It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Very interesting.

You know, after the first large order, I just couldn't believe or accept the implications. If this is true, wow, just wow.

Looks like we may have to water the tree of liberty again.

Maybe a new regime in the WH can stop this, God I hope so.

Also, whether intended or not, this will affect supply and price of ammo for citizens.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Do you really think, with that 60-day business on the orders (putting delivery in mid-October) that there will be another election? Seems someone is planning what a lot of us here said would be planned before the last election! Add to that the inordinate number of shootings lately, and all the racial unrest he's fomenting, and you have a recipe for martial law.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I could see some practice rounds, but come on, that many?? 3 million a year for 50 rounds per person. they have, between previous orders and this, 12 HUNDRED MILLION. that's a LOT for training. you don't train that often.

I have to add some more information to this.

In Kuwait, we had thousands of armored vehicles, mine-resistant, that were not needed in Iraq, and were sent back to the states, along with all that was used (all of which was refurbished by civilians). So, where are all of those now? The military is being gutted. They aren't assigned to units in garrison, but are in "holding yards" somewhere, but the military guys don't even know where.

Russia (Spetznatz) and China have also had a lot of troops here, in the United States, training in "civil defense" and "anti-terrorism" training exercises. This information I KNOW is accurate. It's certain that other nations have also had people training here, but I can't say which ones.

So, insane ammo purchases by all departments (not just DHS and ICE, but Forestry, NOAA, SSA, etc), guns for the Dept of Education and IRS, DHS armored vehicles (and they have others, too - some seen by people I know personally), interstates being set up to be blocked (SEEN some of that personally, and can offer pics), many rumors of camps, military vehicles vanishing from their units; added together, that is a LOT to shrug off.

It was discussed on this site how many suspected that, if elected, someone would not allow a second election, and would remain in office by force. Ammo orders due in mid-October.....

Gonna be a very "interesting" Fall!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by seeker1963

Maybe they will stage something like Katrina (with gun confiscation) and use the rounds for "training" to stop, search and shoot citizens, if necessary.

Good point. Add that to my previous list! Plus, if I am not mistaken here, it was Guard troops in NO after Katrina. The regular military (active duty) is being cut way back, but the Guard doesn't seem to be. Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
These so-called "orders" for guns and ammo are nothing more or less than pure BS.........This is a military dictatorship you are living in and they damn well are highly secretive about ALL OF THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIONS. You know ONLY what they want you to know - so rest assured that all of these supposed "ORDERS" for bombs, guns and ammo (and whatever else) are part of a larger psy-op propaganda operation..........and don't dare ask me to prove what I know to be true. I worked hard for that info and I'll be damned if i am going to reveal it to skeptics and non-believers.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell/edit

Never mind proof, but what sort of operation? With what goals? If the point was to cause people to panic, and perhaps revolt, then they would, in fact, need such ammo, making the orders real. Not sure what you are getting at here.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
since the conception of this site.. nothing dramatic has happened. yet the conspiratorial minds still
concoct their own twists of reality.
IF and when the "SHTF" we will know it to be fact.. Good luck with your fears
Its just a bullet purchase
edit on 20-8-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I came across this yesterday:

www.activistpost.com...

Are they preparing for martial law this year? Some witnesses are claiming that there were Russian troops that started several fires in Colorado a couple months ago, including in Colorado City. Remember that massive fire?

I have no idea how legit Activist Post is, though, and I don't have much knowledge when it comes to military and weapons. Buying tons of rounds of ammo sounds alittle scary, though.

Can someone look at this link and tell me what they think?

Well, as I stated in another response, we have had both Russian (Spetznatz) and Chinese troops training in this country, alongside ours, in "anti-terrorism" training. That, I am certain of. So it is very possible that people saw these troops in various places. I can also say that civilian trucks are frequently used to move military equipment, though I have to add that there is often no real reason that anyone military knows for said equipment to be shuttled back and forth as it is. Maybe to simply be sure that all stay trained in the procedures (the military does do drills in transporting stuff). Heck, maybe to generate a job for a driver, though being sure the capabilities are there isn't necessarily a sign of something nefarious. Never heard of that site, either, so I can't say how reliable they are. That bit about the weapon in the food truck, and the directions in case of "civil unrest" are interesting, if true.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnosal

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Somewhere above 220,000 employees fall under the purview of DHS. Some are going to be support and admin of course, but a billion rounds is only about 4,000 rounds per employee. (corrected math)

Say only 25% of the employee force has to qualify with weapons, that is still 60,000 people. 50 rounds of practice per year per person, and about 10 in a magazine to carry on duty, and you have a need for 600,000 hollow points, and 3 million practice rounds each year. Hopefully the ones that really are in the mix are shooting a lot more than 50 rounds of training per year, so the numbers published seem just about right.

