It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100m Security System at JFK airport Breached by Stranded Jet-skier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

A stranded jet-skier seeking help effortlessly overcame the Port Authority’s $100 million, supposedly state-of-the-art security system at JFK Airport — walking undetected across two runways and into a terminal,

Yep, the guy got standed when his jet-ski conked out, so he swam to shore and walked across the airport to a terminal - Past supposed motion detectors, closed circuit cameras and alarms!

www.nypost.com...

And so many people think this is money well invested. That we are "safer" now that these state of the art security systems are in place.

The entire perimeter of New York’s JFK Airport is about 11 miles. This includes the entire facility including parking lots, private hangers and all facilities. Could a private company put an effective security perimeter around JFK for $100 million? That would be $1,722 a foot or $143 an inch.

That doesn’t include any costs of monitoring it after it is built. It is just the physical security perimeter. I’d say that any company that charged that much would be padding the bill pretty heavily, wouldn’t you?

The Port Authority of New York at the Kennedy Airport put $100 million state-of-the-art security system. It took three years longer than scheduled and seems to have some flaws.

$100 million, three years longer than planned - and it still doesn't work? Not really shocking, I guess. Kind of makes you think they're not really all that interested in protecting us from terrorists.......hmmmmmm.

therealrevo.com...

Of course, the guy got arrested and he'll be treated like a regular criminal - maybe even a domestic terrorist - all because THEIR security system failed!
edit on 12-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Why didn't he walk around the fence? He took a risk of being shot by going across a barbed-wire fence.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thats pretty damn funny...

... and sad at the same time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Airport security doesn't mean anything. We're NOT "safe" because of the measures in place in airports... Any random person of decent intelligence could decide they're going to make a bomb and blow something up, and they can carry it out without anyone having been suspicious. REAL terrorists aren't going to be hindered by an expensive fence or any other airport security measure.
There are more ways into the country than by plane. Flying is simply a convenience. Look at all of the illegal immigrants for example, or the tons and tons of illegal drugs that flow into the country on a daily basis... If we had immaculate security, they wouldn't be here.
The fact that no major incident has been successfully carried out since 9/11 (and everyone here knows the "terrorists" story is questionable) makes me suspicious that anyone is even seriously trying.

So, what's the agenda with all the "security"? Could it be... Money?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

Seriously. He can walk through that without being shot. And dad knows everything and can still cannon't be caught. So, I don't buy this TPTB.

Same chit everyday no less.

edit on 12-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

REAL terrorists aren't going to be hindered by an expensive fence or any other airport security measure.

So true, even if those security measures actually work! And yes, alas, it's all about the money.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of pictures i've seen of "internment camps" where the top wires lean inwards. As opposed to normal security where the top wires extend outwards.

Makes you wonder whether the security is for the people inside or outside.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I love this place... Where else could you find such a plethora of deluded, paranoid people?

Think he might have been arrested for criminal trespass?
"Oh no, he will be arrested for showing a flaw in the system" - GFTO with that.... This isn't the terminator movie.

He climbed an 8 foot fence that CLEARLY stated NO TRESPASSING - He even admitted seeing the signs. He thought he would get a free pass, since to him he was in an emergency situation.....

Tell that to the 248 dead passengers, when his trespassing kills others. What....... I cant make a leap to an airplane accident? The stance of most members commenting on this are a complete leap in logic and common sense, so why can't we all just assume?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
they need to THROW about 500 trillion at it then it might be safe.....no Americans will get in or out of it without a much needed de-sassing and molest fest.

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why would you think he risked getting shot?,I worked at airport,most that would happen would be him being detained and briefed by TSA and Homeland Security,they don't arbitrarily shot people,at least not in So Cal

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We should hire him to climb into Area 51

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

lol, yea lets sign him up. I always wondered what would happen if 10,000 people marched into Area 51. Would they just shoot them all? Or arrest them all ? Or what?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just an update - The local news is all over this story, but the basic slant is "Wow we're Still vulnerable to terrorists"

Nothing about what a colossal waste of money this was!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What a waste of money,

I am often amazed that a large event is not blown up. It is what true terrorists would do if they wanted to create true terror instead of making money or ratcheting up security under the guise of protection!
This sort of thing pushes me to not fear terrorist but my own government more…I mean how much more do they need to spend or how many more security cameras or guards do they need? Or do they need to just let it go and we will fight for our own security!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They better drop those ridiculous charges.

Stranded at sea, swam ashore, wandered through empty nothingness looking for civilization........trespassing, go to jail.

Seriously?

The arrest is more about the government and the authorities being all butt-hurt their super-duper defense grid got plastered all over national news are patently useless than it is about upholding any law.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't know if it will help, but regular public sentiment is definitely running in Mr. jet-skier's favor. A lot of comments that he should actually be rewarded for exposing this.

As Nicholas Casale, a retired detective with the NYPD, and former deputy security director for counter terrorism for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority put it, "I think he should be given dinner and a bottle of champagne for showing us our faults."

www.examiner.com...

new topics

top topics

join