It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homeland security armored personnel carrier spotted in Kentucky (photo)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Why is this shocking? It is being delivered. Why can't it just be traveling through kentucky. Did the poster tell on what highway and what directiong it was heading?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The 450 million rounds may not be that strange. What if they decided to buy several years worth of ammo (for thousands and thousands of officers) at one time because it would be cheaper than buying a couple million every year?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That vehicle reminds me of District 9.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Notice the backwards American Flag on the front fender ... what do you make of the new way to show the flag ?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

if you read the first few pages it is explained. many times

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Notice whats said on the side of the APC "Special Response Team"

Notice the flag is backwards on the truck. "In wartime the flag is worn backwards to show advancement.. take the flag and put it on a flag-pole and run at the enemy.. it flies backwards"

Keep an eye out for the new uniforms also.

Can't use military inside the U.S., but nothing stopping Homeland Security from printing millions of special internal Security uniforms and having the Army swap their uniforms for the new internal ones, to patrol the streets. By a simple Executive order the military could be decommissioned and recommissioned under the new Security branch, so you wouldn't have to train lots of new recruits.After all, corporations raid other corporations for their employees all the time.

I'm sure Homeland Security is already populated with previous CIA, NSA, etc.. peoples.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So far, there are 11 of these trucks out there, shipped to different parts of the country. All sent to field offices of the DHS. They were purchased for the DHS HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) which is a branch of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement).

The HSI investigates and responds to high level international crimes. Drug and gun smuggling, human trafficking, money laundering and any form of terrorism. They also defend against the illegal appropriation and exporting of technology that is crucial to U.S. security.

The trucks were purchased because the SRT (Special Response Team) is tasked with serving warrants and apprehending international criminals considered too dangerous for other law enforcement to go up against.

Here are some of the others:

#8 - South Dakota

#9 - Los Angeles

#11 - Minnesota

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Thank you for the information I hope people will stop making wild accusations now.

I will not hold my breath on this.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Really, you guys ALL just sound like paranoid foil-hatters.

What' we're seeing is simply a preview for Mad Max 2012. It a new SUPER ULTRA high def 4-d in-your-family's face experience, coming to a county near you.

Really, all this stuff is just previews for the big show. Israel vs Iran. (us support?) DHS vehicles and tanks moving all over the place, camps set up across the country, increase in recent history in recruitment for military or intelligence communities, political protests, mass shootings, passage of new laws designed to squash political dissidents, free speech raids, THE SSA IS ORDERING AMMO, etc ad terrorem.

Should be an interesting show, at lest.

Well, TBH the previews really suck (except for that tupac part). But I'm stocking up on popcorn.

Make sure to get your viewer for this 4-d event:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Don't you think it would be the most stupid thing ever for the US to imprison its own people under Marshall law? literally the entire world would condemn it along with 99% of its military & leaders, its not even in the realms of fantasy, it more in the realms of total stupidity

Right on! Even if the US government could imprison all of us, where would they get the manpower to hunt all armed dissenters down? The People vastly outnumber all amount of troops the government could in fact put on the ground, and there is no guarantee they would be loyal to their masters. I think if the government really wanted to do this martial law lock everyone up thing, they would have done it a long time ago.

I don't think the number of armed dissenters would be anything near what you imagine.

IMHO, if they tried to coup the US, their biggest threat would be militias and street gangs. (most armed and organized segement of civilian pop)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Dint America order 300 of these ?, just to see if they were any good mind you. that means there are another 299 just like this one

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Next time you see one parked at a rest stop, ask the driver where he is taking it.
Of course, that was probably the only time you will see one up close until they are rolling down the streets promoting law and disorder.

Good idea.

These days you'd probably get tasered just for asking lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Changes are a'comin

governments are "anticipating" the need to use Military force internally,

German army's crisis role widened

The German military will in future be able to use its weapons on German streets in an extreme situation, the Federal Constitutional Court says.

The ruling says the armed forces can be deployed only if Germany faces an assault of "catastrophic proportions", but not to control demonstrations.

The decision to deploy forces must be approved by the federal government.

Severe restrictions on military deployments were set down in the German constitution after Nazi-era abuses.

SOURCE: www.bbc.co.uk...

bit by bit...step by step..the populations of the First World Nations are being "acclimatized" to the presence and use of military within borders.

Governments know something big is coming, all the preparations are being put in place, not just in the USA.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Regarding the "backwards flag", I have to point out that the flag, when worn on the right sleeve of a military uniform, is also reversed just like the one on the truck, so I don't think I would make much of that.

That said, the fact that they have such a truck is quite interesting! For what purpose is this vehicle? "Special response team"? Response to what, that would require a mine-resistant vehicle? Plus, have to add that this vehicle, while similar, is NOT the same as all the excess ones we had in Kuwait, that were returned to the States, and NOT assigned to various garrison units.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join