It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jedi. We are as one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So I have been trying to provide an answer should I have to fill out a form or something or even in general chit chat when I am asked what religious beliefs I have.

I have decided that I best I identify with one that is kind of a religion since millions of people believe in it completely or to some extent. Jedi.

I swear that will be my answer from now on. I am very serious. It does make me laugh a little bit only as much as saying I am any other "formal" religion. I am Jedi. The funny thing is that there are people already around the world that actually think of the Jedi religion as theirs in all seriousness, so I am not alone. It is based on real earth religions and well people have been believing in it for years as a real faith so......

I am Jedi.

Who´s with me. Any Jedi´s here?

May the force be with you.
We are as one.

Jedi Religious Faith

The Jedi Church believes that there is one all powerful force that binds all things in the universe together. The Jedi religion is something innate inside everyone of us, the Jedi Church believes that our sense of morality is innate. So quiet your mind and listen to the force within you!

The Jedi Church recognises that there is one all powerful force that binds all things in the universe together, and accepts all races and species from all over the universe as potential members of the religion

www.jedichurch.org...

An Official Religion - Census Issues.
Make sure you answer the religion question correctly. The NZ Census bureau believe that the Jedi answer means "Response outside of scope" or "Answer understood, but will not be counted", whereas "satanism", "wican", "yoga" etc are valid answers. The sheer number of people who entered "Jedi" was a significant in the last census, approximately 20000 in NZ alone (indicative result given confidentially). I note there were more Jedi's than Assembly of God, or Jehovah's Witnesses.

In order for the Jedi church to grow, we need access to these statistics just like any other church/order. In the UK the number of people who answered Jedi, were greater than many other common Christian denominations. In fact, in the UK, 2% of people in Brighton are of the Jedi Faith.

It is not against the law to answer Jedi, you are welcome to have any faith you wish. It is the governments responsibility to accept our faith and accurately record the statistics.

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I will go along with ya!

There is even a church of the Jedi??

How does one get ordained??

May the force be with you!
edit on 13-8-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

People used to get ordained much like people are knighted (similar ceremony), but there were some nasty oopsies related to using lightsabers and losing ears...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hello brother! I also claim my religion as Jedi. Although I think the site you're linking is most likely founded by a bit more greedy Jedi as it mostly seems to be full of store and fun ways for you to call yourself a Jedi without putting in the inner work one needs to truely discover ones self, I mean no dis-respect of course.

The site that I have found to be most appealing is located here www.templeofthejediorder.org... I like the fact that they put you through a true initiates program (with homework and all) but it's worth it, the lectures they have, have truely played a deep part in my development recently.

Keep in mind to anyone who doesn't understand how we see reality. Reality is......we won't give it a word. Jedi's choose to understand that reality is........some call it God. Some call it Allah. Some call it science and some call it.....

We as Jedi understand this and don't get caught up in the semantics of the issue, we have fun with it.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, to each their own.

Instead of devoting yourself to a cheezy pop-cultural phenomoenon, why not study the deeper, authentic source upon which most of this pseudo-philosophy was based?.

Just seems that the real deal has a bit more...gravitas, I guess you might say...in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Jedi movement was started across the Tasman back in 2001. Emails went out for everyone to basically get behind the Jedi religion idea, I remember someone saying if they got more than a certain number (I think it was around 60,000) that it would be declared an actual religion. Sadly the Australian Bureau Of Statistics did not agree;

ABS recognises that people have a wide range of belief systems

If your belief system is "Jedi" then answer as such on the census form. But if you would normally answer Anglican or Jewish or Buddhist or something else to the question "what is your religion?" and for the census you answer "Jedi" then this may impact on social services provision if enough people do the same.

ABS has not issued warnings or threats to anyone

The ABS hasn't threatened anyone. We have explained the reasons for the census question on religion and the possible impacts of people providing misleading answers to this question. In this way we hope to get the willing cooperation of people in filling out the census form accurately. We have been highly successful in this regard in past censuses.

Source

It's a pity because Jedi would make for an awesome religion, and in some countires has gained more Census votes than established religions.

Australia

In Australia more than 70,000 people (0.37%) declared themselves members of the Jedi order in the 2001 census. The Australian Bureau of Statistics issued an official press release in response to media interest on the subject. The ABS announced that any answers that were Jedi-related in the religion question were to be classified as 'not defined' and stressed the social impact of making misleading or false statements on the census. An ABS spokesperson said that "further analysis of census responses has been undertaken since the release of census data on June 17 to separately identify the number of Jedi-related responses". It is believed that there is no numerical value that determines a religion per definition of the ABS, but there would need to be a belief system or philosophy as well as some form of institutional or organisational structure in place.

The 2006 census recorded 58,053 Jedi. In the 2011 census, the numbers listing their faith as Jedi had picked up from the 2006 census to 65,000

Source

Of course the ultimate question, being Australian should always be...

"Do we get a public holiday for that?"

Bring on Jedi's Day.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Lol another pseudo religion started by a sci if writer, first is the scientologists who worship aliens, now we have Jedi
Like William Shatner said....
GET A LIFE!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Lol another pseudo religion started by a sci if writer, first is the scientologists who worship aliens, now we have Jedi
GET A LIFE!!!

Actually we just wanted to do it to piss off the census board and see just how many people would actually do it. Although I never considered that link between scientology and Jediism before, although it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

He also thought going to warp when the warp drive was coupled through the phasers to allow greater charge rate and power and somehow it would allow him to fire at an incoming asteroid with phasers while in an unstable warp bubble that collapsed and was caused by his hasty jump to warp before proper calculations could be made that consequently formed a subspace wormhole that almost destroyed the enterprise A..........

and I get laid.

may the force be with you....peace and long life....and you say live long and prosper and also with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
We can be one in purpose, but not otherwise. Physically and spiritually we are separate beings.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Janadele

physically yes, spiritually we are as one. From what ocean of soul does your spirit flow?

and that is assuming that most of humanity is not one family.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
GET A LIFE!!!

Jedi is not any crazier than any other religious belief system. Before putting these people down telling them to 'get a life,' keep in mind how many people believe a virgin had a child who came back to life days after being killed...among many other ridiculous events.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'll have a look at your light saber, please, I need to reverse its technology.

I believe that one should believe nothing, and at the same time, everything. Functionnal detective-like thinking process (which is relevant for searching the truth) can only be achieved by a mind totally cleared of any belief system, but also capable of seeing every point of view without bias.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I agree.

very true.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

live long and prosper and also with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey so I got a question for yall: I'm in a band and we are called: Jesus is a Jedi... Mainly i picked this name cause I thought it sounded cool, and I was able to get the domain
www.jesusisajedi.com So anyway, my question for everyone is: Should I have named my band 'jesus is jedi' ? Did I totally mess that up? Anyway, too late to change it, but check out my music if you have a chance anyway...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janadele
We can be one in purpose, but not otherwise. Physically and spiritually we are separate beings.

That is duality and maybe you are separated from the whole. Nonduality is to move beyond that and is preached in Jedi, Buddism, Hinduism, Toltec, New Age. Sikhism and by Jesus (who hides the thruth to the people who can accept the thruth).

When you become a mystic religion is no longer as important since religon is only a view of the whole.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I wrote Jedi in the last Census.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by washingtonsghost

nah man Jesus was a Jedi master.....

the force was strong with that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

That reminds me of Peter Griffin creating the Church of the Fonz on Family Guy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join