It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Temp Drop for Montana and Wyoming on Thurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Rocky Mountain Range...is colder...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
FROM TEXAS....when i was a child the hottest was 85"c now the hot is 107'c well thats just the temp .because plus the drougth and the wind relation feels like 120'c,if you just happend to be outside.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
FROM TEXAS....when i was a child the hottest was 85"c now the hot is 107'c well thats just the temp .because plus the drougth and the wind relation feels like 120'c,if you just happend to be outside.

like you i don't remember it getting over 100 regularly in the summer.

according to my weather source it will be 6 degrees cooler by the weekend and that sounds good to me. i'm sure it won't stay that way since the beginning of september can be brutal.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seems to have indeed been a glitch.

Thanks for those on ground who checked their weather to determine this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Darn, I was hoping this would come through. I live outside of Stanley Idaho. We are consistently the coldest place in the lower 48 in both summer and winter. I've lived in the northern Rockies for 38 years and I've seen it snow in every month of the year. Summers are short here, but the blessing is I've never had to have AC. While the rest of the continent swelters it never gets much above 90 at the worst here, and then it drops into 40s at night even then! Yes winters are long and harsh, but I have learned to hibernate

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie
Darn, I was hoping this would come through. I live outside of Stanley Idaho. We are consistently the coldest place in the lower 48 in both summer and winter. I've lived in the northern Rockies for 38 years and I've seen it snow in every month of the year. Summers are short here, but the blessing is I've never had to have AC. While the rest of the continent swelters it never gets much above 90 at the worst here, and then it drops into 40s at night even then! Yes winters are long and harsh, but I have learned to hibernate

Sounds like here where I am somewhat.

It doesn't often get above 80F in the summer, though today it is 86F. Probably in the top 3 for hottest this year. From mid November it starts the descent from 30F, and by January until mid April it usually sticks around 10F to 25F. I've learned to adjust as well and sort of enjoy it some months. I find it a lot easier to think during winter unless it's one of those nights resting around -5F.

With that said, I do appreciate the warm days quite a bit.
edit on 14/8/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I actually have fans going in the GH to cool off my plants..lol

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I've noticed in the last 3 yrs Montana seems to be having extremes. The snow 2yrs ago...flooding...now the heat....

EQ next? lol we just had one in the W. part of state.

Anyways....I love seeing all those from Montana in here. I didn't think anyone in mt was awake...lol

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I predicted a great change in the weather and other events occurring on the 16 th , 17th and 18th of August 2012 simply by knowing that the New Moon of the 6th month (of the Lunar Calendar ) always brings on at least 3 weeks of calamities ,great changes(upheavals ) ,start of war,etc. . Two weeks after the Perseid Meteor Shower from August 12, 2012 will show increase of upper-respiratory infections and long-lasting colds. On your job you will experience more episodes of "bad luck" for one month counting from Thursday, august 16th, 2012. Everybody will. The first day of The 6th lunar month (usually always in Aug-Sept ) will give a "False Fall Weather Period". Then, when the Seventh Month comes (Sept 17th, 2012 ) , the weather will get hot again in Canada. September has always been hot and humid. Schools open especially after Labor Day in the US and this aggravates the colds and infections(Flu infections). It's the particles filtering down from the perseid meteor shower two week later which get breathed in. The 6th month is measured from the first month(Nisin) occurring in end of March to late April during any year.( Time in the Holy Bible is kept by the Moon: see Leviticus and Deuteronomy ). This Lunar Calendar I'm using is also kept by todays Jews. The sixth month is before the seventh month . Where I live (near Philadelphia, PA) when the first day of the seventh month(measured by the Ist-seen crescent in the Western Sky comes, ~Sept 17th , an abrupt change to the better ,in the air, takes place and you start getting more "Good Luck", after Sept. 17th.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Interesting that you say this.

On the 15th the weather changed quite a bit. After a full day of 30C weather, by nightfall we were having a brisk 10C cool air that has persisted and continues still. Far too cold without a coat in the evenings and in the early hours. Certainly turned my head since the days have been above 20C for over a month.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Its the N.W. I have seen snow on 4th of july here in montana, stand under falling snow and watch the fireworks, quite a interesting show.
Cold snaps are not unusual at all, and its getting that time of year where they start happening more often,
our summers are short.

Nice to see so many from MT in here, I use to live in GF, years ago, moved over by zoo town now. The wind in GF drove me nuts, so glad to get away from it, other than that it was a great town to live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join