It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian "Rebels" Slaughtering Civilians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Americanist

Actually, a year ago I watched an unarmed civilian with his jaw completely shot off by the Syrian Army bleed out. Who are the bad guys again?

Actually I don't think the conflict in Syria was even happening a year ago. And perhaps you would like to share a link to that clip. I've asked on numerous threads numerous times for video proof of the Syrian regime committing the so called horrendous acts of violence they are accused of, but no one has fulfilled any of my requests yet. The best they can provide is witness testimony, which is flimsy at best. Yet here we have numerous pieces of video evidence which show how cruel and heartless the so called rebels are, which vastly outweigh a single video which I doubt you'll be able to dig up anyway.
edit on 13/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

It's roughly a year old now. My how time flies. Browse youtube and type in the search terms... Syrian jaw shot. I remember footage from the street along with several more being mowed down. As far as you asking... Not something anyone would want to put on display really.

(no offense to the OP).
edit on 13-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by cavalryscout

That video shows nothing except a recording of the conflict, the assumed fight between rebel forces and government forces. A natural result of a government trying to defend its self from overthrow by terrorist forces. There is no massacring of citizens, no raping of children, no other ridiculous activity claimed to have been perpetrated by the Syrian regime.

This is what I said in my post:

Your opinion seems one sided. Don't you think all the shelling the Syrian army has done killed innocents?

I showed you videos of shelling. I doubt if all the people injured by the artillery are "terrorists".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I showed you videos of shelling. I doubt if all the people injured by the artillery are "terrorists".

No most likely not all the people injured were rebels. However the video description clearly states that they were rebel held areas, so it's highly unlikely there would be a high number of civilians in that area. But my point was it shows nothing related to direct and premeditated acts of cruelty and violence against innocent citizens for no distinct reason, as is claimed of the regime.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

That video shows nothing except a recording of the conflict, the assumed fight between rebel forces and government forces. A natural result of a government trying to defend its self from overthrow by terrorist forces. There is no massacring of citizens, no raping of children, no other ridiculous activity claimed to have been perpetrated by the Syrian regime.

This is what I said in my post:

Your opinion seems one sided. Don't you think all the shelling the Syrian army has done killed innocents?

The Syrian forces claimed copyright infringement on the close-ups. You know, for the cell phones and cameras that didn't take any shrapnel.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No most likely not all the people injured were rebels. However the video description clearly states that they were rebel held areas, so it's highly unlikely there would be a high number of civilians in that area. But my point was it shows nothing related to direct and premeditated acts of cruelty and violence against innocent citizens for no distinct reason, as is claimed of the regime.

When common sense doesn't work... Resort to humor.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I've asked on numerous threads numerous times for video proof of the Syrian regime committing the so called horrendous acts of violence they are accused of, but no one has fulfilled any of my requests yet. The best they can provide is witness testimony, which is flimsy at best. Yet here we have numerous pieces of video evidence which show how cruel and heartless the so called rebels are,

How do you know that this video was not showing Assad's secret police killing rebels?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I did a search using your suggested terms and the first video is extremely disturbing (I can see why you wouldn't embed that here). However I'm not sure if it's the correct one, because it doesn't show a shooting or any proof of who did the shooting, it just shows the result of someone who had their jaw shot off. So if that wasn't the one just provide a link to the video you are talking about if you manage to find it.

link   

Originally posted by spoor

I've asked on numerous threads numerous times for video proof of the Syrian regime committing the so called horrendous acts of violence they are accused of, but no one has fulfilled any of my requests yet. The best they can provide is witness testimony, which is flimsy at best. Yet here we have numerous pieces of video evidence which show how cruel and heartless the so called rebels are,

How do you know that this video was not showing Assad's secret police killing rebels?

He/ she doesn't... Infiltration is a standard practice for war. Again, someone's clearly not using 'street smarts' to size up the situation.

link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Okay but I doubt as the soldiers were raping and torturing they were taking time out to pose for videos to be posted on YT.

Back to the main video how do you know those were rebels throwing men off the building?
Like most I assume they were but I know for a fact that was the Syrian army firing tanks into neighborhoods.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I did a search using your suggested terms and the first video is extremely disturbing (I can see why you wouldn't embed that here). However I'm not sure if it's the correct one, because it doesn't show a shooting or any proof of who did the shooting, it just shows the result of someone who had their jaw shot off. So if that wasn't the one just provide a link to the video you are talking about if you manage to find it.

If I find it after I get off work tomorrow, I'll PM you... I bookmarked 3-4 videos from early on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Am I the only one thinking its a bit strange you're looking up snuff videos?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

My original point is and has been nobody outside of Syria knows what's really happening.

What is occurring in Syria right now is the same thing I watched happen in Vietnam. Replace Free Syria Army with Viet Cong and you have the same guerrilla conflict. It is lo level and brutal but determined and focused. Any guerrilla insurgency that makes war on the people of a country is really trying to provoke a heavy handed response from the military. This causes even more bloodshed which then can be used as evidence to show that the government is evil and needs to go.

