It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conform,What’s the message ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

The message that is often repeated is if you want anything that is not the standard reality you have been given, you will be killed, tortured or abused. The louder your message the louder our reply
I imagine them say. This his how they plan, we are not interested in your plans. I am not pointing my finger at any person or persons in particular rather a trait that repeats itself throughout life. You must conform, its a very strong message. So conform to what?Conform to someone else’s will, why? My question is, those who seek for you to conform are they happy with their results? Do they even consider their own happiness?
How could we conform to anything that doesn’t included general well-being for all humans? The only real way, is by being fooled that certain plans are for the general well-being. When this occurs, you are a true conformist, blind in all ways.
So are you daring enough to take off your blindfold? Cause that will always be the first step, Its never easy no matter how many times you do it. There is a way and that way is available, just don’t shout to loud.just laugh!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
They Live !.............. great film

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
Conform to someone else’s will, why?

Because the entire system is based on will, if a person is not susceptible to anothers' will any more that would mean they cannot be influenced nor subdued and that means more could follow and then the entire system would collapse. So can't have that.

Well you can as an individual but then you can't really tell your message to anyone inside the system anymore because you would have to use that same twisted will to get your message across. And everyone inside will dislike you because you don't follow the same system anymore and if they are nice to you then they'll get into trouble because someone higher up the chain of willpower would become all paranoid about more following away from that system which grants them power.
edit on 13/8/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Times are changing but we don't see that the power elite has developed any effective tactics to control the damage to their plans. Right now, they're becoming increasingly authoritarian and violent. But we bet in time they'll be forced to take a step back.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

There is no conformity outside of self-chosen conformity. Do you use a computer, live in a house, own a car, have gone to school, learned to read, learned to write, and visit websites on the internet? Congratulations, you're a conformist. Every one of those things I listed is an aspect of conformity.

There is no such thing as a "non-conformist," we all conform to something, somewhere, somehow. What it really boils down to, is picking the best things to conform to. The education system, a good thing. Getting a job to pay for a house to live comfortably, a good thing. Learning to read and write so you can vocalize your thoughts, a good thing.

It all comes down to that. Maturity of opinion, and making good choices.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I will add to your view to conform is about not choosing at all, When you choose something that is non conforming. So, there you have missed the point. there is nothing wrong with the house or the wife or whatever, it goes much deeper than that. Its not about being a rebel or mindless.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The only thing more annoying than blind conformism is the equally blind iconoclast who lives to challenge the past.

Both are absurdities, both too obsessed in one direction. Life is a balance of accepting the old and carving new paths; holding to essential traditional norms while adapting what's old into new forms.

This one or the other approach is in my opinion, philosophically unsound.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Very good post.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

The 'entire system', by which you mean, common law?? Read Plato and Aristotle for why a system of law is a 'conformity' and 'higher will' that is in our best interest to 'submit to'.

What other 'will' are you referring to? Social norms? Social norms too have their purposes, and contrary to what many naively assume, much of our social norms are based on very sound wisdom and passed on knowledge from the past. Etiquette, manners, punctuality - these have their purposes and inner logic.

It's funny that people who complain about comformism fail to define what they mean by conformism. A definition of mindless following, group think, anything which subverts the rational consent of the individual, would be an apt definition. But 'conforming' to a system that is designed to benefit society at large, is a good conformism; it's the type of conformism that contributes I would think to human connectivity.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Conforming does not have to be absentmindedly. Do you consider followers of a faith to be conforming to the edicts, dogmas, rules, and beliefs of that faith? They choose to, so, by your definition they would not be conforming, yet they most assuredly are. Conformity can be sentient or insentient.

reply to post by dontreally

Thank you for the compliment.

~ Wandering cribe

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Conforming does not have to be absentmindedly. Do you consider followers of a faith to be conforming to the edicts, dogmas, rules, and beliefs of that faith?

I complete agree. Every ritual in Judaism, Islam, Christianity and I'm sure Eastern religions is almost meaningless without having the proper intentions, metaphysical insights, etc.

They choose to, so, by your definition they would not be conforming, yet they most assuredly are. Conformity can be sentient or insentient.

