels of interpretation, but the belief systems themselves i didn't misrepresent.

reply to post by SepticSceptic

Perhaps the future and the past will be realised in the same instance.

edit on 20-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: Add

edit on 20-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSceptic
This was highly entertaining to read. The human imagination will always never cease to amaze me. I've an honest question: With the advancements we have made in the realms of technology, why haven't Stargates been recreated?

These stargates were never "created" but areas of the earth at that point where a rip in the space time fabric were "marked" by the gates.
Our ancient ancestors discovered these portals. The strain of gravity focusing on the center of our hollow planet have ripped the fabric of space time at various locations. These older locations may now be dead but there are others elsewhere.
Back then mankind communicated with the spirit realm and obtained knowledge from the plants and other inhabitants of this planet. Back then we were more in touch with the other realm and not bombarded by the crippling powers that exist today, forcing our psyche into a homogenized and tame existence.
It would take a rare, isolated and pure person to even get close to finding things like this today.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It sounds good, but I have a hard time believing in them. Keep an open mind I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Earp111

No harm in that, one thing of furthur interest that can be added to the thread is that in terms of pushing back the date for this gate icongraphy to circa 6,000 Bc, is that the motif appeared on a Tell Brak eye figurine from Northern Syria....seen below top right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ha Ha ... Now i know why Israel & US are so desperate to Attack & Invade Iran ...

A very nice thread ... Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

your thread is like a museum, thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristwins
You all know Alexander the Great, the greatest of all Greeks? In the quran there are stories about his campaign against the Persian Empire.

Dhul Qarnayn in Quran is the same Dhul Qarnayn (tho horned) in Bible,Daniel,8:20. I know that even wikipedeia saya that Alexander the great is in Quran ! but it is an odd mistake. that is not Alexander the great but it is Cyrus the great. Cyrus would live far before Alexander and he was monotheist and he was zoroastrian. so Cyrus would worship the only God !
edit on 7-9-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Hey Kantz! Check it out. I found your motif! I am not #ting you, sure they took some artistic liberties, but,... It just means that the wizard is in charge. Do you think you can just trust the wizard?

Do you think its pointing up at the stars?
You know who also points up to the stars a lot? These guys... and Da Vinci:

WASHINGTON

One guy says "They are up there" The other replies "They came down here"

Lion Da Vinci

edit on 20-9-2012 by NJoyZ because: Image repair

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

To be honest when i see the singular fnger pointing upward i think more in terms of a Monotheistic gesture regarding the Oneness, however, the cult most noted for the use of the hand as its most sacred symbol was that of Jovis Sabazios;

Gnaeus Cornelius Hispalus, praetor peregrinus in the year of the consulate of Marcus Popilius Laenas and Lucius Calpurnius, ordered the astrologers by an edict to leave Rome and Italy within ten days, since by a fallacious interpretation of the stars they perturbed fickle and silly minds, thereby making profit out of their lies. The same praetor compelled the Jews, who attempted to infect the Roman custom with the cult of Jupiter Sabazius, to return to their homes

en.wikipedia.org...

The gestures are intriguing perhaps it might be interesting to make the connection between mystical groups of the renaissance and the Hypsistarians through to Masonic thought.

...I have found no confession of faith to which I could ally myself without reservation. Now in my old age, however, I have learned of a sect, the Hypsistarians, who, hemmed in between heathens, Jews and Christians, declared that they would treasure, admire, and honour the best, the most perfect that might come to their knowledge, and inasmuch as it must have a close connection to the Godhead, pay it reverence. A joyous light thus beamed at me suddenly out of a dark age, for I had the feeling that all my life I had been aspiring to qualify as a Hypsistarian. That, however, is no small task, for how does one, in the limitations of one's individuality, come to know what is most excellent

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join