It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Venezuela plans a 'guerrilla army' against US invasion

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There was a thread on ATS ATS_THREAD_FROM_2007. The below news is a recent remark from the Venezuelan President. I never thought that we had ever considered wondering down south. Venezuela is a big oil exporter but it just never clicked. IMO, its more propoganda for the venezuela elections. I do know that we have provided support to Colombia in the past and on a ongoing basis. Do you think Venezuela is on the table if there were a global conflict (WW3) to ever break out?

Venezuela is training a "guerrilla army" aiming to be a million strong by 2013 to fight off a possible US invasion, an opposition lawmaker said Sunday.
"Plan Sucre" -- apparently crafted with input from close ally and fellow US foe Cuba -- covers the legal, logistical and other angles necessary to "transform a professional army into a guerrilla army," Representative Maria Corina Machado told El Universal newspaper.
NEWS_LINK
US_IN_COLOMBIA
US_COLOMBIA_MILITARY_NUMBERS
Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.




posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Venezuela is training a "guerrilla army" aiming to be a million strong by 2013 to fight off a possible US invasion, an opposition lawmaker said Sunday.


One million strong?

It shouldn't be too difficult to find and destroy with overwhelming fire power then, rather defeating the whole point of guerrilla armies.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Divide 1.000.000 by 1.000, and you might get closer to reality, if at all. I highly doubt the existance of such a guerrilla army. I tend more to the conjecture of having something to do with the elections..



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good for them!
Every nation should have little pockets of guerilla forces ready for small hit and runs.
This will demoralize the enemy and is much more effective than conventional warfare.
Some invading troops have been known to kill themselves!
What a win / win combo ehh?
Every war won for the past two hundred years or so has won using subversive techinques.
Except in a few circumstances.
Afghanistan defeated the mighty Russian red army doing this, and they are about to defeat the US army by doing this as well.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think as far as the US going to war with Venezuela over a nut job dictators big mouth is nonsensical and just ridiculous,

How ever in a WW3 type scenario i'm more than sure the US would see it as a great target for resources, oil the machine so to speak,

If the middle east could be held down with US/EU Troops both Russia & China's inferior military s would grind to a halt in just a few short weeks



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Venezuela specifically Chavez should have considered the problems long ago when he decided to associate with Hezbollah on his soil. Why is Chavez shaking in his boots? How many of these "guerrillas" will be agents of Hezbollah?



Chavez should be scared. He puts on his thumb on the freedom of his people. Just like, Mubarek, Qadaffi, and Asaad, Warning! Warning! Danger Danger!! The UN is gunning for him....



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me , I heard some anti-Venezuelan propaganda like 2 days ago on the mainstream media just connecting him with FARC and whatever they could think of. They want him gone like Assad.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 
Drugs travel through Venezuela from Colombia
Only if the FARC conflicts somehow infests or spills over into Venezuela then its a different story



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541
 


If having a new government set up in spite of attacks on the US forces is WINNING whats losing? Did charlie sheen type this out? You got winning backwards. Which is actually losing or will have lost because for all their efforts the US still set up a government and is not in retreat. Job is done to the US governments satisfaction is all thats happening.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by g146541
 


If having a new government set up in spite of attacks on the US forces is WINNING whats losing? Did charlie sheen type this out? You got winning backwards. Which is actually losing or will have lost because for all their efforts the US still set up a government and is not in retreat. Job is done to the US governments satisfaction is all thats happening.


There is no true win vs a vastly superior army, but you can make them pay.
This is a bittersweet victory.
Losing is all resistance crushed and buried.
The US campaign so far has been a fail in the sandbox, we may drive openly on their streeets but sometimes they make us pay for it.
Look at the Vietnamese, they kicked our butts outright.
We pulled out and were beaten by literal cavemen.
All because they had the will to do so.

(Edit)
I forgot to ask, if "Job Done" is the flavor of the day, why are we still there??

edit on 13-8-2012 by g146541 because: job done



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Guerrilla warfare is the way to go.
The American dictatorship is a threat to all countries of the world that don’t bend over and take it from America.

All of the US technologies and they cannot beat Afghanistan Guerrilla warfare.
dont you think thats odd?



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Because the US is just all over Venezuela right now.

It will be fun to see them feed and mobilize a million man army.

