It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Drug Cheat of the 2012 Olympics has medal stripped.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
New Zealander Valerie Adams has been awarded the gold medal for womens shot put at the London Olympic Games, after Belarus's Nadzeya Ostapchuk tested positive for drug use.

Adams has been awarded the medal, after the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced today that Belarus's Nadzeya Ostapchuk, 33, was excluded from competition following a positive test for metenolone.

Ostapchuk is the first athlete at the London Games to have been stripped of a medal.

New Zealand now sits at 15th on the medal table passing Cuba in the process.

tvnz.co.nz...
edit on 13/8/2012 by Lucas73 because: added the word womens

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

Being NZ born, I'm wrapped...another Gold to our tally

Now watch more cheats go down and I expect at least another 2 or 3

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good nothing worse than a cheat i suspect there will be a few more yet

Thought it was a great games with some amazingly inspiring athletes,

So the final Medals table....

London Olympics 2012 Medals Table

Gold/Silver/Bronze & Total

1 United States 46 29 29 Total 104

2 China 38 27 23 Total 88

3 Great Britain 29 17 19 Total 65

4 Russia 24 26 32 Total 82

5 Korea 13 8 7 Total 28

6 Germany 11 19 14 Total 44

7 France 11 11 12 Total 34

8 Italy 8 9 11 Total 28

9 Hungary 8 4 5 Total 17

10 Australia 7 16 12 Total 35

Population of the US - 311 Million - Total 104

Population of China - 1.3 Billion - Total 88

Population of Great Britain - 63 Million - Total 65

So if the EU competed as a United States of Europe they would have finished with 59 Golds and a Total of 188 Medals

edit on 13-8-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I just can't find words for the disgust I'm feeling towards this "athlete"...

People KNOW the testing is rigorous and that cheaters will be found out yet a few still find it necessary to SPIT on every REAL athletes effort and dedication towards a sport.

Banned from sports for life. No mercy for cheaters

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Another Gold for New Zillund?

Thut's Choice Bro.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised, I thought it was the men's shot put when I saw her compete.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Not neccesarily as there are competitions where a country can only send one athlete or team so the overall number of medals the USofE would win would fall and that may leave spaces for the USA and China to win even more medals.
Consider Womens Hockey where the Netherlands got gold and Great Britain got bronze, a joint european team may win gold but the fourth placed New Zealand team may move up to win bronze, boosting their medal tally and leaving Europe at 187 medals, losing a medal. This may happen all over the medal count.
edit on 13/8/2012 by Lucas73 because: Added last paragraph

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Metenolone
naturally occurring drug, found within the adrenal glands of pregnant domesticated felines,
pregnant cats??
other cheats at the olympics to be revealed

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

I am all for it to strip these cheaters from all their medals ever won, crucify them publicly and fine them severely on their way out.

Many olympic atlethes spent four years working until they bleed and then comes along a piece of s*it taking away their rightful reward with the use of drugs...such people do not belong in a sport competition and the use of drugs in official competition should be regarded a criminal offence.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's life no body should be surprised and i doubt it will be the last. Some people achieve honestly while others cheat, also some people cannot stand losing.

I have witnessed people cheat Numeracy and English tests that were not important and designed to assess what level people were at so extra help could be given to make them better. simply because they didn't want to be the one with the lowest score. sad really.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good, glad to see this trash be stripped of her falsely won medal

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I actually think that a huge proportion of athletes (USA I'm looking at you
) take these drugs whilst training all the time, but just cut them out in time for competition... It's very widespread and athletes even have pharmacologists on board in order to swindle their way to victory.... It's sad but it's true... This woman was the unlucky one to be caught, Belarus obviously can't afford a decent pharmacology department for their athletes... Anyhoo, it's good to see cheaters exposed and dealt with appropriately... Yay for New Zealand

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Val's coach seemed to know that Ostapchuk was a cheat before the test results were released .
When you look at her you would think she would have a penis .
Sadly Valerie didn't get to stand on the podium and hear our national anthem

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
) take these drugs whilst training all the time, but just cut them out in time for competition... It's very widespread and athletes even have pharmacologists on board in order to swindle their way to victory.... It's sad but it's true... This woman was the unlucky one to be caught, Belarus obviously can't afford a decent pharmacology department for their athletes... Anyhoo, it's good to see cheaters exposed and dealt with appropriately... Yay for New Zealand

Why single out USA??

Also if athletes took performance enhancing drugs while they worked out but then stopped a month or so before they were to perform in the Olympics, don't you think they would be in withdrawal from these drugs and their performance stinted because of it.

Go USA!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

"Belarus's Nadzeya Ostapchuk, 33, was excluded from competition following a positive test for metenolone. "

They really didn't Need to test Nadzeya , that Moustache gave her away.........

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace

Originally posted by Milkflavour

Why single out USA??

Also if athletes took performance enhancing drugs while they worked out but then stopped a month or so before they were to perform in the Olympics, don't you think they would be in withdrawal from these drugs and their performance stinted because of it.

Go USA!

I was jt teasing about the USA, although there have been several teams casting doubts about the fairness of some of their victories... Though that may be a touch of sour grapes...

However, I stand by my statement on the drug use thing being widespread. They have pharmacologists for the exact reason you state (among others); so that they can get the dose right and the timing right etc... Just have a little look around for articles on this subject, there are many, and I think it's really only the tip of the iceberg, those who are caught are the unlucky ones, but I'd bet my next paycheck that it goes a heck of a lot deeper than people think...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Lucas73

"Belarus's Nadzeya Ostapchuk, 33, was excluded from competition following a positive test for metenolone. "

They really didn't Need to test Nadzeya , that Moustache gave her away.........

LOL
well said
I think this cartoon sums it up well

new topics

top topics

join