It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Only about 25% of the rounds ordered were dictated to be hollow points, so those are probably for actual carry and duty. The other rounds can be hollow point, but don't have to be, it is up to the vendor bidding for the contracts. If they have plenty of hollow points to sell cheaply enough to bid with those, then fine.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
The police and military go to work everyday just like the rest of us to collect a paycheck. In SHTF situation money will have very little value quickly and it will be a very short time before the troops side with the populace and decide "NOW" is the right time to start the construction of a new government to replace a corupt one we have now. Their push to take it all will backfire and they will lose everything all at once.

The final show will be for the people not the governemnt.

I have a real problem with that argument sometimes because, as we've seen, power corrupts. New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina is a picture-perfect example of power vs. the powerless. The victims were immediately classified as "animals" and those "too stupid to get out in time." The mindset became "they get what they deserve" and "I'm an official with a gun, and you're not, so I am superior." There is a long history of being able to turn on your fellow man once you dehumanize them in your eyes.

Take the Stanford Prison Guard Experiment (en.wikipedia.org...) for instance. It doesn't take long for things to degrade to that kind of level. As they say, a person is smart, but people are stupid. Desperate folks in desperate situations act in insane ways, and those with a little power and a little authority are conditioned to react. Herd mentality vs orders easily followed in situations where there is no time to think. Yes, you'll have your share of defectors and those who run AWOL, but the vast majority will be convinced that what they are doing is right long enough that most "troublemakers" are dispatched and "order" is restored... meaning that the boot will firmly be placed on the neck long enough for control (restriction of movement, distribution of necessities like food and water, and the control of media and information) to be in place. From there, it's just a matter of wiping out pockets of resistance, to be labled "terrorists" and "anarchists."

It won't be as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Even those who don't think they are sheep will be easily corralled and herded into the pens.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I think we are both right...

The way people handle and conduct themselves during a crisis has other factors that could make both of us correct. We also have to consider that people in a rural town of Texas will not act the same as a crowd in suburban New Orleans. I do understand that we all have a survial instict and each will react similar in a situation when confronted with life and death but... your skill set, age, preparation, up bringing and location for example will play a huge role in how the populace reacts to an emergency situation.

Also their is a huge difference between crisis intervention and full blown Martial Law or gun seizure.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyThe military will side with the uprising after a few weeks when they realize the government is corrupt.

I don't think so, Tim.

If the go back on their squad/command/government, say bye-bye to their pay-cheque. Times are tough and no one is going to want to lose their job.

Hmm, I can see one reason why this may not be true. If the dollar collapses thier paycheck will be worthless. It will be corporate mercs that will be paid in gold backed currency that will do the damage. Like blackwater or whatever they are called these days. ...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How is this some sort of sign they're preparing for an all out war with citizens?

That statement alone is laughable.

Fearmongering much? Paranoid much?

Take a step back and actual think about what you're proposing...it's not going to happen. If it does it will be between small militias, not an entire populace. How ridiculous! I'm going to go outside enjoy my day and not worry about crackpot theories. Sorry OP, I'm not flaming you...just the idea that's being presented.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why would you need over a billion rounds for "target practice"? Why does something of this severity not raise any levels and why do you not see any coverage of this is the mainstream media?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Somewhere above 220,000 employees fall under the purview of DHS. Some are going to be support and admin of course, but a billion rounds is only about 4,000 rounds per employee. (corrected math)

Say only 25% of the employee force has to qualify with weapons, that is still 60,000 people. 50 rounds of practice per year per person, and about 10 in a magazine to carry on duty, and you have a need for 600,000 hollow points, and 3 million practice rounds each year. Hopefully the ones that really are in the mix are shooting a lot more than 50 rounds of training per year, so the numbers published seem just about right.

As far as hollow points being banned by the Geneva Convention.... that was a stupid move. We use hollow points because it gives more knockdown power and less chance of pass-through to unintended targets. A practice round would actually be MORE DANGEROUS in a LEO or domestic situation, because you might hit someone behind your intended target, or ricochet and hit just about anyone. I use an "extreme frangible" in my carry guns, because it is even more dangerous to the intended target, and less dangerous to everyone else. Air Marshall's supposedly use something similar to avoid damaging an airplane if they have to fire it onboard.

edit on 13-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

You were correct before.

