It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian "Rebels" Slaughtering Civilians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't know why most people pick one definitive 'good' side and one 'bad' one. They either argue:

a) Assad is evil, rebels are good.
b) Rebels are evil, Assad is good.

Very close-minded.

When NATO went into Libya - Hague, Hillary and all said it was because Qaddafi threatened to "go from home to home" crushing the opposition. Meanwhile, the Syrian government was actually doing it. They did it for a year before any sort or organised rebellion really took shape. Back when the 'international community' still had the power to do something, for so long, they were busy discussing when to hold their next discussions. Annan was a joke, the UN was a joke, it was all one disgusting, massive joke - with the Syrian public on the receiving end.

Nobody wanted a piece of it, so they played the waiting game until they could sit back in their chairs and say "look theyre both as bad as eachother, they need to work this out for themselves". Now that this has happened, suddenly they want to get in on the action. So they fund and arm militia groups, many of whom undoubtedly terrorists, and make it even worse. Some bloody 'international community'.

Internally, when soldiers first started defecting, forming the 'rebel' forces - their main responsibility was protecting the protestors and civilians that the government forces had been brutally and systematically torturing, murdering and intimidating. There was something quite heroic about the defected soldiers, tired of killing their brothers and sisters, putting themselves and their loved ones at risk to do the right thing.

However, now the situation is such a mess. There's so many parties involved, both internal and external, that there does not seem to be anyone actually working for the Syrian people - the victims in the first place. Now it's a massive power struggle, one based on sectarian conflict, international manipulation and general power lust.

I don't know who would be best for Syria, nor can I see any favourable outcome of this conflict. I had a barber from Aleppo, I remember he went back for a holiday last summer. Though some parts of the country were having serious problems, Aleppo was fine. Now the whole country seems to be a horrible, vicious mess. If its not government massacres, its 'rebel' revenge massacres, or false flag massacres, propaganda massacres. One big bloodbath.

All I can tell you is this - I'm damned fortunate that I'm not a Syrian living in Syria right now and my thoughts rest with its civilians, the ones caught in the middle of this horrible stain on human history.
edit on 13-8-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

No one here stated Assad is good.But yes there are those 'rebels' are good propagandists here.

Internally, when soldiers first started defecting,

The syrians told me that this is FSA propaganda allegations and hoaxes.They also told me that terrorists have made Assad more popular than ever. And most protests in Syria before the terrorist disturbances started were anti-corruption protests.Not even the peaceful Anti-Assad protesters support the killings of syrians by these terrorists AND THEY NEVER SUPPORTED THAT THESE VIOLENT OUTSIDERS POISING AS DEFECTORS.One of my friends was strongly anti-assad due to corruption but the terrorism made him pro-Assad for a short while and now he wants Syria to be part of Russian Federation as according to him that is the only way safety can be guaranteed,his cousin's wife is russian and his family has left Syria for Russia.His son happens to remain behind and has joined the syrian army to defend his homeland from Al qaeda terrorists.And FYI he's is an Hanafi Sunni muslim(sub sect of sunnis).

edit on 13-8-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

No one here stated Assad is good.

Well I've certainly seen the odd fringe nutter present him as an anti-illimunati champion.

The syrians told me that this is FSA propaganda allegations and hoaxes.

So I assume that by 'the Syrians' you mean every single Syrian in the world? Early defections were definitely legit, just think about it. In Egypt - the army refused to open fire on its civilians. No doubt this was helped by orders from generals, who knew their soldiers would probably refuse to do so.

What makes you think Syrian soldiers would be more willing to murder? Because of sectarian divisions? Nay. There's no denying the early violent oppression of peaceful protestors. Some people were bound to get sick of it.

In the rest of your post, you seem to be calling me out on stuff I didn't say in the first place. Odd. Please refrain from misrepresenting what I wrote.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How are these type of videos even still on youtube

These people ain't happy unless they are covered in blood. but hey not all of them want this do they? instead they would just like to Film it and gather round to celebrate..

Allahu Akbar "God is greater" huh? great at letting people kill each other?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
All I can tell you is this - I'm damned fortunate that I'm not a Syrian living in Syria right now and my thoughts rest with its civilians, the ones caught in the middle of this horrible stain on human history.

There are those of us that remember the beginnings in Iraq.

And how western democracy at the barrel of a gun has destroyed their society forever.

Yes this is sad, don't ignore the lessons of history.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well I've certainly seen the odd fringe nutter present him as an anti-illimunati champion.

huh?? and you can easily be termed as MSM sheeple

So I assume that by 'the Syrians' you mean every single Syrian in the world? Early defections were definitely legit, just think about it. In Egypt - the army refused to open fire on its civilians. No doubt this was helped by orders from generals, who knew their soldiers would probably refuse to do so.

You do know that Reuters and Al Jazeera have been lying since the start. I was in Deraa when the civil disturbances started and I know what I am talking about.Also I had a business before in Syria so what the hell are you blabbering about?

