It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event in USA on Monday, 13 August, 2012 at 02:32 a.m.???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is UTC time. Sorry admin's. Not a clue where to post this if I'm in the wrong place. Please rectify if needed. I don't know anyone from Michigan to verify this. I don't what it takes to set off 1 of these alerts. Don't really know anything about except what I found at the link posted. It's a new alert and may just not be out there yet. I'm unable to find anything else on it.
RSOE EDIS

edit on 13-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

From your link, check the description tab for information.

The Palisades nuclear plant in southwestern Michigan has been removed from service to repair what officials said is a "very small, very minor" cooling water leak.
Hope that helps, check out the other tabs for maps and other info in addition to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That wasn't there 15 minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

at the palisades nuclear power plant is one of the oldest power plants in the U.S...i thought it was shut down?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

From your link, check the description tab for information.

The Palisades nuclear plant in southwestern Michigan has been removed from service to repair what officials said is a "very small, very minor" cooling water leak.
Hope that helps, check out the other tabs for maps and other info in addition to it.

Thank you Sek82 for clarification.I'm a little further east of Southaven and glad to hear false alarm.I think living 20 miles from ground zero on 9/11 I've had my share of senseless death,thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ok, is it just me or does this sound off? This is in the description summary

Last month, Michigan health officials reminded people who live, work or visit within 10 miles of Palisades to have potassium iodide pills on hand. The pills may prevent illnesses associated with radioactive iodine should an accident occur. The Michigan Department of Community Health makes the pills available for free to people near the plant and the state's other nuclear power plants.

It sounds to me like they are hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
(clears throat) Ahem... It's a very small and very minor leak. Nothing to see here... Move along now. Oh, pay no mind to the 2 headed rats or the super size glowing spiders..that's all normal too. nothing to see now I said... Move along....

These OLD ones are just not giving that warm fuzzy feeling. Has anyone ever defined a deadline on these things for basic service life shutdown? I mean a date certain where it's off because it's simply too far beyond design life?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's a very small and very minor leak.

Oh wow THANK YOU for your wisdom and insight

The OP has every right to be worried about a nuclear emergency in their neighbourhood.

I bit of research (via goggle) reveals:

Last year, the plant had five unexpected shut downs. The plant is currently under a lengthy review by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
One of the worst situations involved a safety violation. Employees alerted management saying a procedure involving electrical circuits was not up to standards, and no one in the chain of command has made any safety changes.

Source

Nothing to see here? That make you the blind man?
edit on 13-8-2012 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Aw dammers,.... I thought michigan was a relativly safe place to be in. No eq,s tsunamis, hurricanes, volcanoes, ect.

Go figure its something manmade that makes it risker to live here.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
With all the south westerly winds that blow through Michigan, I worry about Wisconsin and Illinois with all their nuke plants. From south of Chicago to mid Wisconsin are many nuclear power plants of various ages.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

It was sarcasm. Note the eye rolling smiley in Wrabbit's post and the second paragraph questioning the wisdom of operating these old plants that were never intended to be used this long. But hey, the nuclear industry plans to drive them until the wheels fall off apparently. Have a good one everyone and keep those nuclear no no pills handy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Aw dammers,.... I thought michigan was a relativly safe place to be in. No eq,s tsunamis, hurricanes, volcanoes, ect.

Go figure its something manmade that makes it risker to live here.

Just snow. Lots of snow, LOL. (I lived there for a while)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Is it just me or have there been alot of nuclear plants going offline this year?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

You are correct maddam. At least its pretty.... Im grassping at straws really its not that great. I go into semi hibernation in the winter. I used to shovel the stuff for work so I hate it. I dont mind the cold just hate the white stuff.

Althought this winter where im at we didnt really get snow. I dont mean less than usual we actually hardly had any.

Prob to much for you tho, seeing as ur a texan and all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are correct maddam. At least its pretty.... Im grassping at straws really its not that great. I go into semi hibernation in the winter. I used to shovel the stuff for work so I hate it. I dont mind the cold just hate the white stuff.

Althought this winter where im at we didnt really get snow. I dont mean less than usual we actually hardly had any.

Prob to much for you tho, seeing as ur a texan and all.

Grew up in Illinois, moved all over the place. Texas has its problems and it does snow here occasionally but I would rather be hot than cold. (Don't have enough meat on my bones, lol)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's up the road a bit . A new company took over a few years ago and decided to make more money than spend money on people and maintance. They got rid of all the old timers and hired people that nobody else in the area would. Low wages and low experience this is what you get. The plant was nearly fully rebuilt before being sold with a new reactor dome and plumbing but now has very poor management. most locals won't work there unless they just got out of jail

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well staying on topic according to this image you made a wise choice in picking a diffrent state of residency.

helloartichokeannie.blogspot.com...

With all those dots around me my first thought was awww crap....
If the s ever does htf and it leads to loss of utilities for extended amounts of time us folks up here are kinda screwed.

So looks like you should be sittin pretty during the nuclear apocalypse, hope your in western texas.
But in the mean time enjoy your tumble weeds,cacti and hot weather lol.

Ill enjoy my great lakes,lions,fords, trees turning color in fall, and white christmases. ( you have to at least miss that)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Whoa... check yourself and drop the attitude. If you can't recognize a *HUGE* dose of sarcasm, a mid size dose of humor and a little pinch of black humor to go with it, I'm not sure how to describe these concepts.

I've well established myself in dozens of posts over time and a real focus on Fukushima in particular as someone who is as ANTI-Nuke power as a human being is likely to ever get.

You might notice the Second half of my message was 100% totally serious and not the least bit humorous.

Never did get an answer, either. I guess no one knows either way if there IS any 'Date Certain' shut down plans on ANY plants in the world based 100% strictly on time in service to date and the pure wear and tear/material fatigue that HAS to exist in all the antique ones by now.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'd get involved, but the last time I tried to dig deep for more info on a nuclear event in the USA I got a damn visit from the FBI......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Well staying on topic according to this image you made a wise choice in picking a diffrent state of residency.

helloartichokeannie.blogspot.com...

With all those dots around me my first thought was awww crap....
If the s ever does htf and it leads to loss of utilities for extended amounts of time us folks up here are kinda screwed.

So looks like you should be sittin pretty during the nuclear apocalypse, hope your in western texas.
But in the mean time enjoy your tumble weeds,cacti and hot weather lol.

Ill enjoy my great lakes,lions,fords, trees turning color in fall, and white christmases. ( you have to at least miss that)

You'd be surprised how much the Dallas area looks like the midwest. We had snow 2 years ago on Christmas AND New Years but then it turned warm a few days later. I like it because the weather is so unpredictable and the storms are fabulous!!

Stay safe and keep your eye out for all those nuke plants!

Be careful out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join