I was sort of splicing the word. Conformity obviously can be either/or; but conformity as usually implied more readily applies to absentminded imitation of behavior. Rational conformism, whether to a system of law, or in following a ritual, done absentmindedly or not, is usually based on some perennial wisdom, while mindless conformity is usually based on some superficial 'fad' that attracts people for no other reason than to be involved with something grander than themselves, which is innocent enough, but, the fact that it bypasses reason and can really stifle spiritual growth is problematic.
edit on 14-8-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

while mindless conformity is usually based on some superficial 'fad' that attracts people for no other reason than to be involved with something grander than themselves, which is innocent enough, but, the fact that it bypasses reason and can really stifle spiritual growth is problematic.
reply to post by dontreally

That is my original intention with this thread! thanks for hitting it on the nail. It is mindless conformity that I underline as not beneficial.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Dragonfly79

The 'entire system', by which you mean, common law?? Read Plato and Aristotle for why a system of law is a 'conformity' and 'higher will' that is in our best interest to 'submit to'.

I've already read them but obviously we made different conclusions about what they wrote. No, I didn't refer to common law, whatever gave you that idea? Fear for people who think different and because of which you can't predict how they are, fearing they might do something to you personally? But I'm glad to see you at least ask about whether your assumptions are correct.

What other 'will' are you referring to? Social norms? Social norms too have their purposes, and contrary to what many naively assume, much of our social norms are based on very sound wisdom and passed on knowledge from the past. Etiquette, manners, punctuality - these have their purposes and inner logic.

That same will everyone uses each day to make a script for themselves what they want to do that day and how it's going to be which everyone takes for granted. When it's gone is when one didn't know what one had.

Some passed on wisdom is good, but others are just ready to evolve into something more modern. I don't need a medieval mindset, I need more. For example I would like everyone to be their own leader and teacher, their own alpha male and female, I also would like to see the whole 'everything is governed by DNA' thoughtmodel to disappear, or how some people seem to think when school is over and their careers are stable they believe they're 'done', how people identify with their bodies and all the problems which stem from that, all those old thought models of reality should be replaced or updated.
edit on 14/8/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You must conform, its a very strong message. So conform to what?Conform to someone else’s will, why? My question is, those who seek for you to conform are they happy with their results? Do they even consider their own happiness?

The whole scheme is this:
1) Understand human fear.
2) Target fearful humans.
3) Exploit the fear of targeted humans for profit.

They are definitely happy with the results, because the results are entirely positive for them. Any losses of human life are negligible, as long as the end result is profit. Profit can be financial, political, power, whatever. As long as they gain something, they are happy with the results.

How could we conform to anything that doesn’t included general well-being for all humans?

Humans are afraid not to conform to authoritative and condescending directives.

The selfishness (self > species) of human nature ensures the "blind follower" mentality - humans become herd animals when frightened, and will run together to avoid being singled out by the wolves. Any persons who fall behind are as good as dead because none of the herd will go back to fend for them.

So are you daring enough to take off your blindfold? Cause that will always be the first step, Its never easy no matter how many times you do it. There is a way and that way is available, just don’t shout to loud.just laugh!

I don't think I've ever actually had a blindfold. I am actually a wolf. I can remember even as a child being ruthless and cunning and knowing exactly how to get people to do what I wanted them to do.

One of the things I feel the most guilt about is from the age of four: a girl in my kindergarten class was bragging about having a secret, so I cornered her with one of my friends and demanded that she tell me the secret. She refused, so I turned to my lackey, snapped my fingers (I really did snap my fingers) and told her to pinch the secret-holder until the secret came out. My friend proceeded to pinch the girl until she was crying and finally told the secret (something along the lines of getting to have a popsicle for dessert at home). Then, a teacher came along and asked why the girl was crying. I promptly ratted out my friend for pinching the girl, completely threw her under the bus, and went along with my business. The lackey later came up to me looking for praise for not tattling on me as the ringleader. I told her she'd done well.

So. I am very hard hearted by nature.

However, I choose not to act wolfishly. Instead, I try to help people to be independent and to see the world as it is, not as they have been told it is.

Do not despair, friends, there are some lone wolves who will range outside the herd and fend off attacking pack wolves.

Aww, I'm feeling all sad and ashamed now for being a jerk when I was 4... /sigh
edit on 8/14/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

join