It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney would pay less than 1% in taxes under Ryan plan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Post edited

I'll add more links even:

thecomingdepression.blogspot.com...
The Great 401(K) Scam

blogs.reuters.com...
Why 401(k) plans will fall short for most Americans

www.wsws.org...
The 401(k) scam: How American workers have been robbed of their retirement benefits

Add in the scam involving HFT where the banks nip a little out of everyone's money on each transaction and it is no surprises these thieves are ahead of everyone else.

Originally posted by timetothink
Speaking of stealing.........rules of this site require you to cite your sources....

there is alot of quoting with no credit given to the websites. FYI

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

LIE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OVER $200,000

Individual Taxes

America’s individual tax code applies relatively high marginal tax rates on a narrow tax base. Those high rates discourage work and entrepreneurship, as well as savings and investment. With 54 percent of private sector workers employed outside of corporations, individual rates also define the incentives for job-creating businesses. Lower marginal tax rates secure for all Americans the economic gains from tax reform.

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates
Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate the Death Tax
Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

www.mittromney.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
woe is me

he is so rich, and i have nothing.

well try harder.

good night class warriors.

Typical lame hyperbole!!

It's not class warfare! It's JUSTICE for the American Working Man that doesn't get the special privileges of the elite with their tax lawyers, accountants and loopholes to avoid paying what the middle class has to.

If there is class warfare its against the middle class working man taxing him unfairly while the super wealthy get a pass.
edit on 12-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is a link to Romney's 2010 tax return.

Can someone please detail the return and show exactly what numbers change under the hypothetical "Ryan" rates.

Romney 2010 Tax 1040

maybe we have some accountants with us today?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Because if no-one pays any taxes, then when it comes crashing down, the dollar will be worthless, and these thieves at the top will loose everything, while most everyone else have little to loose. Unless you have a better suggestion, short of a revolution to get these criminals out of our government and those in bed with them.

I am sick and tired of our government being run by Mega Corporate and Financial Whores, that get to write their own rules and regulations, which crush the small and medium business's and that are playing with working American Lives for their own personal gain, rather than for the best interests of all American's. Then scum like Mitt Romney comes along and buys up these small companies for pennies on the dollar that his corporate legislative writing whores help create to get rid of the competition.

Originally posted by ColCurious

Originally posted by jacobe001
I left out the % sign.
If Romney the government politician is only going to pay 1%, then I think the whole country should follow the politicians lead and only pay 1% taxes.
I paid 17% of my income last year, while these crooks pay almost 0%.

Perhaps noone should pay taxes and we'll all be happy.

Perhaps you should take a look at Greece. Paying no taxes worked out brilliant for them.

If nodobdy would pay taxes, then who would pay for... you know... everything?
Who would pay for roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, defense, healthcare, social programs etc?

I'm not saying only the middle class should pay for all these things, but I sometimes wonder what you guys think where all the neat stuff comes from...

edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Do not threaten me BUBBA.....I can support whoever I want....you cannot tell me to get off the site....

Take your anger away from me if you can't talk like an adult.

Everything you have said is wrong, not backed by fact and written out of jealousy of those with more money than you....to bad for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I don't know where you heard that...they paid a ton of taxes and pay even more now...

January 2007 From 1.1.2007 Greece's new corporate tax rate is 25% (previous rate-29%). Individual income tax rates for 2007 are progressive, 15%, 29%, 39% and 40% fore income over EUR 75,001

May 2012 . The corporate income tax rate in 2012 is 20%. Personal income tax rates vary from 18% to 45%. The standard VAT rate in Greece for 2012 is 23%.

www.worldwide-tax.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Because if no-one pays any taxes, then when it comes crashing down, the dollar will be worthless, and these thieves at the top will loose everything, while most everyone else have little to loose.

Everyone else has little to lose except their lives.

