It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did a man ran head-on in to a police car?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Reading my local news this morning and this article WTOP caught my attention. According to the story published, the Infinity just decided to veer in to the path of the on coming police car for a head on. Didn't the police try to avoid it? Did the Infintiy driver suddenly move to the path of the cop very close so there won't be time to get out of harms way? Very little info is given as usually on wtop news site. Sometimes they come back to update it, other times they don't.
The bad part is that the driver is dead. It could have been the driver was drunk, wanted to kill him self, just some random accident
or a cop hater.

I would like to hear people's opinion on this one.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Yurimaster because: edit title

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Yurimaster

and it begins.......holy crap.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
My opinion is this is a stupid thing to have a discussion on. What's the point? Are you trying to speculate as to his motives?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RustynailsK

Could be stupid but it's just weird what happen. Also I'm not sure if this goes in the right forum section.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
And the bath salts strike again......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
it was a clean death

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RustynailsK

IMO...your opinion is pointless too.

I think that the OP is pointing out that while we don't know the motive(s), it is potentially a story...especially if there is more to come. There have been numerous threads about people coming apart at the seams on this troubled planet and this OP seems to be pointing out one more instance of that.

Sorta seems like your here to just start an argument. Peace...and change the channel if you don't like what's on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Maybe a personal vendetta. The cop was sleeping with his wife. The cop was gay and the other guy was his jilted lover. The cop gave the guy a ticket last week and the guy just popped and decided to get even. Maybe just a bee in the car. Not enough details.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores

And that conlusion is from? The people eating other peoples faces?..Theres no connection, star whore

That aside, I think its wrong to speculate when theres been no other reports as to what happened. This guy could of had a heart attack or anything. R.I.P either way.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Well, driver is dead so we cant ask him why. Who knows? Maybe he sneezed and lost control....Opinions were asked for. I gave mine.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How weird, I'm sure when further tests are done they will find the gentleman was a diabetic and had bottomed out on his sugars and survived the wreck!
Death was caused when the officer tased the driver three times and repetitively beat the man with his night stick while pepper spraying him.
Hey, stranger things have happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Maybe a personal vendetta. The cop was sleeping with his wife. The cop was gay and the other guy was his jilted lover. The cop gave the guy a ticket last week and the guy just popped and decided to get even. Maybe just a bee in the car. Not enough details.

OH wow i could just imagine

Bzzz bzz AHhhhhhhhhhh A BEE AHhhhhhhhhhh *Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

*crash*

wow lol...

peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Target fixation is a process by which the brain is focused so intently on an observed object that awareness of other obstacles or hazards can diminish. Also, in an avoidance scenario, the observer can become so fixated on the target that they will forget to take the necessary action to avoid it, thus colliding with the object.
This is a common issue for motorcyclists and mountain bikers. A motorcycle or bicycle will tend to go where the rider is looking; if the rider is overly focused on an obstacle, the cycle can collide with that object simply because of the rider's focus on it, even though the rider is ostensibly trying to avoid it.
The term target fixation was used in World War II fighter-bomber pilot training to describe pilots flying into targets during a strafing or bombing run.

This is what i thought of as soon as i read it we lost 3 good freinds all thunder bird pilots to this effect

example below

Here is a good read also that can help explain this phenomenon read about it here

edit on 13-8-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In such a case where the cause of the incident is unknown it may be speculations about a sudden heart attack, a bee in the car, target fixation, and other such possibilities could be valid. In this day and age I would not rule out a possibility the driver was depressed, distraught, suicidal, perhaps had been the subject of what he felt was a heavy-handed tactic by law enforcement officers that contributed to his depression, perhaps pending court actions.

He may have decided to go out in a blaze and take some of his perceived enemy with him. Not knowing more about his state of affairs I certainly would not rule that sort of scenario completely out without a look-see. If the motive was suicide then it appears he was successful with that part of it. I don't doubt there are many people with animosities toward the police as privacies diminish and heavy-handedness continues on an upswing. Perhaps he was an unfortunate victim of a wrong-address after midnight poice raid and SWAT shot his dog.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Maybe he's a bull.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

and it begins.......holy crap.

What begins?

top topics

join