It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should I move?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was wondering where everyone thinks what country is the closest to perfection, closest as none is perfect and without problems. And also possible to immigrate to. Me and my family currently live in the US and we can no longer afford to live here, our business is shutting down, and we've been living on savings for the last year. We don't take government handouts (social assistance programs) either. We have enough money maybe to create a new business somewhere else (we're eating ramen for god knows how long). But we've really dwindled our monthly expenses to just $300 a month for 4 people and a dog. So ATS, I want you guys to think, what country would be the best to move to in the world we live in today? Also reasons as to why? Also we're Taiwanese so uhhh, no countries that outright hate us. Also what type of business could we start in the respective country? Thanks GUYS!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Well first before we can realistically answer this. What is your savings? Do you have a line of work you want to continue, what is your expertise, or are you asking about any business ideas?

Are you interested in supplementing money expenses for food with growing your own food production?
edit on 13-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
More then welcome in Australia but if you are struggling with your savings, how are you going afford to move overseas in the first place?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It's not necessarily overseas. Canada, Central and South America

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
We want to save as much of our savings as possible. Its not that we cant afford to eat, but eating ramen and what not saves a lot of money on food bills. We have less than 700k but more than 200k in savings, dont want to give an exact figure. No real specialty, in the US we just offer financial services as to how to plan and accounting for small businesses and personal income tax. We don't have a line of work specifically that we want to continue because of licensing issues my father has a masters in accounting and masters in aeronautical engineering, i have a b.a. in biology but i need to continue schooling, my sister has a masters in public health and my mother well she doesn't have a degree but is a genius on book keeping and cleaning if that helps lol. And yes we already grow our own garden here but because of the weird and extreme weather we didn't have a good yield this year. But farming for us is definitely an option as everyone in my family is involved with our garden (1 acre) and we don't mind hard labor. Father only slept 3-4 hours a day when he was in college, worked 2 full time jobs and classes, finished masters in accounting in 3 years and already says he's never going to retire since he believes retiring makes you lazy and makes you age faster. Sister also worked full time in a nursing home/hospice and got her masters in 5 years, she's an intern for a year at some laboratory now. As for me, im the bad child, i have really bad social anxiety but I do what i can, i don't spend money ever, in my wallet i have $15 thats been there for the past 6 months, i grow bugs and sell to local pet stores and bait shops, not a lot of money but i try my best especially since i just feed them any leftovers with some sugar, bugs are quite resilient. we have enough savings, we just dont want to drain it, we want as much money as possible for the next chapter in all our lives and for emergencies.

edit: also our house is worth a fair bit, we're in NY. so that'll help a lot. median house average is around 580k or something like that
edit on 13-8-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I don't know what your business is, but if you have the finances and able to migrate then I would go towards Asia where living is cheap but also friendly and in most cases beautiful.........

I have just moved back from living in Australia after 4 years, but that place is darn expensive, but if you want somewhere which is nearly identical to the US, then that's the place for you........

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
how about a secluded desert island?

bring seeds, grow tons of food, eat coconuts, etc.

maybe there is a cheap island to buy?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There is no such perfect place to live but we can choose the best place of our choice. If you want to live in a city, New York and Los Angeles is a nice place. If you want to live in a peaceful and quiet place, you can live in the forest or in other country like Philippines, Korea, New Zealand and etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Don't think there is any country close to perfection, I moved from England to Munich about a year ago and Munich is far and away superior to where I'm from, almost idyllic but at the same time it isn't. It has all the things people 'desire' particularly safety with low crime. But I'm pretty sure I'd go back to England in a heart beat, just because It's home.

Also if you have capital to invest, why the need to leave NY or the US at all?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Any reason why you cannot return home to Taiwan?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Thanks for the reply to my questions
I have to go offline for a bit but I will respond soon enough

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
because our business is failing and there's nothing we can do about it. my father lost 1/2 is clients this year alone. there's nothing we can do any more, at least here. we've had some of his clients come into his office, crying because they have to shut down. we haven't ruled out taiwan, we just want to see all hte options that are out there. we have clients of all sorts from bakers, farmers, to garmet factories to doctors and what not. everyone just seems to be closing shop. To us, our American dream is dead. Not just his clients, but our families who all have their own businesses have closed shop to. we have family members in the import export business, garment business, real estate development, restaurants, cleaning businesses, every single member of our family has closed down their businesses in the past year also, with my auntie's bakery being the last and closing at the end of summer. And like i said, we work so hard for everything we have and continue to sacrifice more and more without gaining anything, # we even give to charity but we really have nothing left.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i would not recommend the uk as it is way to expensive to live $10 plus for fuel $300 would not cover 1 weeks shopping for 4 a 4 bed house $600.000 easy .there is no place like home i wish you well what ever you do in the future

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

we're only doing that in the states right now since we don't have a viable business. if a good business can be created in the UK then of course we're going to eat better. we're saving money by eating little and using little money so that we can possibly create a future somewhere else. for example since we're saving so much right now nad using very little of what we have, we can use the money to buy a business in the UK that will actually turn over a profit. money really isn't the issue, the issue is more like viability with business and the job world. that's what we need to know foremost.

top topics

join