These ammunitions are never meant to be used by US military/DHS against US citizens. They are to be used by a foreign occupying force (NATO) on behalf of the US governement, due to the inability of US military personnel to fire against US citizens.

It is the preparring that DHS and FEMA are responsible for, neither orginization will be the ones in possession of these items, or executing any portion of plan once martial law is enacted and NATO troops begin the occupation of the US.

Cut of the cities (isolation), then control the food. It is not hard with a foreign occupation force that has 30,000 UAVs at their disposal, millions of cameras in city intersections for monitoring, and a US freeway system designed to aid martial law scenarios (only a couple ways to get from city to city).

God Bless,

Thanks for getting the numbers for us. I can now agree that they are most likely not ordering these bullets to harm the American people.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

No its because US Forest Ranger and Police carry side arms.

Do you realize how many federal agents, police, and corrections officers carry side arms, and they are all under the DHS now all this ammo will be used not only for training but to give to the officers and agents in the field if they actually need them.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Yes i knew that the Forest Rangers (US Forest Service) carries side arms, They also ordered (from the previous 450 million order) large quantities of not only .40 sw (handgun) but also 5.56 (rifle) and 12 ga (shotgun). The order per se is not surprising (like the recent Weather Service order) but the quantities for the total in DHS are staggering. Speaking of the Forest Service where you previously aware that the military (presumably in joint operation with the FS but I am not sure) has conducted training exercises in Colorado (in 2011 as I recall) to rid out pockets of patriots/domestic terrorists who fled to the safety of the national parks after a general collapse?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
HERE'S MORE BS

Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets

FIRST FEW PARAGRAPHS

First it was the Department of Homeland Security, then it was the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and now the Social Security Administration is set to purchase 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets that will be delivered to 41 locations across the country. A solicitation posted by the SSA on the FedBizOpps website asks for contractors to supply 174,000 rounds of “.357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition.”

An online ammunition retailer describes the bullets as suitable “for peak performance rivaling and sometimes surpassing handloads in many guns,” noting that the ammo is “a great personal defense bullet.”

The synopsis to the solicitation adds that the ammunition is to be shipped to 41 locations within 60 days of purchase. A separate spreadsheet lists those locations, which include the Social Security headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland as well as major cities across the country including Los Angeles, Detroit, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Seattle.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From Bob Livingston (Liberty Alert):

DHS is also in the market for large quantities of high-density ammonium nitrate and A-5 flake RDX.

Ammonium nitrate was used in the false flag Alfred P. Murrah Building bombing on April 19, 1995. Ammonium nitrate, a fertilizer, requires a boosting agent to make it explode. Racing fuel was used in Oklahoma City. A-5 flake RDX is a boosting agent fare more explosive than racing fuel.

DHS says the fertilizer and RDX are for training dogs. That’s a lot of dogs.

Something’s afoot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. I can buy the notion that the Forestry Service needs guns and ammo...after all there are bears in them thar woods! But the Weather Service and the Social Security Administration?? What are they expecting a civil war where there is an attempt to storm all federal government offices? Surprisingly the BATFE hasnt armed itself with arsenals yet (at least that would be more credible). But what of the large orders for ammonium nitrate and high grade boosting agents? Are they trying to take materials off the market so domestic terrorists wont have access (if so, then why not buy up racing fuel also)? Or is some shadow government group working under the DHS planning massive false flag attacks to create chaos and blame on domestic terrorists? OR maybe the drought has been so bad that they are going to plant corn on government property? That one does stretch credulity tho.

edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Regarding the OP topic, as well as the recent revelations regarding ammunition orders by NOAA and SSA, I have a couple of questions that need to be answered before I get into full-scale "concern" mode.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I think it bears repeating.... if for nothing else, to ferret out some information and background.

