It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Olympics finished and NOTHING happened. Anyone surprised?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well so much for all the doomsday numerologists who were claiming they found links in numbers that proved an attack was going to happen. False flag or otherwise.

Of course many of them will just try to move the posts back a bit and claim it was really another date and place that its going to happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I am pleased a false flag never occurred.
Though I never voiced such a thing would - I would not have been surprised.

It is not possible to predict such things unless one has inside information.
These things tend to occur when one's guard is down and take the public by surprise.
False Flags are real however as is mis information and propaganda - Welcome to a world of lies

This post summed up my feelings on the matter to perfection,

To be honest I'm just relieved that no one was hurt as many had predicted on this occasion so it's a case of all well that ends well. This time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Will there be as many 'Nothing happened at the Olympics' threads as there were 'OMG they're going to false flag the Olympics' threads?

Given the level of frustration at the sheer number of unverifiable mindless outpourings of over fertile imaginations....YES! Tough, blame the "everything is a conspiracy because MSM does not report it" supporters for that.

Let me state this yet again because despite every "non" conspiracy event that occurs folks just don't listen : The vast majority of everything that goes wrong in this world has absolutely nothing to do with a conspiracy but everything to do with human frailties, cock-ups, mistakes, arse covering, face saving etc etc.

Ironically enough the games were a very well organised event with very very few cock-ups (a slight screw up with ticket allocations to idiotic corporate sponsors who could not be arsed to turn up ). This has given the conspiracists very very little to manipulate to their twisted agenda.

Oh hang on there was one conspiracy : the south korean flag was flown for the north koreans. There is no truth whatsover in the rumour that the person who compiled the video did not know there were two korea's, after all nobody is that ignorant of the world are they..........
........oh yes they are.......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For all we know those people were exposed to bugs ! and have brought it back to our country to incubate

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Fear-mongering that is all that happened there was never any plan to do anything at the Olympics, it is no surprise and now a lot of talk about the real target time is the Para-Olympics, just sad really, they got caught calling bullsh*t and now are try to cover their tracks. Maybe the next Olympics or one after that or bla bla bla.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Frankly, i am (a little).

Either the security service are damned good, or someone's been pulling our leg.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sorry to dissapoint you all, the 2016 prophecy guy turns out to be an actor
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Weirdly, I was in London last week and saw very little in the way of security. Lots of young squaddies asleep (or pretending to be!) on station floors but I only saw police once on the tube (Northern line) and I only saw a few police down by the river a couple of times. There was some plain-clothes in the Tate Modern too.

Granted most security was concentrated around the stadium and various arenas but it was still a little strange. I did wonder how many pink-shirted 'volunteers' (or ambassadors or whatever they were called) were real volunteers though. Some seemed very tuned-in, officious and very 'trained' (for want of a better word) whereas others were clueless.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by McGinty

Weirdly, I was in London last week and saw very little in the way of security. Lots of young squaddies asleep (or pretending to be!) on station floors but I only saw police once on the tube (Northern line) and I only saw a few police down by the river a couple of times. There was some plain-clothes in the Tate Modern too.

Granted most security was concentrated around the stadium and various arenas but it was still a little strange. I did wonder how many pink-shirted 'volunteers' (or ambassadors or whatever they were called) were real volunteers though. Some seemed very tuned-in, officious and very 'trained' (for want of a better word) whereas others were clueless.

Interesting. Certainly doesn't fit the MSN story running up to the event. Certainly sounds like we were sold a fiction - whether it be the true identities of the volunteers (being a well executed security strategy), or alternatively the whole idea of Al Qaeda in the first place, since if they really existed why would they pass up the olympics?

edit on 14-8-2012 by McGinty because: damn those closing brackets

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have been posting here for more than eight years. In all that time only ONE prediction has ever actually come true. ONE among dozens and dozens and dozens .... so I'm not surprised that the Olympics finished just fine without filling up the supposed body bags that were waiting .. etc etc

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What was the one that came true? I have been trying to think of successful predictions and couldn't really think of any.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm going to regurgitate about what I've been writing in most of these threads.

What if, and this is a big what if but still a possible one, what if the government(s) accused of planning a false flag doesn't actually want one? What if they don't need one? What if the government(s) accused actually have enemies that want to destroy them for reasons beyond what you think?

Isn't this keeping an open mind, considering every possible scenario?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

This is more a general political point than a real conspiracy point but, given the fact that we've a Tory-led Coalition driven by ideology>economics, who generally worship at the twin altars of profit and private-enterprise, I wonder whether the 'threat level' had been ramped-up to justify the increased expenditure on firms like G4S and involving 'necessary' workfare involvement for extra-double-super-security.

False flags, in a 'conspiracy' are probably quite rare, but political 'false flags' are an everyday occurrence, particularly when ideology trumps everything else. Need to justify unnecessary welfare cuts? Blitz the media with bull# about benefit fraud &c. (despite it being a tiny fraction compared to tax fraud). Need to justify the dismantling the NHS? Blitz the media with 'dirty ward' stories and 'lazy nurse' stories (completely bypassing the fact that things like ward cleaning is now privatised and nurse numbers have been decreasing for a long time and the reality is nurses are rushed off their feet).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not surprised at all. The purpose of fear mongering is to feed the military/industrial/finance companies who have no allegiance but money. And the real beauty for them is that they will say the billions spent were a success because look, the place was not blown up.,,,so give us more money to line our pockets and buy politicians, er, I mean to fight the boogeyman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join