As far as hollow points being banned by the Geneva Convention.... that was a stupid move. We use hollow points because it gives more knockdown power and less chance of pass-through to unintended targets. A practice round would actually be MORE DANGEROUS in a LEO or domestic situation, because you might hit someone behind your intended target, or ricochet and hit just about anyone. I use an "extreme frangible" in my carry guns, because it is even more dangerous to the intended target, and less dangerous to everyone else. Air Marshall's supposedly use something similar to avoid damaging an airplane if they have to fire it onboard.

edit on 13-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

You were correct before.

These ammunitions are never meant to be used by US military/DHS against US citizens. They are to be used by a foreign occupying force (NATO) on behalf of the US governement, due to the inability of US military personnel to fire against US citizens.

It is the preparring that DHS and FEMA are responsible for, neither orginization will be the ones in possession of these items, or executing any portion of plan once martial law is enacted and NATO troops begin the occupation of the US.

Cut of the cities (isolation), then control the food. It is not hard with a foreign occupation force that has 30,000 UAVs at their disposal, millions of cameras in city intersections for monitoring, and a US freeway system designed to aid martial law scenarios (only a couple ways to get from city to city).

God Bless,

Thanks for getting the numbers for us. I can now agree that they are most likely not ordering these bullets to harm the American people.

From my math, we are looking at 1,200,000,000 rounds, between the previous order and the current one. 750 million on the current, 540 million already received, right? 220,000 DHS employees, and that many rounds, works out, by simple division, to 54,545.45~ per person. That's a LOT of ammo, and way more than needed for training. If only 25% of those are actually using the ammo, and they qualified twice a year (which is as much as military people do), that's still too much. That is handgun ammo, not rifle. 50 rounds is about right for that. So, 100 rounds a year to qualify, times 60,000 people, is six million rounds. More to carry on duty, of course, are needed, and let's assume some are fired. Heck, be generous, and say they are using the same number a year (which they aren't), and that would still only be 12 million. They have ordered a hundred times more than they would need. NO WAY that is for training, and that doesn't count all the rounds ordered by other government agencies, that should not even have a need to carry a gun, like forestry people, weather guys, tax men, etc.

Now, I am told that 60 rounds would be more likely to qualify, but hat is still not this many. That would only be 7,200,000 for training a year. They have ordered 12 HUNDRED MILLION. That's a billion, 200 mil. Those numbers don't add up. Do appreciate them, just don't agree with the conclusions. That much ammo is enough for a large scale war. Since when is DHS a war machine? They are supposed to be anti-terrorism. Sorry, but 1,200,000,000 rounds is way more than needed for that stated purpose. I just can't buy that.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
.357 that shoots thru walls?

Wow, glad they didn't order the 88. That shoots thru schools.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
That's a LOT of ammo, and way more than needed for training.

Really? And you're basing this on what, your years as a firearm instructor? In some training courses, you'll burn thru 1000+ rounds of ammo.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
NO WAY that is for training, and that doesn't count all the rounds ordered by other government agencies, that should not even have a need to carry a gun, like forestry people, weather guys, tax men, etc.

Once again, are you basing your opinions on your experience? Most government agencies have their own law enforcement section. That includes Weather, Forestry, etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Retired Major General Jerry Curry wrote Friday:

Why Are Domestic Government Agencies Purchashing Enough Lethal Ammunition to Put 5 Rounds In Every American?

This article gives the best and most concisely written overview on the subject to date.

Lets ask ourselves - Is all of this about "An End-Run Around the Constitution?"
The article goes into it - (opening paragraph(s) below:

Preface: There might be an innocent explanation. But given recent trends, this is worrisome.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) confirms that it is purchasing 174 thousand rounds of hollow point bullets to be delivered to 41 locations in major cities across the U.S.

Those against whom the hollow point bullets are to be used — those causing the civil unrest — must be American citizens; since the SSA has never been used overseas to help foreign countries maintain control of their citizens.

What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can’t simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body’s organs. Death often follows.

If this were only a one time order of ammunition, it could easily be dismissed. But there is a pattern here. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has ordered 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition. Notice that all of these purchases are for the lethal hollow nose bullets. These bullets are not being purchased and stored for squirrel or coyote hunting. This is serious ammunition manufactured to be used for serious purposes.

edit on 21-8-2012 by de_Genova because: added ext. text

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hmmm, Greece is on the verge of collapse,
I keep hearing a financial shutdown in the US may be the reason for preparations
here by the DHS, SS office, and NOAA. guess we will see...
Also have heard whatever happens will be just before the elections, keeping Obama in office..
that alone would cause civil unrest as almost every person ive spoken with wants him out off office

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

Do the math. 174000 divided by 41 then divide by however many people you think work at those locations. It will take a hell of a lot more than that to be any threat to the American people.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Beginning five months before
Obama was sworn into office,
American civilians began purchasing
1.5 billion rounds of ammunition per month.

Most of this ammunition is in
the hands of private citizens.

1.5 billion rounds times 48 months equals 75 billion rounds.

1.2 billion rounds the government bought it
would take them five or six years to catch up.
Not to worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join