Hey, if that is what they think they need, who am I to say otherwise?



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha
 


well its also because the US dont go in and salughter everyone. The romans had it right when it came to warfare. kill the males,and old and take the young. Thats how to truly conquer a people.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
All the USA are, are playground bullies. You know, "come on,you think your hard, come on then prove it, lets fight". Then one of the days the school bully gets beat up by the class wimp, who has had enough of their goading, and who sticks up for himself.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
There was a thread on ATS ATS_THREAD_FROM_2007. The below news is a recent remark from the Venezuelan President. I never thought that we had ever considered wondering down south. Venezuela is a big oil exporter but it just never clicked. IMO, its more propoganda for the venezuela elections. I do know that we have provided support to Colombia in the past and on a ongoing basis. Do you think Venezuela is on the table if there were a global conflict (WW3) to ever break out?

Venezuela is training a "guerrilla army" aiming to be a million strong by 2013 to fight off a possible US invasion, an opposition lawmaker said Sunday.
"Plan Sucre" -- apparently crafted with input from close ally and fellow US foe Cuba -- covers the legal, logistical and other angles necessary to "transform a professional army into a guerrilla army," Representative Maria Corina Machado told El Universal newspaper.
NEWS_LINK
US_IN_COLOMBIA
US_COLOMBIA_MILITARY_NUMBERS
Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.



Thank God.

Here I was placing all of my hopes for being liberated from oppression on a Chinese invasion. It's good to see that other countries in the world are also concerned about all of the human rights violations in our burgeoning prison state.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by buddha
 


well its also because the US dont go in and salughter everyone. The romans had it right when it came to warfare. kill the males,and old and take the young. Thats how to truly conquer a people.



Yes...Rome sure did have it all figured out.

Who better to take notes from than an empire who enjoyed only a scant 200 years of prosperity and domestic peace and 1800 years being plagued by endemic civil wars, economic collapses, famines, slave rebellions, foreign invasions, and martial law...only to eventually be completely overrun by the same barbarian hordes that they oppressed for all of those years and ultimately forced to relocate your capital in Turkey where your people and their descendants can look forward to replacing all of those struggles of empire with ill-conceived religious wars instead.

Gotta hand it to the Romans....they sure knew what they were doing.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Venezuela will do nothing to us. Just another S**T Hole country controlled by a Dictator.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If America were going to invade a country like Venezuela, I would LOVE to see how they are going to sell that here at home. The population would really have to be duped to buy into a war with pretty much any country right now. To be perfectly honest, the war we've been involved in in the Middle East should have done a lot to stimulate the economy, because that is usually what happens during wartime...However, with all the corruption, the money has really only been going to select defense and intelligence firms and production facilities...And the wealth hasn't spread around much. The public may have been more supportive had that occurred. That's sad, but that's the way it is.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Divide 1.000.000 by 1.000, and you might get closer to reality, if at all. I highly doubt the existance of such a guerrilla army. I tend more to the conjecture of having something to do with the elections..


China has had a 1,000,000+ man army in Venezuela for decades now. It's a fail-safe defensive force. They're good buddies as China consumes most of Venezuela's oil.



posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
I think as far as the US going to war with Venezuela over a nut job dictators big mouth is nonsensical and just ridiculous,

How ever in a WW3 type scenario i'm more than sure the US would see it as a great target for resources, oil the machine so to speak,

If the middle east could be held down with US/EU Troops both Russia & China's inferior military s would grind to a halt in just a few short weeks


Hugo Chávez is elected president of Venezuela, the leader of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV).
He is not a dictator.
en.wikipedia.org...
He has spent much oil money on the poor and setting a dangerous precedent in the region. For the rich establishment in Latin & South America think of their country's resources as their own. And social spendings as a waste.
A covert war is being fought right now (CIA) against Chavez. The privately owned media (dubbing itself free media) is working hard to put a stop to the "waste".
www.coha.org...
So that's where the anti Chaves stuff comes from.
USA not going to open war against Venezuela has more to do with Iraq and Afghanistan. USA has proven that international law is for all other nations. USA does as it pleases.


And every country have a "guerilla" army. We are expected to fight a foreign invader anyway we can. Every country has a plan for that, continued fighting even with the government in exile.



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join