What makes you think Syrian soldiers would be more willing to murder? Because of sectarian divisions? Nay. There's no denying the early violent oppression of peaceful protestors. Some people were bound to get sick of it.

Syrians don't hack arms and limbs.Thats a trait of the Salafis and is a signature mark .The same happened to Kashmiri pandits , Serbs,Libyans and now Syrians.And a little surprise is that a lot of these 'posers' have salafi beards which is a red flag.

Most peaceful protests in Syria were anti-corruption and Assad govt had been under considerable pressure to yield.Any such killings would have led easily to a Coup in the Baath Party .Assad is corrupt ,but he's not a fool .

Al Jazeera, the Israeli and Lebanese press confirm that "the protesters" had burned the headquarters of the Baath Party and the court house in Daraa in mid-March, while at the same time claiming that the demonstrations were "peaceful". Terrorists have infiltrated the civilian protest movement. Similar acts of arson were carried out in late July in Hama. Public buildings including the Court House and the Agricultural Bank were set on fire. This insurgency is directed against the secular State. Its ultimate object is political destabilization and regime change. The hit squads of armed gunmen are involved in terrorist acts directed against both Syrian forces and civilians. Civilians who support the government are the object of threats and intimidation. Pro-government civilians are also the object of targetted assassination by armed gunmen: In Karak, a village near Dara’a, Salafis forced villagers to join anti-government protests and remove photos of President Assad from their homes. Witnesses reported that a young Muslim man who refused to remove a photo was found hanged on his front porch the next morning. “People want to go out and peacefully ask for certain changes, but Muslim Salafi groups are sneaking in with their goal, which is not to make changes for the betterment of Syria, but to take over the country with their agenda,” (International Christian Concern (ICC), May 4, 2011, emphasis added)
www.globalresearch.ca...

What the media shows as army killing peaceful protestors is more of rebels killing peaceful civilians.n Karak, a village near Dara’a, Salafis forced villagers to join anti-government protests and remove photos of President Assad from their homes. Witnesses reported that a young Muslim man who refused to remove a photo was found hanged on his front porch the next morning.

Not only that the salafis are given fake syrian ids to enable easier infiltration.So think about this ,if outsiders are given fake syrian ids and they poise as defectors/syrian citizens and media propagates this nonsense how the hell media can be trusted?

urkey, Al-Qabas newspaper reported yesterday, citing the fighters’ relatives. The daily said that “dozens of Kuwaitis have crossed the Turkish-Syrian border with the aim of fighting alongside the FSA against Syrian regime forces”. Relatives of the fighters said they were in contact with them and that “there are large groups from Saudi Arabia, Algeria and Pakistan” ready to join the uprising against President Bashar Al-Assad’s regime that broke out in March last year. According to the paper, the volunteers are given Fake Syrian IDs as a precautionary measure in case they are arrested, before they are armed and sent to fight in different locations across the troubled country.
www.abna.ir...
www.arabtimesonline.com...

And FYI most fighters are Pakistani,Saudi,Tunisian or Moroccan. Not Syrian .Like I said before what media is showing is half truths and myths these days.
edit on 13-8-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I never called for intervention. I'm from the region, I know about Iraq all too well and was also highly critical of NATO's war on Libya.

But the 'international community' could've done a hell of a lot more in the way of diplomacy, and certainly shouldn't be doing all they can now to stroke internal conflict. My post was really a way of pointing out how the civilians are getting screwed from almost every direction.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Once again, please don't misrepresent what I've written, or make ignorant assumptions.

You do know that Reuters and Al Jazeera have been lying since the start.

When did I ever reference Reuters or Al Jazeera? I didn't.

Perhaps you've misunderstood my stance, but I'm not going to repeat it.

'MSM sheeple' indeed, lol good one.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

I am not misrepresenting.What media shows is lies these days.I remember Reuters narrative about the 'peaceful protestors' in Deraa lol . Peaceful?? what a joke.Those guys were armed to the teeth and were killing people who dared not knowtow to their whims and fancies.

And what media do ? Called them peaceful protestors and 'syrian army' defectors.... Lol.What a joke..What a #ing joke. If I am alive today ,its due to the ingenuity of my Uzbek business partner who rammed into the rebel checkpoint with his SUV. He happened to be a former Paratrooper from the Afghan war and if it were not for him and his fighting skills,I would be without limbs and dead.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

My post was really a way of pointing out how the civilians are getting screwed from almost every direction.

Yeah, that's the bottom line.

Sad that these Syrian "rebels" are slaughtering civilians, and still being supported by western governments and media.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

“Nasty business war is. “

Indeed, but this has nothing to do with war. This has everything to do with human barbarism of the worst kind.
I don't care who is who in those videos, even war has its rules and soldiers have a code of conduct, But this is a war crime and a crime against humanity.

