It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Ooooh, Alex Jones article. Even if it was true (and i doubt it), not a blooming thing you could do, so why care? If anything theyre probably preparing for the bottom to fall out of the country when all the nutjobs who believe in this 12-21-12 Mayan b.s. start baying at the moon and eating people's faces off while getting hopped up on "bathsalts" (if you believe that too).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Ooooh, Alex Jones article. Even if it was true (and i doubt it), not a blooming thing you could do, so why care? If anything theyre probably preparing for the bottom to fall out of the country when all the nutjobs who believe in this 12-21-12 Mayan b.s. start baying at the moon and eating people's faces off while getting hopped up on "bathsalts" (if you believe that too).

Well, believe it. I've seen it with my own eyes. 50K+ Centerfire Ammo rounds coming in at the dock where I work. A mind so closed the brain collapses in on itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Not sure if this angle has been mentioned yet...

I'm not worried about some sort of full scale assault coming from the DHS. They don't have enough people to make quick use of that many rounds.

What does seem potentially worrying, is that they are ordering this many rounds right now, because they know/think that in the near future they won't be able to purchase anymore. Meaning full scale economic collapse, power grid shutting down, something along those lines that would destroy the ability to manufacture ammo at any high levels.

That's what came to mind for me. Not really thinking even this is likely, but seems more likely than DHS pulling a rambo on the whole of America.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As per my earlier post (above) More evidence of a BS psy-op propaganda scam.................. here

National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo? That’s the question many are asking after the federal agency followed in the footsteps of the Department of Homeland Security in putting out a solicitation for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I came across this yesterday:

www.activistpost.com...

Are they preparing for martial law this year? Some witnesses are claiming that there were Russian troops that started several fires in Colorado a couple months ago, including in Colorado City. Remember that massive fire?

I have no idea how legit Activist Post is, though, and I don't have much knowledge when it comes to military and weapons. Buying tons of rounds of ammo sounds alittle scary, though.

Can someone look at this link and tell me what they think?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The police and military go to work everyday just like the rest of us to collect a paycheck. In SHTF situation money will have very little value quickly and it will be a very short time before the troops side with the populace and decide "NOW" is the right time to start the construction of a new government to replace a corupt one we have now. Their push to take it all will backfire and they will lose everything all at once.

The final show will be for the people not the governemnt.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I've bought quite a few thousand rounds since the year began..... Are you to assume I'm going on a shooting spree soon?

Let me reply with a question;

What DID you buy the ammo for? For NOT using it?
Are you making art from bullets? Building a miniature doll house out of bullets for your daughter?

You buy them because you are going to USE them, unless you can give me a nice reason why you would need those bullets? To be prepared? Prepared for what actually? For the zombie apocalypse, or an impending flood of burglars and looters?

Point being, YOU do not buy ammo for no reason, nor does anyone else, nor does the government.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

I think we buy it for all those reasons. I have a couple of friends that buy 1000 rounds of each caliber they use with every paycheck. That might be 5000 rounds every 2 weeks. It builds up in their closet for awhile, and then sometimes they go shoot a few thousand rounds. We buy it because we have the spare money, and we know we'll use it eventually, or we buy it because we're running low at the time, or we buy it for a specific trip to the range, or we buy it just to have for emergencies.

The government is no different. Perhaps they got the funding, and they need to spend it, perhaps they do see a martial law scenario at election time, perhaps they just need to get more training at the range, who knows.

The point is that it is not a clue to any kind of nefarious intention any more than my buddies hoarding of ammunition is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm fine with people going "they will not be used for civl unrest lololol", however, I would love to hear from them; What are they going to be used for then??? If you ridicule one possible explanation, but fail to mention what YOU think they will be used for, you really shouldn't be loud mouthing in this thread, either you use reason to explain you view on things, or you stfu, nobody needs a bunch of smartasses going "oh here the nutjobs go again" while those same people fail to give a reason who the US needs a billion FMJ bullets. It's clearly not for practice, so, please elaborate?

