It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Spirit - A Picture Is Worth More Than Words Sometimes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The American Right wants war with Iran for two reasons and two reasons only:

1. It fears Iran would actually try to nuke Israel, which threatens the Right's biblical views about Israel's role in their fantasized apocalypse. Never mind this act would guarantee its own annihilation. Sensible people know it is just merely chest thumping.

2. It knows a war with Iran would be a massive windfall to the military war complex, never mind if it would sacrifice thousands of American lives. To the Right, a few thousand dead is well worth profits for Lockheed Martin and Haliburton.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the picture! I have it as my desktop background.

I am hearing so many issues on the news today about Iran. Boohoo.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I tip my hat to the Iranians. Their leader is the greatest internet troll of all time.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A picture is worth more than a thousand words.....Now if we could only get our politician to realize this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
people don't want war...its governments and those asshole politicians that like to scare everyone into the absolutely irrational and insane thinking that if they don't die now (from war) their going to die later (from terrorism).

Aloha. Been lurking this site for many years. Your post made me actually get up off my butt and want to contribute to this site. Some background on me. As a Citizen of the Kingdom of Hawai`i, living in U.S. occupied territory, I believe this gives me a more unique perspective of the U.S., it's people, and Gov't. My views are mostly free from the political influence of the whole Rep/Dem realm. I do deal with Americans on a daily basis. I am surrounded by them. I can, to a degree, tell what they are feeling politically and socially while not being part of their system. Now to address your post.

Some feel there is a hypothetical threat from Iran. Many, perhaps millions, or tens of millions, of Americans would much rather trade this hypothetical war for a real one. To say "people don't want war", IMO, is just wrong. Yes, many don't. But many do. You statement, IMO, would be much more accurate if it said "Some people don't want war".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

could we get israel in this picture too to make it official?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That is quite possibly one of the most tear jerking emotional pictures out there. Any time any war rhetoric comes, or you are caught in the middle of a debate of starting another war with your buddies etc, pull up the saved picture on your smartphone and show them what is the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
people don't want war...its governments and those asshole politicians that like to scare everyone into the absolutely irrational and insane thinking that if they don't die now (from war) their going to die later (from terrorism).

It's so rotten that Russia and China are trying to prevent WW lll and the United States and Isreal want to start the war in Iran. I wonder how many people know that there are Jewish people that not only reside in Iran but are also protected by the Iranian government. I wonder how the USA would feell about taking orders from another country as the USA barks orders to Iran.

Sometimes I get the feeling that all that is said about Iran is a bold face lie and an excuse to go to war yet one more time. I haven't trusted our government since President Kennedy was assinated and I distrust our current administration the most.
'

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Says it all. Sod the politicians and the warmongers. We are all brothers and we came to Britain, maybe as adversaries, but we leave as friends

Hell, us Brits even applauded the Aussies

why wouldn't the Brits applaud the Aussies?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What a beautiful picture.
(i cried when i saw this)

Its pictures like this that makes me have faith in this world.
No matter what our leaders preach and teach, they can never ever change the way we feel about one another.

It doesn't matter what colour or race we are, nore does it matter what religion we all follow, we are all just the same, we are all just equals when it comes to life, love and sport.

We are all beautiful people, we are all special, and its only when we stand up to our leaders will we realise that we are the one's in control.

Take care my fellow humans.
I love and respect you all.

edit on 15-8-2012 by WozaMeathed because: cant spell

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People always seem to hate the Government. I guess it is easy, as they have to make decisions that people dont like. Believe it or not, Governments do what is right for the country.

To peopel who say, people dont want war. That is ridiculous, most of the population's want war when their country is threatend. Governments, need to make the tough decisions and war is neccessary in this world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A true test of the cuddling athletes would have been an Israeli and Iranian, bearing in mind that at the Athens Olympics in 2004 an Iranian athlete refused to compete against an Israeli. In Beijing (2008) an Iranian swimmer got a mysterious illness which prevented him competing against an Israeli.

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

No, I'm English. I expect the Iranian people to be nice because they are people. People want peace but politics causes war.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Please re read..... and no, in case you were wondering. This is part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If only all pictures were the cover of news, positive propaganda could stop this war, and couldve stopped others from happening too

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

edit on 16-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is this kind of things that still make me have some hope in humankind!

No colours; no religions; no politics...just..."us"!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nice

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
workoutdrinkbemerry.files.wordpress.com...

For the purpose of some context...keep in mind he won the silver so...

edit on 22-8-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Worked a treat, last time

edit on 31-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join