For those claiming the US is behind the rebels, remember who 'drew first blood' against unarmed civilians in peaceful protests. This is what brought the US to call Assad to stop killing innocents, and this is what brought president Assad to say – in one of the dumbest replies I've ever heard – that he has no control over his armed forces. (Barbara Walters's interview)
At present time, even the US is baffled on who is doing what, but to claim that it's all the doing of the CIA \ MI6 \ Mossad______ (fill in the blank) while exonerating Iran, Hezbollah, terrorist organizations, or even the Syrians themselves, is beyond stuipd.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by harryhaller

But the 'international community' could've done a hell of a lot more in the way of diplomacy, and certainly shouldn't be doing all they can now to stroke internal conflict. My post was really a way of pointing out how the civilians are getting screwed from almost every direction.

Who the hell are the international community? When Hilary says that, do you actually believe she is referring to, me and you? How can that pig speak for the world when she wouldn't even know 98% of the population? Even the leaders of the countries she speaks of wouldn't know the majority of their citizens opinions..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It's so easy to judge others isn't it?

Suppose somebody broke into your home raped and tortured then executed your family. (I know it's a horrible thought.)

Then at some point you had a chance to toss the son of a bitch off a roof or out the window of some building.

Would you do it?
no I wouldn't,I'd rather do it slowly like the guy in the Saw films.it seems to be a politician you have to be a physco.looks like all western governments who support these terrorists are indeed terrorists/physcos themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
For those claiming the US is behind the rebels,

The US is behind the rebels, so anything the rebels do, like killing anyone who doesn't agree with them, makes the US complicit in war crimes. Again.

And if you think that response was "dumb" ... well please explain your experience with heading an independant country in the middle east that is not indebted to the world bank?

Oh, i see ....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nuke 'em from space..It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by cavalryscout

“Nasty business war is. “

For those claiming the US is behind the rebels, remember who 'drew first blood' against unarmed civilians in peaceful protests. This is what brought the US to call Assad to stop killing innocents, and this is what brought president Assad to say – in one of the dumbest replies I've ever heard – that he has no control over his armed forces. (Barbara Walters's interview)

I saw that interview and I believe I remember it a little different.
He said he does not control the military, it is not his military, but the Syrian peoples military,

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Americanist

Actually, a year ago I watched an unarmed civilian with his jaw completely shot off by the Syrian Army bleed out. Who are the bad guys again?

Actually I don't think the conflict in Syria was even happening a year ago. And perhaps you would like to share a link to that clip. I've asked on numerous threads numerous times for video proof of the Syrian regime committing the so called horrendous acts of violence they are accused of, but no one has fulfilled any of my requests yet. The best they can provide is witness testimony, which is flimsy at best. Yet here we have numerous pieces of video evidence which show how cruel and heartless the so called rebels are, which vastly outweigh a single video which I doubt you'll be able to dig up anyway.
edit on 13/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

My neighbours return to Zaidal village in Homs, Syria every July to see their aging parents..... last year they were chased down the street and shot at by these foreign rebels whilst their community were returning home from their church services yet it was the Syrian military who rescued and protected them from being killed. A curfew lockdown was needed to prevent the rebels entering the village at night on their murdering rampage. The streets were patrolled by the Syrian military to protect the citizens from these foreign rebels and have been for well over a year now.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There are many video in Iranian news sites :

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

You know what there is in those movies , violence.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
hello! i'm from the uk.

my government is sending 5 million pounds to help the rebels overthrow their government.

international law says it is illegal to fund a group that is trying to overthrow a legitamate government.

my government supports breaking international law.

THE U.K. GOVERNMENT IS SUPPORTING TERRORISM.

and by using my tax pounds, i'm inadvertantly supporting terrorism too!

Thank you david cameron, thank you for making me a war criminal.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by intrptr

You make sense and I'm sure you are correct about most of what you claim.

You guys make it sound like Assad is this fabulous person and all Syrians were happy with their government. Obviously not the case.

Why are so many officials from the Syrian regime defecting? I don't have a list but I know at least one diplomat resigned and a lot of his military officers and enlisted soldiers have changed sides. How do you explain that?

Sorry for the delay. Not elevating Assad one bit. This movement we call "the arab spring" (mid east occupy?) runs through many middle eastern countries. We have witnessed some countries attempts to throw off the yoke of oppression in ongoing struggle. There is a vast difference the way Egypt is handling it and the way it has turned out in Libya for instance.

People within Egypt don't have to contend with outside forces seeking "Regime change" by aggressive military force. Even thought there is conflict and death, it remained on a civil level in Egypt for the most part. Contrast that with Libya and now Syria and the difference is enormous. Both populations are unhappy. The people in Syria are being butchered by "militants" who have hijacked any hope for a more peaceful process like in Egypt.

That is by design. That is guerrilla warfare. If you want to overthrow a government, then you must have the support of the people. You make them afraid to resist and willing to fight the government to relieve the pressure from both sides.

People will run from both sides and to both sides. Thats the nature of fear. Look at these videos. They are broad daylight, in the open, brutal murders designed to scare people out of their wits. And cause more mayhem as the government tanks ride to the rescue, shooting up the city. Most Syrians are running alright. Have you googled Syrian Refugees? They aren't defecting, they are fleeing...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join