It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Orders Butler to Stand Trial, Charges Second Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The defendant was/is basically a whistleblower IMO, exposing corruption in the church, and trying to protect the pope.

The article says that only the pope can stop the trial or pardon the charged.

I will be keeping an eye out for news of this trial, to see how this unfolds, will there be a move to rid the church of the alleged corruption, or will these two be sent to jail to send a message to other wouldbe whistleblowers not to mess with the Vatican?

reuters.com

A Vatican magistrate on Monday ordered Pope Benedict's former butler to stand trial on charges of aggravated theft for leaking documents alleging corruption in the Vatican.

In a 35-page document on the case which has rocked the Holy See since Paolo Gabriele was arrested last May, the Vatican also charged a computer expert who worked in the Vatican bureaucracy with involvement in the case, the first mention of a second man.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wait do what!!!!!!
I mean just wow. Look at how they are going after ...a butler for leaking information about the churches corruption, yet they do nothing to the Preist that rape and molest alter boys
and people are suppose to look to these , these...hypocritical self righteous BAS***DS to guide them on their morals. SPIT!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Wait do what!!!!!!
I mean just wow. Look at how they are going after ...a butler for leaking information about the churches corruption, yet they do nothing to the Preist that rape and molest alter boys
and people are suppose to look to these , these...hypocritical self righteous BAS***DS to guide them on their morals. SPIT!!!

The hypocrisy is truly disheartening , isn't it.

The hierarchy of the catholic has some major issues , which I hope some day can be resolved.

There are many good catholic people on this planet , but unfortunately its leadership , especially in the upper echelons , is questionable at best.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The Vatican claims this leaking of documents to be 'a breech of privacy'. Can there be such a thing in a religion supported by donations?

Other than in the confessional, if the business of running a religion needs 'privacy' then there must be something very wrong with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I always love a conspiracy...

That evil fricken church and all of it's dogma and rituals. Sick, evil, people.

If you can get your hands on a copy read "God's Banker". That will enlighten you to the financial dealings of the Vatican.

Anyhow...something about this story smells, I don't know what it is? How in the hell did the butler get caught handing over the goods, asides from the fact that the butler always does it

Someone gave the man up.

top topics

join