It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing happened at the Olympics, which means...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Nothing happened at the Olympics, hence-

- The official version of 9/11 is true

- The Gulf of Tonkin false flag did not happen

- Operation Northwoods did not exist

- Iran Contra is make believe

- Fast and Furious is just a movie

- The CIA never created Al Qaeda

- The West saved the Libyan people from Gaddafi

- etc

This seems to be the mentality on this forum. Just because people were wrong on the 'Olympic conspiracy', does not undermine the truth of other events.

There are good reasons people believed an attack during the Olympics was going to happen-

- False flags are hardly something TPTB would refrain from using

- Music, TV shows, security problems reported in the MSM, there was a lot of concern going into the Olympics that 'something' was going to happen.

Put two and two together and it's easy to see how I and many others were misled. But this does not undo everything else. Sadly, it will do so because many people put all 'conspiracies' into the same pile.

Hindsight makes it easier to see that a false flag at the Olympics was too early- TPTB have to get rid of Assad before tackling Iran (which is something I and a few others did question). The false flag is set to be blamed on Iran, hence it was too early to come at the Olympics with Assad still strong in Syria.

I bought into the conspiracy, but I can learn from it. This is a conspiracy forum and people are set on ridiculing 'conspiracy theorists'- what chance do we have in trying to get people to see the truth if this is the response on a site for conspiracy theorists?!!

Does the idea that TPTB had invested into this conspiracy and fueled it to discredit conspiracies in general sound so ridiculous now? Millions of people have access to the truth via the internet so it is only natural TPTB would combat this with disinfo and false conspiracies. It is them adjusting. I would say consider this, and learn from it.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Many people? The only people even suggesting something BAD or ALIENS would happen were the lunatic fringe.

Everyone else just enjoyed a mediocre spectacle. (UK, you're SO incredibly BORING!)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Everyone else just enjoyed a mediocre spectacle. (UK, you're SO incredibly BORING!)

How so? We just put on one of the best attended, well supported Olympics in recent history. I don't believe the rest of the world saw us being boring, anything but.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Many people? The only people even suggesting something BAD or ALIENS would happen were the lunatic fringe.

I have a feeling 80%+ of replies will just confirm what my thread is about

Anybody trying to spread the truth during these times are in for a difficult journey when a conspiracy forum takes this approach.

The next 6 months is going to see huge developments in the middle east, the Israeli air force has already been operational against 'Egyptian terrorists', American policy has finally snapped into line with the Israeli lobby policy, this is all going to excalate really quickly, especially once Syria is dealt with. A lot of lies are going to be told to the public to sell another war, and our voice has been weakened by the fake 'Olympic Conspiracy'.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

- etc

This seems to be the mentality on this forum. Just because people were wrong on the 'Olympic conspiracy', does not undermine the truth of other events.

There are good reasons people believed an attack during the Olympics was going to happen-

- Music, TV shows, security problems reported in the MSM, there was a lot of concern going into the Olympics that 'something' was going to happen.

Put two and two together and it's easy to see how I and many others were misled. But this does not undo everything else. Sadly, it will do so because many people put all 'conspiracies' into the same pile.

Hindsight makes it easier to see that a false flag at the Olympics was too early- TPTB have to get rid of Assad before tackling Iran (which is something I and a few others did question). The false flag is set to be blamed on Iran, hence it was too early to come at the Olympics with Assad still strong in Syria.

I bought into the conspiracy, but I can learn from it. This is a conspiracy forum and people are set on ridiculing 'conspiracy theorists'- what chance do we have in trying to get people to see the truth if this is the response on a site for conspiracy theorists?!!

Does the idea that TPTB had invested into this conspiracy and fueled it to discredit conspiracies in general sound so ridiculous now? Millions of people have access to the truth via the internet so it is only natural TPTB would combat this with disinfo and false conspiracies. It is them adjusting. I would say consider this, and learn from it.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

How exactly does that make all other false flags obsolete? I for one believe that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a false flag operation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Most people are smart enough to know the difference between what is going on in the ME and an Olympic Conspiracy theory. Not all as we saw on ATS. But the majority here do have some critical thinking ability. That's what the Olympic theories seem so absurd to the majority.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Most people are smart enough to know the difference between what is going on in the ME and an Olympic Conspiracy theory. Not all as we saw on ATS. But the majority here do have some critical thinking ability. That's what the Olympic theories seem so absurd to the majority.