Edit: took me a while to write this post so only now did I see the above reply;
At least you admit they could be prepared for something, which is a lot more than the people mocking the idea. So I guess I can agree with you, yes, there are people who stock up on ammo for the reasons you list, however, an individual stocking up on a couple of thousands of bullets is, to me, something wholly different than a government buying a billion, for no apparent reason.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Talks about "Mayan bs"
Has Christianity all over his sig

Can you define "Mayan bs" please? Are you talking about the lies that have been spread to the masses, about an inevitable "end of the world"? Good, I agree it's bs, however, next time, please specify a little bit. Like saying the 9/11 conspiracy is bs, the official one is a conspiracy too, so you're throwing out the baby with the bathwater, which doesn't really make you come across as intelligent.

OR; are you talking about the theory that to them, it was the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one?
If you are talking about the latter, can you please elaborate a bit? Because anyone with half a brain can realize that, in the least, that is what it is. If we put a stop to our calendar at 3000, and start from 0 again, for god knows what reason, are you going to argue that THAT is bs too? Lmfao, you really should study what you talk about a bit more, you have 7k posts yet you sound like you haven't spent a week on studying conspiracies.

THERE IS AN ACTUAL CYCLE ENDING, what it implies is up to you, for all I care you think it means NOTHING, but don't call it bs because you simply do not understand, a cycle ends, it's that simple, ONE calendar ENDS, a new one BEGINS, so yes, 21-12-2012 is real, what happens that day is what is up for debate.

God how some people can be so f*cking ignorant I just can not understand, I joined ATS for the "deny ignorance" and the fact that I hoped to talk about this kind of thing with people who didn't respond like the average muppet on the street, yet here I am, trying to explain basic (Mayan) calendar logic to someone who has spent a lot of time here and still doesn't understand that there is truth to it no matter what you believe will happen.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of nothing happening, I'm very skeptical too and so should everyone else, but to go around saying it's all bs, gtfo man. Guess what? Our calendar ends too
shocker isn't it? Our "year" ends after 365 days, just like their "cycle" does, only it takes a lot longer.

But hey, while we're at it, let's all go ahead and deny the fact that on january 1st we will (possibly) be writing 2013 instead of 2012, too! The end of a year? bs!
edit on 14/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What are they going to be used for then??? If you ridicule one possible explanation, but fail to mention what YOU think they will be used for,

Well, I mentioned my thoughts earlier. PRACTICE.

How many rounds should we shoot per year?

That blog discussion is a bunch of amateurs and enthusiasts, and they seem to average 5,000 to 15,000 per year per person.

SO, if the DHS employes 220,000 people, and those people include Secret Service, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, etc., and assuming only 1/4 to 1/2 actually have to qualify with weapons, then just to keep up with the practice rates of an average enthusiast they would need 300,000,000 rounds at a bare minimum (assuming lowest of both numbers).

BUT, since they qualify with more than one type of weapon, and since they are professionals, not just hobbyists, then I would assume they would need at least double to triple that amount for training.

Suppose 25% of them qualify with 2 handgun calibers and one rifle caliber, and assuming they train moderately and run through 15,000 rounds on each caliber. If that is true, then they would need 2,475,000,000 rounds per year.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Star for you.

It is obviouse they need to practice to be proficient in weapons and with your basic calculations they probably need to order more rounds fairly soon but I bet people will still panic online again over that.

It is hard to find a credible conspiracy theory nowadays.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sladewilson
reply to post by ElohimJD

Never thought of it that way. I figured the smart military personal (with possible civilian efforts) would evenly split and attack the personal that would go through with orders against the population. If it came to a civil war, but with a foreign intervention i believe youre correct

My contact in Army Military Police and US Sherrif Deputy took part in the "joint military operations" conducted in Ft. Carson CO earlier this year. There was a large thread here on ATS about it because the media reports it was in conjunction with the Russians.

This was a lie to cover up the real purpose of the training. The soldiers that were here in CO were NATO (mostly German) NOT Russian. And they were training for US martial law protocal. He was told it was due to the economic collapse soon to occur around the world.

I understand this is not proof, but it is true.

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Good point James....I was thinking the same thing along the lines of the power grid going down and industry suddenly being halted (maybe that new tv series Revolution is a warning of sorts). I cant say for sure tho and it could also be that foreign troops will come in and be under the new domestic National Security Force which will be under DHS and they will be issued arms and ammo by DHS. Remember Obama's campaign suggestion? ("We need a National Security Force, equal to the military....").