Sacrificing the U.S. economy, the USD and the whole GFS in the process, only to hurt your top 1% seems a bit drastic to me.
Besides, they are probably better prepared for a crash than your average middle class citizen.
You know that millions around the world would suffer and/or die for this, right?

Unless you have a better suggestion, short of a revolution to get these criminals out of our government and those in bed with them.

Yeah, ban and ostracize lobbyism and exercise genuine democratic elections for starters.
Then nominate and vote for real representatives, based on their competence, not looks or popularity.
edit on 12-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Lobbying HAS to be outlawed....

everyone complains about what the rich get away with, but they forget most of it is legal.....so change the laws....don't beat up the people taking advantage of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

That's the tax rates they should pay.

According to Nikos Lekkas, head of the Greek tax authority investigation SDOE:
"[...]general tax evasion in Greece reached 12 to 15 percent of the gross national product.
That is 40 to 45 billion € annually.
If we could collect half of the evaded taxes, Greece could solve her problems."

Originally posted by timetothink

Lobbying HAS to be outlawed....

everyone complains about what the rich get away with, but they forget most of it is legal.....so change the laws....don't beat up the people taking advantage of it.

Exactly!

edit on 12-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I think most of us would be happy to send them the IRS for awhile....

I think they studied with the KGB...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Listen, Mitt Romney gets paid on his investments, so he earns interest, dividends, and capital gains on these investments, assuming the investments turn profitable. This income differs from the average Joe that earns a salary.

What the Ryan Plan is attempting to do is to encourage and stimulate investment in the economy. That's why he is cutting the tax rates on investment earnings (capital gains, interest, and dividends). This investment in the economy will help stimulate job growth.

If I have a million dollars, and I can invest here in the United States and get taxed to death, or I can invest in China who has effectively no tax rate on interest, dividends, and capital gains, where do you think I am going to invest my money?

We live in a global economy. Not only do corporations have to compete, but actual countries and governments have to compete with other countries with favorable tax rates to attract capital to help grow their country's economy.

You simply cannot compare taxation on salaried income versus investment income. It's like two entirely different worlds.

We need to encourage investment, not tax investments. It's a regressive tax code and the Ryan Plan is trying to address this by encouraging investment in our country's economy.

Who gives a rat's a-- what Mitt Romney pays in taxes? If you think he pays too much, or too little, who cares? Are you jealous? Class envy? Who cares? At the end of the day, the average Joe just wants to know that he can get a job to take care of his family, and perhaps save a little for retirement.

These 1% guys already pay a boatload in taxes already -- they get hit hard and pay the bulk of our taxes anyways. That's why they try to leverage tax attorneys to take advantage of every tax break they can get.

We have roughly 50% of the country that doesn't pay a dime in taxes. Mitt Romney has paid more in taxes in a single decade than probably hundreds of Americans will ever pay in their lifetime. Good grief.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by bjax9er

You are looking at all wrong and the way they wan't to see it. You need to look at income to tax ratio not cumulative amounts.

He paid $200K but is worth almost 300 million.

I don't care how much money he has or how much he makes but he should at MINIMUM have to pay the same tax ratio that the middle class has to Pay as well.

i think you are looking at it all wrong, and the way the left wants you to see it.
a heavy progressive income tax, is how they (the left) pit the rich against the poor. class warfare.
this heavy progressive income tax is the second plank of communism.
remember there were no income taxes before 1913.

10 planks of communism

I think you read my post all wrong. BTW You do have class warfare going on , its just backwards.

The really rich pay a lower income to tax ratio than the middle class. I'm saying at minimum it should be the same. I'm not asking for the rich to pay a higher percentage (ratio), it should be the same. Or is class warfare only when the middle class and the Rich pay the same equal ratio?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The Greek collapse was caused by bankers and corrupt politicians. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TAXES.

It would be like blaming the 2008 financial collapse in the US on taxes, or the great depression.

edit on 13-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The Greek collapse was caused by bankers and corrupt politicians, just like the 2008 financial collapse was in the US, and the great depression.

