It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homeland security armored personnel carrier spotted in Kentucky (photo)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It is a prototype and it is being shown to different response agencies to get their viewpoint on it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LevelHeaded

Thanks for the info! I will only be a little paranoid now lol...But seriously I did not know that and just wanted to point it out after a quick glance. Thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Don't you think it would be the most stupid thing ever for the US to imprison its own people under Marshall law? literally the entire world would condemn it along with 99% of its military & leaders, its not even in the realms of fantasy, it more in the realms of total stupidity

I believe that those who would fall in to the "realms of fantasy" are those who believe that our "leaders" are there to help and protect us! For anyone not to see the growth and power of tyranny by our government in this country, goes to show how far their heads are buried in the sand...

How ever, should a Syria Scenario break out in the US.. highly highly unlikely, then they have every right to bring the situation under control

Ahhh, I get it, someone else who doesn't know the meaning of the 2nd amendment. I guess we just allow our impending slavery to continue without fighting back?? That's okay, I get it! Let's just allow a tyrannical government to run wild and herd us up for the slaughterhouse...................

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

The stars and field face foward on uniforms and equipment to symbolize always moving forward or attacking. When the stars and field face away from your direction of travel the flag is in retreat.

I would like to remind the nay sayers to research the history of the wafffen SS. An Organization that started out in much the same way as the DHS. They were the State Police for Germany. Tasked with all the same duties of or DHS and then some. They slowly recieved heavy weapons, tanks, artillery along with rank, training and structure that paralelled the German Millitary.

If any of you think that can not happen here you really don't know your history. They may have beat Hitler but their using his play book. Yes, the US military is of the people. But Threat, Duress and Coercion goes a long way in getting purformance.

Hit me up in 5 yrs. Tell me I was wrong. That's if you can dodge the curfew.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Usualy , when its a prototype, you dont display it publicly on the roads, especialy when its a gov prototype
No, this one is a finalised vehicle

i saw some of these being towed ,in Utah

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am sure that is to make the "flag" look like it is flying (symmetry to the left side where it will be correct).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Homeland security... Armored truck...

What exactly is the big news here? Security.. Armor...

/*yawn*/

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What exactly is the big news here?

Because the whole purpose of this carrier is rapid response against AMERICANS.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by libra75

Did you notice the flag is backwards?

2nd

It's not backwards.

That's just the way it were to look if it were flapping in the wind headed forward.

The other side of the truck has the flag the normal way.

I used to think the same thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

I would like to add:

Things that are said or implied by government agencies are not always as they sound. Take the famous police saying "to protect and serve". Protect and serve what? The people? There are many court decisions defining/ruling they have no legal obligation to protect you. They defend and protect what ever incorporated city they happen to be employed by.

The US military does not protect the US. citizens either, never has been their job. They protect the form of government, COTUS and the territory that it holds. That is the only legal obligation the military has. There is in no part of "The Oath" that says anything about deffending the people.

The Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of the military for law enforcment. Can anyone here say that line has not been blurd? However it does along with the COTUS allow for use of military durring a time of war on our own soil.

SO if we are at war, why is the military not "deffending" the country?

Why is there a civilian/government agency being raised, armed and trained as a defence againt "enemy combatants"? Which "legally" some of us can now be tagged just for questioning the government. Does not mean we will be, yet. But the law is there and in place should they wish to use it. This bothers no one?

If the government feels it needs to create a paralell military to the one it already has for survival, we all should be asking why?

So giving to civilian law enforcment the tools and weapons of the military..... does?

The laws of recent time have defined the US as a "battle ground" legally, through color of law, we have been at war for many years. There are laws in place that allow for the military to be used on US soil in times of "war" are we at war in the US?

There is a much deeper plan being formed here.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What exactly is the big news here?

Because the whole purpose of this carrier is rapid response against AMERICANS.

Is that written on the carrier on something?

Look, SWAT teams in this and other countries do have APCs at their disposal. These are used when responding to appropriate threats. Your assertion that this particular one will be used against americans is just as ridiculous as that other ATS thread, "Huge live alien base active in Alaska".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
At least it went to Small Business!

www.fbo.gov...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If any of you see one of these "civilian law enforcement" APCs with a turret mounted, it would be a good time to start really worrying. I am curious as to what kind of crew serve weapons the DHS has in their armory. If any.

For you "militia types" these "Gun trucks" are not the end all to a battle. More of a fear factor to the unknowing really.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

It is just for riots like everything else. If there is another Katrina, or if life saving medicines have to be transported. Half of emergency response is preparing for a crazed public.
edit on 13-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

Because it is one display...

It is not military, there is no need to hide it.

It is really a waste of money.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by yourmaker

...if there is another Katrina...

Of course! If there's one thing that a flood victim needs, it's a Department of Homeland Security armored personnel carrier gunning them down in the streets.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Wow, didn't have to expect to explain it to you....

With the rioting that happened in the streets or at the superdome. Considering that people were shooting at helicopters,I would personall want an armored vehicle.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

A lot of times the best place to hide a thing, is in the open. In this case it gives it reason and a sense of normal.

The American people are being desensitized and most of them don't even know it.

You will not question or be surprised by what you already have the answer to. Also, not shocked when your put on the train for your own good and that of the states.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In regards to the flag, I read this on another site -

when the flag is attached to something that moves, the constellation is placed to represent the flag being carried forward, so viewed from the starboard side where the "staff/mast" would be at the front of the vehicle with the constellation in the upper right).

I find the reference to boating interesting (starboard and mast) as it lends more credence to the aspect that we are living under maritime law.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
photoshop

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join