It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

www.infowars.com

Fears that federal authorities are preparing for mass civil unrest have increased after it was revealed that the Department of Homeland Security is planning to buy a further 750 million rounds of ammo in addition to the 450 million rounds of hollow point bullets already purchased earlier this year.

A solicitation originally issued by the DHS in April but updated on Friday calls on suppliers to provide a plethora of different types of ammunition, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.

The PDF file for the solicitation lists the different units of ammo required by the t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The cover for the big order is that this is for "training" but a) you dont need hollow points for training (they are designed for maximum human stopping power not cutting thru paper targets), and b) the quantity of the order which is in addition to 700 million rounds over the last year or so (over 1.4 Billion total now) suggests that they are preparing for civil war against the american people. I would imagine that there will be a final order for over 1 bilion rounds and then a defecation storm will be imminent. Comments, reactions or other thoughts???

www.infowars.com

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I've bought quite a few thousand rounds since the year began..... Are you to assume I'm going on a shooting spree soon?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

The cover for the big order is that this is for "training" but a) you dont need hollow points for training (they are designed for maximum human stopping power not cutting thru paper targets), and b) the quantity of the order which is in addition to 700 million rounds over the last year or so (over 1.4 Billion total now) suggests that they are preparing for civil war against the american people. I would imagine that there will be a final order for over 1 bilion rounds and then a defecation storm will be imminent. Comments, reactions or other thoughts???

www.infowars.com

Interesting, combine with this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
seriously, why in the world would they ever buy so much ammo?

who are they going to shoot, and why?

cmon gov, stop being so evil and stuff.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

If they're preparing for civil war against the American people, who will be using the rounds? The only way the government can fight the people for more than a week or two, is if they bring in foreign troops, and foreign troops have their own ammo. If they are planning to use Federal Troops, then they're effectively buying millions of rounds of ammunition that will wind up being used against them, LOL! The military will side with the uprising after a few weeks when they realize the government is corrupt. Local law enforcement will be split pretty evenly on both sides at first, but they'll be so out-gunned, that they'll have to come around to the side of the uprising or be killed quickly.

So, these millions of rounds had better be for training, because anything else would be counter-productive to their intentions. It would be nice of them to buy us all that ammo though!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyThe military will side with the uprising after a few weeks when they realize the government is corrupt.

I don't think so, Tim.

If the go back on their squad/command/government, say bye-bye to their pay-cheque. Times are tough and no one is going to want to lose their job.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Very interesting.

You know, after the first large order, I just couldn't believe or accept the implications. If this is true, wow, just wow.

Looks like we may have to water the tree of liberty again.

Maybe a new regime in the WH can stop this, God I hope so.

Also, whether intended or not, this will affect supply and price of ammo for citizens.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I would assume that you bought them for "training"....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The USDA purchased 326,000 rounds at the end of last year.

USDA purchase

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyThe military will side with the uprising after a few weeks when they realize the government is corrupt.

I don't think so, Tim.

If the go back on their squad/command/government, say bye-bye to their pay-cheque. Times are tough and no one is going to want to lose their job.

The paycheck is only good if the uprising is small and quickly quelled. If the uprising is large and widespread, and the outcome is not clear, then the paycheck from the old government becomes worthless anyway. It becomes more about morality and tradition. 90% of the military guys I know are just waiting for the days of a widespread uprising to get this government back on track. They are going to follow orders for a couple of weeks to see whether the thing grows any legs and spreads or is it just going to die down quickly, but if it is a real uprising, they'll be switching to the side of freedom, morality, and tradition very quickly.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If they're preparing for civil war against the American people, who will be using the rounds? The only way the government can fight the people for more than a week or two, is if they bring in foreign troops, and foreign troops have their own ammo.

