It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we start a fund to buy an island for a couple thousand people to live on?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So I came across this little island for sale. It has its own fort, wild life and fertile land.

All we need if 5 million bucks. Has security food and is not too far from home for Americans.

who is down?

Isle for sale, 19th century fort included

Harold Cushing calls his fortified island in the Gulf of Maine, 'a little kingdom.' For $4.85 million, the keys to the kingdom are yours.

money.cnn.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I so could be on that Island

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i predict this island will be demonized then invaded by the usa, in the name of democracy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
tell you what how about everyone just start sending me the cash...and i will start the process.....sound like a deal?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'm down. Can we secede from the Union, too?

EDIT:
I have a boat!
edit on 13-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
tell you what how about everyone just start sending me the cash...and i will start the process.....sound like a deal?

Star to you!!
Check is in the mail.

I dunno, the place looks abit small for farming and the trips to the piggly wiggly are gonna kill us on fuel.
Off of Maine too, kind cold I'd think.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As long as I get to be the supreme ruler and God of this island, Im down. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

oh hell yeah....any names for our new country? It has to be catchy but not so much so we get allot of attention and invaded because our people protest our inhumane living conditions and cause an international incident.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
buy it and turn it in to a prison, one day it could be like australia...

A paradise

edit on 13-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A couple thousand people seems quite a lot for this little island, not?
Make it 20-30 and you might have a nice life.

I almost did the same thing with 15 friends last year (a small Greek island it was)... When we showed our interest to the owner the price suddenly went up 500% ... a pity.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Shotgunthefort..... Yesssss

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Naming can be tricky, but pretty much anything seems to go with "stan", and as long as you are not one of the stans with natural resources no one cares about your living conditions. God help you if oil is discovered anywhere the island though.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Oh yea! An island in greece Id so be in!!
But to be honest why but the island?
When I was in Rhodes last year I saw a derelict building being squatted by chaps that seemed to be enjoying a cushdy life... I can play guitar so I could make a cash in hand living in Faliraki and live quite comfortably in a greek squat... and it'd be a lot cheaper!

edit on 13-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
im sure this will be more common very soon.

imagine if a bunch of americans teamed up, and bought an island, SECEDED, and said "we are going to be even MORE free than america" and they made a better constitution that prevented corporations from ever taking over the island, and everyone was truly free there, and the government could not break into your home and tell you what to do, AT ALL, unless you were doing something bad like stealing, etc.

islands name: America 2 (side notes: because the first one is no good anymore )

lol this would be such a massive statement, people would say "wow people actually got sick of all the oppression and made their own country"

peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

oh hell yeah....any names for our new country?

*thinking*....
. Atsland?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
last thing I'd want to do is move on to a little island like that with a load of suggestable paranoid nutters off the internet TBH

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

If you send me your bank details - I'm in
I have money to invest to build a Shopping Mall, Sports Stadium and Government and Military buildings plus maybe a bunker or two.
God it is so frustrating having Billions to spend and nothing much left to buy

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

A couple thousand people seems quite a lot for this little island, not?
Make it 20-30 and you might have a nice life.

I agree...so...the first 30 to reply? Crap, I don't have 1/30th of $5 milliion. But I do have a boat!

And I know how to sew, and cook, and garden, and am a great child care provider! I even speak Spanish!

Vote for me! (and Pedro
)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Can we build the church of denying ignorance, and praise the Skeptic Overlord? lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stinka

last thing I'd want to do is move on to a little island like that with a load of suggestable paranoid nutters off the internet TBH

Cool, we'll count you out. (As if I'm the boss....
...) *wanders off calling...."BIHOTZ?"*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join