It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homeland security armored personnel carrier spotted in Kentucky (photo)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This Photo was taken in kentucky and to posted on the Daily Paul.

Looks to me Homeland Security will be doing alot more then gropping you at an airport in the near future. Look at the off road 4x4 tires. I doubt they will be used to round up illegals in Kentucky.

Notice whats said on the side of the APC "Special Response Team"

Notice the flag is backwards on the truck. "In wartime the flag is worn backwards to show advancement.. take the flag and put it on a flag-pole and run at the enemy.. it flies backwards"

Hat tip to libra75 for catching that, make sure to star him/her

wiki.answers.com...

This thing would do well on the boarder but shipping it in kentucky is beyond me. Maybe it has something to do with the 450 million rounds ordered by Homeland Security or maybe the "Department of Homeland Security characterizing Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists"

theintelhub.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Luckily this is coming out soon:

The world is a dangerous place—the stuff is always ready to hit a fan somewhere—so what better way to protect yourself than an armored vehicle? And what better armored vehicle to use than Conquest Vehicles’s Knight XV, a massive SUV designed to stop bullets while looking like it can stop a cruise missile

ca.autos.yahoo.com...

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Did you notice the flag is backwards?

2nd

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by libra75

2nd

I thought they did that so when you look in your mirror it will be the right way?

Like on an ambulance.

I thought they just did that on the front of the vehicle though..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Do you have any proof that this thing was delivered to Kentucky for that specific reason that you're claiming? or did it just carry on right through Kentucky to its destination?

I can't see anywhere in your OP that states it was delivered to somewhere in Kentucky only that it was on a trailer going through Kentucky and could have been going absolutely anywhere in the US

Don't you think it would be the most stupid thing ever for the US to imprison its own people under Marshall law? literally the entire world would condemn it along with 99% of its military & leaders, its not even in the realms of fantasy, it more in the realms of total stupidity

How ever, should a Syria Scenario break out in the US.. highly highly unlikely, then they have every right to bring the situation under control

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by libra75

That's the way it is supposed to be applied to vehicles and uniforms. The star field always faces forward to give the impression of the flag waving in the breeze when the vehicle or person is moving forward.

Source - the 5th paragraph down.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I used to be in the military. My understanding of the flag facing the "wrong way" is that the direction is to simulate the flag "waving". Think of it like this if you are moving forward, the flag would be "waving" the opposite direction of your movement.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

In this day and age, that could also be a movie prop making it's way to a set.. or even someone's pet project.. just seems odd to ship ONE .. and to ship it that way..

Not saying that's what it is .. but that's what I thought when I first saw it..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i saw one going down the highway a couple months ago,identical to that one, but it was powering itself and not being towed. this was in Pennsylvania. strange times indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't even know what to say.

Damned if we do, screwed if we don't.

(stand up, that is)

I would also like to point out the number "1" placed in the top left corner of the vehicle. I highly doubt that this would be the first of the fleet (if that is in fact a number designating such). Could it be a prop for the upcoming film "Grey State"? Give the name a google.
edit on 13-8-2012 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Looks like it comes with an extra set of tires. I wonder if the extra set of tires comes standard or if they were running a special when it was ordered?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Do you have any proof that this thing was delivered to Kentucky for that specific reason that you're claiming? or did it just carry on right through Kentucky to its destination?

I can't see anywhere in your OP that states it was delivered to somewhere in Kentucky only that it was on a trailer going through Kentucky and could have been going absolutely anywhere in the US

Don't you think it would be the most stupid thing ever for the US to imprison its own people under Marshall law? literally the entire world would condemn it along with 99% of its military & leaders, its not even in the realms of fantasy, it more in the realms of total stupidity

How ever, should a Syria Scenario break out in the US.. highly highly unlikely, then they have every right to bring the situation under control

sorry, I have no idea where it was going and it was only spotted in Kentucky as far as i know. Your right, it could be passing through to mexico along with the 450 millon rounds bought but i doubt it

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBeardRay
I used to be in the military. My understanding of the flag facing the "wrong way" is that the direction is to simulate the flag "waving". Think of it like this if you are moving forward, the flag would be "waving" the opposite direction of your movement.

The flag backwards, at least on a uniform is because the stars are to be worn closest to your heart.. so depending on which side the patch is located determines whether it is forward or reversed..

I'm not sure about in the case of vehicles.. but I do know I've seen it before.. one site said "The side with stars always leads on a vehicle"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I tend to agree with you completely .. this is why I don't think the USA would ever declare martial law .. and the USA would never ask it's troops to turn on US citizens because that is basically asking them to turn on themselves.. they are too American citizens.. they would be turning on their families, friends.. loved ones in general ..

In places like Syria, or the middle east in general... it's a VERY different situation due to things like tribal factions.. so you do see armies turn on their own country.. in sections
edit on 8/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Well that may be true about the stars being closest to the heart, this is the first time I have heard of that, after 8 years in the Infantry you would think I would have heard of that. I guess I didn't pay as much attention as I thought I did. As I said my understanding was to simulate the flag waving. *Shrugs* I was just adding my two cents, I could really care less anymore, apparently I haven't cared for awhile now....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

sorry, I have no idea where it was going and it was only spotted in Kentucky as far as i know. Your right, it could be passing through to mexico along with the 450 millon rounds bought but i doubt it

Next time you see one parked at a rest stop, ask the driver where he is taking it.
Of course, that was probably the only time you will see one up close until they are rolling down the streets promoting law and disorder.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hey, don't be stealing my new car. I saw it first.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Next time you see one parked at a rest stop, ask the driver where he is taking it.
Of course, that was probably the only time you will see one up close until they are rolling down the streets promoting law and disorder.

easier said than done. the one i saw was accompanied by several small military vehicles.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by libra75

In the military, the "field" (the part of the flag with the stars on it) must always face forward. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know lol. Merely stating facts lol. Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by libra75

Interesting observation. I'm sure it has different meanings for different reasons. Not sure myself but would be interesting to know others opinions.
edit on 13-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join