It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Grows Human Nails All Over Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Woman Grows Human Nails All Over Body

Really wild news -
heard it on coast to coast am last night - and yea, I guess she eat too much shrimp from the gulf... yuck'
finger nail armor - ah! - genetic manipulation - GMO - I think she takes some kind of Ashma medication -'
really wild genetic issue.

.[Doctors were stunned when 28-year-old beautician Shayna Isom showed up with black fingernails growing from every hair follicle on her body. She is the only known person to suffer from this bizarre condition, which has affected her eyesight, bones and ability to walk. Doctors at Johns Hopkins University describe her condition as severe, with black scabs growing long and sticking anyone who comes near.

Shayna is a University of Memphis student and has $500,000 in unpaid medical bills because of her strange condition. While she has state insurance, her treatment is not covered at Johns Hopkins because it is out of state. Her mother also lost her job as a medical receptionist so that she could stay at home and take care of her daughter. Once a month, mother and daughter travel to Maryland so that doctors can monitor her treatment.

edit on 13-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed tag

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
wmctv local news page has pictures.

thought you all would like some pictures here is the closest source page, truly sounds terrifying.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
thats wild! i hope she gets help and gets cured. someone mentioned her getting on oprah/more exposure. if thats what it takes to call attention to this so someone can work in developing a cure then go for it. first time ever this has happened huh? seems to be related to something thats in our food and or water system and combining with her genetics and or the medications she was taking as a result of her asthma or something.
edit on 13-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I suffer from psoriasis myself, and also have asthma. I am really scared.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theinsolentfish
wmctv local news page has pictures.

thought you all would like some pictures here is the closest source page, truly sounds terrifying.

Thanks Good Guy Greg! You good sir earned a star from me.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Now her life is ruined because she got sick. 500,000 in medical bills, since she can't pay them, she'll be sued, and her credit score ruined. She won't be able to ever buy a house, car, or get any sort of loan. Her insurance won't even cover all of her prescriptions so she will suffer physically due to lack of money.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is horrible. No one knows where this disease came from? The above poster is correct, her life is ruined..... its a shame because it probably is the result of gmos and what have you..... i hope she gets some sort of assistance, or they find someway to cure her.... which i doubt because as far as i know, the medical industry, with its billions of dollars in revenue every year, has failed to cure any illness..... ever...... i could just be speaking from ignorance though..... (and no vaccines are not cures)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CMReilly86
This is horrible. No one knows where this disease came from? The above poster is correct, her life is ruined..... its a shame because it probably is the result of gmos and what have you..... i hope she gets some sort of assistance, or they find someway to cure her.... which i doubt because as far as i know, the medical industry, with its billions of dollars in revenue every year, has failed to cure any illness..... ever...... i could just be speaking from ignorance though..... (and no vaccines are not cures)

The news video indicates that it was a response to a steroid medication, not genetically modified foods. But its entirely possible that the allergic reaction has damaged the shelterin protein process, which has in turn damaged the hair follicles (these cells are exceptionally susceptible due to their rapid divisions). BUT that is an assumption.

What has medicine really done? The advent of penicillin perhaps?

top topics

join