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What are they going to be used for then??? If you ridicule one possible explanation, but fail to mention what YOU think they will be used for,

Well, I mentioned my thoughts earlier. PRACTICE.

Since when are hollow points needed to practice?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wonder how many barrels they go thru at those rates of rounds fired (given that it is taxpayer money tho this will just sell the guns used and buy new ones).....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Some people think that they have to practice with the same round as they will be carrying (and shooting, if necessary). If you are using the same weight bullet the type will have a de minimis effect on the trajectory (especially at the distances that they will most likely be deployed; 1-10 meters). The ricochet effect of the different bullet types is more valid. I suspect that the wind and weather will have the same effect (nil) at close range (for handguns at door to door confiscations or highway check points) anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
DHS has already put in massive orders for 450 million .40 hollow point bullets, bullet proof booths and various other supplies. What do you guys think of this? I want to see some of your opinions. The DHS has placed an order for 700 lbs of Ammonium Nitrate – which oddly is used for makeshift terrorist bombs and not quite a military grade explosive. Ammonium Nitrate is they key ingredient used in makeshift terrorist bombs and there are really better grade military alternatives. For example, the World Trade Center Bombing, Oklahoma City, The Norway Bombing and countless other bombings used fertilizer with high concentrations of ammonia nitrate soaked in diesel fuel.

In fact, the Department of Homeland Security even has a page on their site dedicated to Ammonia Nitrate and legislation to regulate it, as shown in the screen shot which links to their page.

This makes it all the more alarming that they are ordering ‘civilian/terrorist grade’ explosives when they could simply order RDX, C4 or some other military grade explosive. A solicitation placed today at the Government marketplace shows that the Department of Homeland Security, via the Transportation Safety Administration has requested 700 pounds of High Density Ammonium Nitrate and 700 pounds of A-5 Flake RDX, with a deliver date by 31 August 2012.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
::::::
E-BUNKRD::::::: ????????????

I tried to read at least the last 2 pgs of this thread and didn't see anyone discussing the possible true facts behind this purchase. You can usually find out what's going on by looking at the contract and company these Government offices go threw....

Here's a debunking on the 450million
Debunked: DHS orders 450 million .40 caliber bullets for use in America

metabunk.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Some people think that they have to practice with the same round as they will be carrying (and shooting, if necessary). If you are using the same weight bullet the type will have a de minimis effect on the trajectory (especially at the distances that they will most likely be deployed; 1-10 meters). The ricochet effect of the different bullet types is more valid. I suspect that the wind and weather will have the same effect (nil) at close range (for handguns at door to door confiscations or highway check points) anyway.

I took a "Police Administration" class in college. It was a criminal justice course. I was a polit sci major and had to have 3 or 6 credits of CJ under the cirriculum. Anyways.

The professor had been a a police chief, officer, sherrif, and military police/infantryman. He was also a German immegrent, moved to the US when he was 12, Interesting guy, knew his beer well.....was also big on community policing and NOT militarizing the police. He said too many

ANYWAYS. HE was ADAMANT that you train/target practice with your duty ammo. He said every department he had served in or lead was this way. The term "target practice" ammo for FMJ or lead rounds was pretty much put there for commercial reasons. Winchester White Box is a prime example. The FMJ's say "target practice" or 'training" while the hollow points say "self defense". Essentially it's to either help with sales or those that are too ignorant to know what they should buy.

As far as how much DHS trains. It's going to very. I am pretty sure that there are some departments/divisions that only have to qualify once a year and probably no more than 50 to 100 rounds. There are others, like Secret Service, SWAT and response teams, some elements of the Coast Guard..etc...that probably shoot several thousand rounds per person a year. So it varies.

I beleive the US Military fires about 1.5 to 2 billion rounds a year, just in training.

I find the order(s) a bit concerning, If anything I find the militarization of the police and everybody having to be "tacticoo" more of a problem. But think that the order is probably just planning ahead for increased metal prices.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: sp

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lethalized

Most likely its for training purposes. They do have bomb disposal programs. Bomb identification programs. Not sure if they need to train dogs ect. 700 lbs is not as much as you think. It is always preferable to train with the real thing. Almost every bomb class I ever took when I was in the Army they would also do a demonstration as a teaching aid. 700 classes with 700 demonstrations with 1 lb would go fast. I don't see anything to be alarmed about.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join