I think the big deal comes into play if these orders (both quantity as well as round type - hollow pt vs fmj) are out of the ordinary. Right now, they seem to be very alarming, with departments not normally thought of as armed and actively training, and seemingly enormous amounts. But if this is a standard yearly, or every-other-year order, then no big deal... just sensationalizing something out of context.

In all of these posts and linked articles, I've yet to see someone come up with any research to show if these orders are withing the range of "normal" or not. While I'm leaning towards thoughts of "uh oh, something's afoot" I'd be interested to see some data that would keep me off the ledge here.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Social Security Adminsistration aims to buy 174,000 rounds of .357 sig JHP. Does SSA also have a law enforcement branch?? Or are they prepping for unrest come November also. I know how many rounds are needed for training etc etc. But now it's the SSA. Perhaps they will need to safeguard the offices in the event of disruption.

www.infowars.com...

and so it goes. We should all be ready for multiple "October Surprises" both foreign and domestic. I just take simple clues from Obama and how they are running his campaign right now. One word comes to mind. Reckless. What happens when the gilded one (Obama) no longer gives a snip about election results????

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I read on Infowars that they have redacted the order and submitted it with quantity portions blacked out ("classified") for security reasons after the backlash over the large order (where besides ATS and Infowars?).
They published an article that also said that standard competitive bidding was suspended due to the "urgency" of the request.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I read on Infowars that they have redacted the order and submitted it with quantity portions blacked out ("classified") for security reasons after the backlash over the large order (where besides ATS and Infowars?).
They published an article that also said that standard competitive bidding was suspended due to the "urgency" of the request.

Actually, according to the article, the redacted order is a NEW one... Not the previous two that totaled around a million rounds.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The idea that this anything other than a normal acquisition for ammunition is nothing more than people fear mongering.

They are training rounds people, with a small order of rounds for them to carry with their duty pistols nothing else.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This should blow your mind....

www.blacklistednews.com...

They are now classifying the purchases!!!! It's not about EQ's...it's about the economic collasp!!! People are going to start dying because they won't be able to buy their medication or heat or food!!! This is scarey and I don't scare easy!!!

I think anyone in here touting the ammo for training...noooooooooooooo you don't buy wall penetrating rounds and huggggee amounts at that. Organ shattering hollow point!!! Noooooooooo for anyone that doesn't see this as a red flag has got to be a government troll!!! If it was just excersize....the amounts wouldn't have gone up...and all..ALL the Angenies ordering at the same time??? Noooooooooooooooo not for training!!!!!!!
edit on 16-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

www.infowars.com

Fears that federal authorities are preparing for mass civil unrest have increased after it was revealed that the Department of Homeland Security is planning to buy a further 750 million rounds of ammo in addition to the 450 million rounds of hollow point bullets already purchased earlier this year.

A solicitation originally issued by the DHS in April but updated on Friday calls on suppliers to provide a plethora of different types of ammunition, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.

The PDF file for the solicitation lists the different units of ammo required by the t
(visit the link for the full news article)

750 million....+450 million.....that's 12000 MILLION rounds. EGADS! According to my soldier husband, "That's enough for a war!"

That is NOT training ammo. Wasn't the entire point of DHS that they worked with existing agencies, like law enforcement, etc? Why do they need that much ammo for anything? They planning on taking over? Welcome to fascism.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

The cover for the big order is that this is for "training" but a) you dont need hollow points for training (they are designed for maximum human stopping power not cutting thru paper targets), and b) the quantity of the order which is in addition to 700 million rounds over the last year or so (over 1.4 Billion total now) suggests that they are preparing for civil war against the american people. I would imagine that there will be a final order for over 1 bilion rounds and then a defecation storm will be imminent. Comments, reactions or other thoughts???

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Interesting, combine with this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting! According to my hubby (combat trained), that looks like a mine-resistant vehicle. Nice find (and yeah, will share that comment in that thread, too!). He has seen DHS vehicles where we live, and a friend saw them in another state. Not armored, just SUV-type, but why!? NO reason for anything like that here. Quiet, low crime college-town atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
does anyone have the last few years of records to see if what is being purchased is really anything to be concerned with? though I will say, the Social security office and NOAA employees requiring guns, ammo and training is a little concerning

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join