It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why not push hard for Gary Johnson?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Clearly if you're not a D or R you're going to get the short end of the stick. I have yet to see anything this guy stands by that I don't agree with. We have the rabid Ron Paul fan base out there. Why don't you all get behind Johnson? The R and D game is just insane and we all know it. They basically play ping pong doing nothing and making empty promises while answering to the money. Anybody voting for Johnson or can anyone tell me a reason not to vote for this guy? They say voting for a non D or R is throwing your vote away. Isn't it throwing your vote away to keep playing the game?

www.garyjohnson2012.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's probably because there's no "R" next to his name.

Ron Paul still identifies as a Republican, even if it's with a small "r".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

All right, I'm willing to listen to the reasons for a Johnson campaign, but I need a bit more education. Let's say I convince my whole town to vote for Johnson. Heck, say I round up 4 million votes, where does that get me? Or, where does it get Johnson? Didn't Ross Perot get about 10% of the national vote? Nobody's heard of him since.

Honestly, no tricks or sarcasm, I just don't see how it would help.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

Im tossing my vote out to Gary Johnson or Jill Stein on my birthday (same as election day), it depends who has more media attention at the time. Im 99.999% sure neither will get elected, but ill sleep better at night knowing I didnt vote for Obama or Romney.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliznut
I have yet to see anything this guy stands by that I don't agree with. We have the rabid Ron Paul fan base out there. Why don't you all get behind Johnson?
www.garyjohnson2012.com...

What seems very, extremely difficult for people to understand is that there is a convention coming up in just two weeks that will seal the Republican nominee. Though it is quite unlikely Paul will get that nomination there are a number of things that can happen there, and afterward Paul can decide to go on, call it quits, or take an independent run at the election.

I like Gary Johnson and probably have more in common with his views, and in the absence of Ron Paul he would likely be my pick. However, Paul is the stronger candidate and would most certainly do better in an independent run, unstoppable if he could secure the Republican nomination. Liberty-minded folk will have a new strategy and the whole election campaign for all parties will be shifting gears very soon.

Paul has been a threat to established authoritarian powers and you no doubt saw him being marginalized by the media during the primary season. Many are still fearful of his popularity and what an independent run could do to the balance of main-ticket voters. For that reason you see the media spotlighting third-party candidates, especially on ones that could splinter away some of Paul's supporters. Independent voters that have any hopes at all of taking the election away from the R's and D's will have to get behind one candidate, the strongest one they have when that time comes, otherwise they haven't a prayer. We can still have fun "getting the message out" but it will be Obamney who will be telling us how things are going to be.

Both of the major-party candidates are pranking us with their outlandishness now in the attempt to herd the strays into one or the other major camps. So fearful of giving Obama another four years or of the havok Romney/Ryan can play that indie voters are joining one side or the other in hopes of preventing their "worst nightmare" from capturing the Oval Office until the next elections. Either of them that are currently the prime pick for us will carry out the Big Agenda as given them and with little ad lib on their parts.

Gary Johnson is a good man. By the first of the month let's talk about him some more. Perhaps by then we will know if he is the one to get behind and send to D.C.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by sliznut

All right, I'm willing to listen to the reasons for a Johnson campaign, but I need a bit more education. Let's say I convince my whole town to vote for Johnson. Heck, say I round up 4 million votes, where does that get me? Or, where does it get Johnson? Didn't Ross Perot get about 10% of the national vote? Nobody's heard of him since.

Honestly, no tricks or sarcasm, I just don't see how it would help.

It would help just by that. Fail or not it would help to get the message public. YOU DON'T HAVE TO VOTE R OR D! Most people are just that damn stupid and/or lazy. Change isn't going to come from the top; we have to do it. Push our priorities as people and keep them in the spotlight as much as possible. Right now the R and D run the show and both suck yet nobody calls them on it. Look at the debt/deficit for example. Far right say cut spending. Far left says raise taxes. Neither will acknowledge that if you combined both those theories we'd be working our way out. I'm not saying that as some sort of endorsement, but I'm saying we NEED to break the stupid stupid stupid idea that Americans have in their heads that they either vote R or D.

top topics

join