The order is for the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) and related agencies not the military per se. The .40 s&w calibre is the favorite of Law Enforcement while the military uses 9mm (and formerly the .45 acp). This is a handgun (auto loading) round worn as a sidearm (some carbines and submachine guns also). This will be for a militarized police conducting checkpoints and house to house raids. The rounds will be issues to the TSA and other agencies also (including the FBI). But it is not a military round; in fact, the use of hollow points ("dum-dum" bullets) are against the rules of engagement by the Geneva Convention.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Even the Forest Service has an order....presumably they fear patriots fleeing to the national forests.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

A secondary effect is to a) take rounds off the market (and future production capacity by ammo manufacturers) by placing the large back orders and b) to raise prices (esp .40) by the forces of supply and demand.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I call AJ sensationalism and bull # on this story.

All you have to do is go into his sources. Yes they purchased the ammo, but according to the PDF which he sources, the quantity isn't given, and there's this:

4.QUESTION - Part D, Page 50 - Paragraph 3.2.2:
specifies quantity requirements for packaged
rifle and shotgun ammunition but allows for an
exception to the requirements, provided that the
actual quantities are clearly marked on the
package. Paragraph 3.2.1 specifies quantity
requirements for handgun CLTA (50 per box) but
does not explicitly provide for the same sort of
exception. Several of our products, which
otherwise meet or exceed the requirements of this
specification, are packaged 25 rounds to a box.
Q: Will the government accept handgun CLTA in
packaging other than 50 round boxes if the actual
quantity is clearly marked on the package, in the
same manner as specified for rifle and shotgun
CLTA in paragraph 3.2.2?

ANSWER - No. For clarification we are purchasing
training rounds only and not duty rounds as
specified in Part D, SOW paragraph 1.0.

The AJ story doesn't put enough emphasis on training rounds, nor does is detail the difference between "training rounds" and "duty rounds"...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

My first reaction to the story was that the "750 million" found figure was total but AJ (online now) is insisting that the total is in addition to the previous large orders. I have not had a chance to go thru the copies of the orders but I still doubt that this quantity (esp in the face of past orders) is for "training". The use of the word "training" could be to deflect criticism for the order....but you dont need to practice with HP bullets (should be FMJ) and you dont need 100s of millions of them for domestic federal law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm just going along with your OP. There are no where near enough police, Federal Agents, or DHS personnel to even begin to impact a domestic uprising. The only way those bullets get used for anything other than training, is if the National Guard and military get involved.

I've got friends in the FBI, Secret Service, military, and local law enforcement, I can assure you they don't like the DHS/TSA policies and overbearing government any more than we do. Currently, everyone is just doing their jobs, protecting their own interests, minimizing their individual impact on the whole situation, but if SHTF, all of that changes, and everyone has personal stakes in the fight, and it won't be much of a fight at all.

The American populace, aided by trained folks within the Federal Agencies, and military would have to endure a few weeks of limited battle with troops and LEO's, but if those attempts are unsuccessful or spark off extra uprisings, and the whole thing spreads nationwide, then the quickest and easiest way to stop the chaos and carnage if for everyone to switch to the side of their local friends and families, run the bastards out of Washington, and install a new government based upon strict Constitutional guidelines and State's and Individual rights. That is exactly what would happen if something went down now, or in the near future. Bullets have a shelf-life, so we are talking about the next couple of years or so.

NOW, if the status quo can maintain for a couple of more generations, then all bets are off. We are raising generations of slaves at the moment that are more interested in comfort and security than liberty, morality, and integrity.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If the quantities are true, then it's "only" a quarter million hollow points, versus an alleged 750 million training rds.... I don't know, I've been going through the inquiry documents and when I find a quantity I'll definitely let it be known.

ETA: Also, wouldn't lying on a contract and saying "training purposes" make it illegal a suable breach of contract?? lol

edit on 13-8-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

All you have to do is go into his sources. Yes they purchased the ammo, but according to the PDF which he sources, the quantity isn't given, and there's this:

Still searching for the original pdf document for this article. I did find this one from the last purchase request and did not seeing anything about practice versus service rounds in it! All quantities for these ammo requests are in units of thousands!

PDF

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Still searching for the original pdf document for this article. I did find this one from the last purchase request and did not seeing anything about practice versus service rounds in it! All quantities for these ammo requests are in units of thousands!

PDF

Thanks. I'll provide you the link to the PDF I was looking at which is the one with the Q/A clarification in it.

QA PDF
edit on 13-8-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join