Can you explain what was so absurd about the 'Olympic conspiracy'? I understand a lot of the theories where indeed pretty crazy. But consider these points-

- The MSM pounced on the G4S security problems in the run up.

- False flags have been used in the past

- Predictive programming, as in 9/11, was used.

I think it is too easy to just dismiss the Olympic conspiracy entirely when a lot of legit concerns existed before the games started. I'm questioning why and I think it would help in the future to fully understand what went on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In the immortal words of the band Del Amitri:

"Nothing ever happens"

And if a prediction were to come true, then it would probably be down to a lucky guess rather than a solid theory. I've been using this site much longer than I've been a member and the one thing that we always have in abundance is crazy theories/predictions that will only ever be true in the twisted minds of our in-house lunatics and attention seekers.

Don't get me wrong, I've "believed" in some utter nonsense (mostly during my teenage years) however, with age I have developed a cynicism far beyond my years and added to my natural mistrust of people (especially those on sites like ATS) I always take everything with a grain of salt.

That said, I do hope that the world will end in December, however we all know it's probably just another hoax, like Y2K.

Rev

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No. Just because another prediction that people make on here came up false..once again does not mean many other things never happened.

It's just freaking crazy though that everything has to be a conspiracy and every time somebody happens to see a number twice in one day, has a dream or you have a friend who has a cousin who knows a guy that works at taco bell that used to work for NASA and he passes on some top secret info that it means the end of the world is coming.

Maybe a little more common sense and less chicken little syndrome.

But it is nice you at least made a thread to rationalize this prediction not coming true.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Perhaps they meant the
PARALYMPICS ??????????

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
Perhaps they meant the
PARALYMPICS ??????????

Peace

HA! I wondered if someone would say this.

Rev

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Thought it was brilliant opening & closing

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This seems to be the mentality on this forum.

Can you show me evidence from the forum substantiating this claim please?

Many thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I don't think being wrong about the Olympics undermines any of those things.. nobody was predicting 9/11 on ATS before it happened just as an example..

The point about the Olympics and so many other threads is quite simple though... this doomsday/false flag predictions are un-ending and almost never are accompanied by evidence of any sort other than spotting something that caught their eye on a poster or they found something odd in the shape of a building.. or painting.. or.. ( list goes on forever ) .. it could even just be that they saw a post on GLP and decided to copy and paste it here because that's clearly the most accurate and trustworthy site on the internet.

These posts come and go and they've been coming and going for years even when I was just a lurker.. you see them daily.. the date passes and the poster either goes away or latches onto the next Comet, false flag, earthquake, secret government project or ancient prophecy that's about to come to fruition.. and it never does

I pointed this out in another thread as well ( good luck finding it, there's SO many of these prediction threads ) .. but I said it's gotten to a point where there's so many of them that eventually there will be one for every day remaining in the calendar year .. someone is, by pure chance alone, going to get something nearly right .. they are so abundant now that pure chance alone is going to do that..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Your not right:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and look at this :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is because False flags happen as the people buy the propaganda.

So , no one bought propaganda =====> No false flag happened.
edit on 13-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed.
Because nothing happened doesn't make those conspiracy theories any real.
Suggesting that because you were wrong about other things because you was wrong about this makes more sense than. Because we were wrong about this doesn't mean we can be wrong about other things.
You're suggesting that your integrity hasn't changed when it obviously has.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

- etc

According to your thread , We Iranians are blessed because your govt didn't invade Iran.

Should we really be happy now ?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes False flags have been used in the past. But there was no evidence to suggest so here. You say predictive programing , I say confirmation bias. The G4S was just an example of what happens when governments farm out important security roles to private contractors who fail to deliver.

Yes, there were a lot of security in preparation, but say something had of happened and we had not been prepared, we would have looked like a laughing stock. Best be prepared for all eventualities. I'm not denying the Olympics were not a high valuable target for anyone to make a big impact, but there was no intelligence to suggest a terror plot was underway.

Conspiracies happen, but when you look at everything as a conspiracy, how do you decipher the real world events.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by DaTroof

How so? We just put on one of the best attended, well supported Olympics in recent history. I don't believe the rest of the world saw us being boring, anything but.

Don't feed the troll.

Just another American upset that the world's eyes weren't on the USA.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join