This is true for the most part.

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Greek citizens pay more taxes than Americans.

I'm not so sure about this though.

I'd love to discuss this more but I have to leave for work now.
You know, someone has to pay some taxes for the allmighty centralist scum in brussels.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Historically, the term “tax rate” has meant the average or effective tax rate — that is, taxes as a share of income. The broadest measure of the tax rate is total federal revenues divided by the gross domestic product.

economix.blogs.nytimes.com...

The New York Times has an article describing widespread tax evasion in Greece, along with an implication that the country’s fiscal crisis is largely the result of unpaid taxes and could be mostly solved if taxpayers were more obedient to the state. This is grossly inaccurate. A quick look at the budget numbers reveals that tax revenues have remained relatively constant in recent years, consuming nearly 40 percent of GDP.

www.cato-at-liberty.org...

US is about 26%, Greece was 40%

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by bjax9er

Agreed, But Ron Paul didn't .

look i get the ron paul thing.
he is a good man.
but he does'nt have a chance at the presidency.

we are not going to turn things around with one man, or one election.

i know it sucks, right?

Its not about a man its about principles and the believe in liberty as your signature states.

However, sadly you are correct about Ron Paul likely not getting elected. Although voting Obama or Romney in 2012 gives us no chance of fixing the real issues. Simply because the system is not broke for the lobbyist and the special interest groups , just the tax payers.

There is no politics that take place in DC, just business and it would be bad business to spend billions in lobbying each year for 50/50 odds on which party gets elected.

Few large (Investors/bankers) own the corporations , who own the lobbying industry, who influence$ the GOP and the DNC, who owns congress and the POTUS, and they own or influence the media companie$ that you get your information from besides the internet (For now).

If its legal for these large Investors/bankers to throw their money around and basically legally for them to own or influence those industries then it would be very dumb of them to spend billions on 50/50 odds when they don't have to.

It would make business sense to use their Influence$ to lobby congress to legislate on their behave, to use their influence$ in the GOP AND the DNC to select a candidate they approve of that will basically work for them or with them. Then finally they will use their influence$ on their MEDIA news sources to tell you who is and who isn't electable.

So sadly you are correct and they have a well greased Impermeable system as long as people still believe that Political ideals win over Money in Washington or that there are political motives in Washington.

Summary: who ever the DNC or GOP officially selects for you , you should be highly suspicious of. Since its highly probable that they have the same motives and paychecks (insider trading,kickbacks,donations,..) from the same sponsor$.

IMO That is probably why Republicans act like democrats, because if the (Investors/bankers) own our gov't why wouldn't they want bigger gov't to control more of our lives.In essence the bigger the gov't the more control they have on the consumer and the more control they have of the market.
edit on 13-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Do the math... If you make $1000 @ 1% you owe $10. If you make $10000 @ 1% you owe $100. Whether the tax is more or less, people who make more money pay more in taxes, it's simple mathematical logic.

I'm tired of people complaining about the percent various people pay. It's not your money, it's their money and they are taxed. Maybe not as much a you and me percentage wise, but I will bet a full month pay, the rich are paying a hell of a lot more money in taxes than I am, even if their tax percentage is lower than mine.

Make more, pay more, it doesn't matter what percent the rich pay just so long as it's not ZERO percent and they will always pay more than the common person.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by BubbaJoe

i'am not rich.
but if i become rich, i don't want to pay 75%

And there it is folks.

You were all sold a bunch of Rags to Riches American Dream garbage. This is why middle and lower income people, who are being screwed by the system, continue to support an ideology that doesn't benefit them.

You all really think that you will be rich some day. You were told that if you worked hard and kept your nose to the grindstone this country would reward you. It's a lie--it's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Everyone seems to forget he has paid taxes on the intial income, now he is paying an additional tax as investment income. Focus more on the dead beats that pay no income tax because they live off of the sysytem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join