These guys with AKs are not attacking the military here, they are murdering innocent civilians in order to instill fear in the population and provoke the Syrian government and you. These men are using a minimum amount of force (small arms and cameras) to generate the biggest response.

See how it angers you? See how it generates a cry that, "Something must be done"? We must invade and bomb them like all the rest of the evil empires in the middle east, right? Thats what the MSM is calling for. And the American Gov.

Wait though... the country doing all the invading and overthrow of nations... aren't they the evil empire? Posing as the good guys?

I think if the U.N. had been allowed to intervene a lot of this crap could have been prevented.

Theres that word intervene again. It is a disguise for invasion and destruction. It is the beginning of much worse events and many more deaths. We are trying to find the excuse to invade, we don't care about helping people there. We want to conquer them.

If I remember correctly the countries who vetoed the action are China and Russia but somehow America is to blame?

Right they vetoed this time. Because last time in Libya , we used all that gentle, helpful sounding talk of intervention, no fly zones and humanitarian corridors as the precursor for full blown destruction of Libya's infrastructure, military and government. We deceived them about our intentions in the beginning and then expanded beyond the mandate given by the UN. They won't be fooled again about that. Russia and China have "interests" there as well and thats why they so far have vetoed all attempts to do the same thing to Syria (and then Iran).

They vetoed further "intervention" to prevent more war. I think that the US is waiting till after elections in November to just go ahead and invade. Obama can ill afford to have another unpopular war on his hands right now if he wants to be reelected. After November, watch out. The military has been building in the area for this and will care less who is in the white house.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You make sense and I'm sure you are correct about most of what you claim.

You guys make it sound like Assad is this fabulous person and all Syrians were happy with their government. Obviously not the case.

Why are so many officials from the Syrian regime defecting? I don't have a list but I know at least one diplomat resigned and a lot of his military officers and enlisted soldiers have changed sides. How do you explain that?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

what are you doing SHHHHH!

It's the evil army that wants to stop people from throwing their country into chaos.....err..see what you did, now I am doing it. I meant it is the glorious and brave freedom fighters who are reminiscent of the Contras, or al-Qaida, fighting the MAN! Yeah!

Dirty government forces they did this. they are the evil ones....yes...evil ones....the rebels are good.
They fight DA MAN......
edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You guys make me laugh.

You all sit on your high horses making judgements about people you know nothing about.

As somebody else stated how do you know this is Syria? How do you know this isn't from Libya, Iraq, or some other god forsaken place?

You all talk about how brainwashed most Americans are by the msm but you are just a bunch of hypocrites!
You see some random video posted on YT telling you what is happening and you automatically take it for face value no questions asked?

I am very disappointed........I expected more from ATS.

You got a lot of balls insulting everyone on ATS. Let's consider the fact you sat in this very thread making up your own stupid proposals, trying to sway people to your way of thinking. You scoffed at the idea of this being Syrian rebels, then proposed it was somehow justified because they were killing "soldiers" or supposedly "officials in civvies".

So when you feel you're not making enough waves, you just want to fling your arms up like a child, and run away screaming at everyone?
edit on 13-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

what are you doing....the programming is not yet complete, how could this be like any other western intervention where a sovereign government was over thrown. If they say the leader is an evil man let's just say he is ok. How else can we destabilize the region for our allies?

EVERYONE is evil unless our news outlets say different. Ok?

I am very disappointed in people not believing that everyone we go after is evil and a boogey man....OK?
Very disappointed.

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

You make sense and I'm sure you are correct about most of what you claim.

You guys make it sound like Assad is this fabulous person and all Syrians were happy with their government. Obviously not the case.

Why are so many officials from the Syrian regime defecting? I don't have a list but I know at least one diplomat resigned and a lot of his military officers and enlisted soldiers have changed sides. How do you explain that?

I explain it with logic. The writing is on the wall, and they don't want to be hung, or face a far worse fate at the hands of the rebels.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Who said we support this sh**?

Who said we were talking about YOU are any other average American citizen? We are talking about the American Government, along with other Western Governments, whom clearly have been funding and supporting these terrorists and lying to their citizens to hide their atrocious activities.

No, but i get tired of being stereotyped whenever someone says "you americans".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I didn't run away.

It's almost time for me to say goodnight and I was going to apologize for losing my temper..........but now I won't.
Your post reminded me why I said what I said.

I would hope it was obvious I was talking about members on this thread with whom I was debating. If you don't realize that then I can't help you. (but you may need help.)

Have a good night.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by closerseemsfurther
Anybody notice what the people are yelling as they murder? "Allahu Akbar!" Everybody's favorite religion of peace... Islam.

I have to admit that I couldn't really make out what they where yelling.
Are they Muslims because they are middle eastern? or is there something I missed in religion class at school which identifies them as Muslims?

Could they be Middle eastern Christians? or maybe even Jedi?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join