It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Spirit - A Picture Is Worth More Than Words Sometimes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+238 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As you can see
Yes it actually CAN be this simple

Because guess what, citizens of countries actually would rather remain alive and not send their brothers and sisters to war

I really think the media, though I know they won't, could do a great job of spreading this with a positive message.
it's unfortunate that we would never see something like that

The media actually advocating war left and right ALL THE TIME
edit on 13-8-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

+64 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
people don't want war...its governments and those asshole politicians that like to scare everyone into the absolutely irrational and insane thinking that if they don't die now (from war) their going to die later (from terrorism).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
if you see the opposite side of the picture the only person that looks even remotely happy is the american.

i do appreciate the symbolism though but i feel the coming war is inevitable unfortunately

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Illuminate Games ?

Dam those Illuminate for spreading & promoting peace

John Lennon - Imagine

The Olympic Cauldron

static.guim.co.uk...

Symbolising The coming together of all nations burning as one

AHHH dam those peace loving guardians trying to unite this # hole planet i want division and war

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
if you see the opposite side of the picture the only person that looks even remotely happy is the american.

i do appreciate the symbolism though but i feel the coming war is inevitable unfortunately

I once saw a picture of Obama and Harper walking away like this picture
It was Obama's hand behind Harpers with Canada's PM Harper's head looking downwards

I thought that the image on the National Post was very strategic, letting Canadians think that Obama is there to guide Harper
Sheeple would fall for that symbolism too easily

Don't be like them, it's just a 1second snapshot that's all
His hand below the american's hand means absolutely nothing!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"War Is Not The Answer, For Only Love Can Conquer Hate" - Marvin Gaye

though i heard, if you played it backwards it says

etaH reuqnoC naC evoL ylnO roF ,rewsnA ehT toN sI raW
edit on 13-8-2012 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

As you can see
Yes it actually CAN be this simple

Because guess what, citizens of countries actually would rather remain alive and not send their brothers and sisters to war

edit on 13-8-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Gave me chills thinking about how and what we are constantly brainwashed into believing (by media and government) when that picture is how we truly should be. Unfortunately most people are either neive or shielded from the truths's of corrupt,greedy, power hungry terrorists running and ruining the entire world for their own selfish outcomes and desires.

Q: How do you define TERRORISM ?

A: The Intelligence Community is guided by the definition of TERRORISM contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):

•The term "TERRORISM" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.

•The term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving the territory or the citizens of more than one country.

•The term “TERRORIST group” means any group that practices, or has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism

So basically according to THEIR corupt manmade laws.....our government and all their little sub groups are the biggest TERRORISTS in the world. I just don't understand why the world doesn't see it and believes that the little guy fighting for his life from unjust rule is the terrorist.

edit on 13/8/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

im talking about the literal opposite side of the picture my mistake for not being clear. There was a photo on cnn the other day of this same moment but of the front of the athletes

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Flag and Star

They are humans just like us, who I doubt want us to Bomb their homes and factories over oil...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That can be this simple.

But propaganda-machine and war-machine don't like it to be.

peace

PS : I am really happy that no false flag happened during the games.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's funny.

The brainwashing goes on in both countries.
I remember reading an article once on how some american students visited Iran.
They met other students from Iran and the Iranians were amazed we weren't all devils that wanted to kill them.

It's great to see images like this that shows how regular people just want peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The side of Humanity that shows the beauty of Love.

The moment in the day where i pause and smile.

S & F for reminding us all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Selfish politicians gotta ruin everything for people who are JUUUUUUST FINE with peace...

If our government wasn't ass deep in nukes, Iran wouldn't even feel the need... Geez.

Love all of y'all!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If war breaks out between the US and Iran, expect our (USA) Olympic athletes to be protesters. They will lead us and we will overwhelm the police. We the people will be victorious.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Don't forget Religion...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
If war breaks out between the US and Iran, expect our (USA) Olympic athletes to be protesters. They will lead us and we will overwhelm the police. We the people will be victorious.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I don't think so

Plenty of athletes have already been thrown of out of olympics because of tweeter posts
They weren't positive tweets but still...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420

can you post the picture of the opposite side?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A great picture, i also agree with the fact that main MSM will not show this to the general public.

I keep reading messages regarding the low lifes that are our so called politicians that cause the wars, but i have yet to see some one point the "accusing finger" at the most evil of industry/company on the planet, a industry that hides behind a single excuse, THE ARMS MANUFACTURERS. This is the most lucrative business in the world more so than the oil industry.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Selfish politicians gotta ruin everything for people who are JUUUUUUST FINE with peace...
If our government wasn't ass deep in nukes, Iran wouldn't even feel the need... Geez.
Love all of y'all!

well countries already have thought for it. and that is NPT. powers like USA accepted to nuclear disarmament and countries like Iran accepted not to make nukes. but it seems in this world all treaties are forgotten so like Kyoto. it may have a bad consequences for humanity !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join