It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney would pay less than 1% in taxes under Ryan plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The bottom line is that the future is not looking pretty for these monsters at the top, if they think they can pay almost 0% taxes, especially as politicians, living the high life on our dime, with benefits and free healthcare, and just expect people to sit back and take it, while everyone else is supposed to tighten their belts, accept lower wages, substandard health care and higher bills via food, fuel, insurance, housing and higher taxes on us

This has got to stop

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by bjax9er

You are looking at all wrong and the way they wan't to see it. You need to look at income to tax ratio not cumulative amounts.

He paid $200K but is worth almost 300 million.

I don't care how much money he has or how much he makes but he should at MINIMUM have to pay the same tax ratio that the middle class has to Pay as well.

i think you are looking at it all wrong, and the way the left wants you to see it.
a heavy progressive income tax, is how they (the left) pit the rich against the poor. class warfare.
this heavy progressive income tax is the second plank of communism.
remember there were no income taxes before 1913.

10 planks of communism

edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
A hundred years ago is not a time I think we should aspire to return to.

why not a hundred years ago i got to keep the fruits of my labor.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Romney didn't work a job, he had no INCOME tax to pay....that is the point most of you are missing.....if taxes are dropped from investments it would be for everyone...not just the rich....that is FAIR.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Capital gains, dividends, and interest are not considered earned income, so there fore no taxes under the Ryan plan, however, if you actually have to work for a living, unlike Romney, you will pay 15 - 35%. Yeah sounds fair to me.

under the ryan plan it's 10% or 25%

Great, glad you explained that, so some rich dude that inherited all of his money, pays no taxes on his income, while I am out busting my cajones 40 hours a week should pay out 15 or 25%, FAS, this is a perverse world we live in. The Republican party has become complete morons, how anyone could support them based on any party platform is beyond me. Seniors shouldn't support them due to Romney or Ryan, women shouldn't support them, Minorities shouldn't support them. The republican party has truly become the party of old rich white guys, if you are not an old rich white guy, why on this earth would you freaking support them.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Romney didn't work a job, he had no INCOME tax to pay....that is the point most of you are missing.....if taxes are dropped from investments it would be for everyone...not just the rich....that is FAIR.

The amazing thing is, that no one but the rich have these type of investments. The guy living paycheck to paycheck on minimum wage damn sure don't have investments like this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

i'am not rich.
but if i become rich, i don't want to pay 75%

whats the point of working if the government steals 75% of my labor?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

i'am not rich.

Where are you coming up with a 75% tax percentage? There should be a flat tax for everyone. No matter what you make, you all pay the same percentage, no matter where you HIDE your money.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice try but the majority of American's are living pay check to paycheck, and even those that have investments in the stock market, the amount they have is relatively low.The 401K has been on big sham for the shysters on wall Street.

www.mybudget360.com...

The Capital Gains scam directly rewards the criminal wealthy that are connected to the hip of our criminal government.

The retirement myth – 1 out of 3 Americans has no savings or retirement account. Half of Americans have $2,000 or less in their retirement account. 401k new name for Wall Street grease.

Middle class Americans are witnessing the conversion of their retirement accounts into gambling pots used by Wall Street. The metamorphosis of Wall Street into one giant fraud ridden center moved by investment banking funds has slowly occurred over the last four decades. Average Americans have sat back over these years since they were given enough hope that they too, by investing in Wall Street managed funds can also become a multi-millionaire if they just try hard enough. Yet this was all one giant ruse and direct challenge to the middle class to basically allow a bunch of financial predators to siphon off any productive value from the economy.

Originally posted by timetothink

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

i'am not rich.

Where are you coming up with a 75% tax percentage? There should be a flat tax for everyone. No matter what you make, you all pay the same percentage, no matter where you HIDE your money.

i'am getting it from the left's tax plan

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
How ironic is this?
You complain about the government taking your money, but yet you have no problems with government criminal Romney asking for mine, while he pays almost 0%?

i'am not rich.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Guess what.....life ain't fair.....so people are haves and some have nots....we are not all born with a promise from a government to have what everyone around us has. That's not freedom...because whoever controls what you get controls what you don't get.

Ryan's plan is the beginning of a larger plan to get rid of the ridiculous tax code we have now and get closer to a flat or fair tax.

The whole reason for getting rid of the death tax etc is because it hurts the middle class the most.....someone who saved for 40 years to leave a little something to their family or a nice insurance policy or a decent house...they get hit the hardest, usually end up selling off the house or only getting half of what they are left. The rich don't feel the taxes, the middle class do.

You are looking at everything from the wrong angle.

And why should a hardworking person pay tax on their income, then tax again when they invest it and then again when they leave it to some one....the government is taking repeatedly from the same pot of hard work....how does that help the middle class and their 401ks or IRAS?

As far as Romney's money...he gave away every penny of the money he got from his father and started from scratch like you and I....it's none of your business what he does with it, if it's legal.

Do you know that when he was with Bain they helped/saved American companies and jobs including Staples, Dunkin Donuts, Sports Authority, Brookstone...etc...by risking their own money? He earned what he has.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
How ironic is this?
You complain about the government taking your money, but yet you have no problems with government criminal Romney asking for mine, while he pays almost 0%?

i'am not rich.

umm no,
if i had it my way nobody would pay anything.
or
they would get to keep the fruits of their labor, instead of it being stolen by tyrants.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
A hundred years ago is not a time I think we should aspire to return to.

why not a hundred years ago i got to keep the fruits of my labor.

The Progressive Era lasted from 1895 until World War I. This was a period of unrest and reform. Monopolies continued in spite of the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890. Social problems flourished in the U.S. During the 1910s labor unions continued to grow as the middle classes became more and more unhappy. Unsafe working conditions were underscored by the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in which 145 female workers were killed. Children were hired to work in factories, milles, and mines for long hours in unsafe and unhealthy conditions. Though efforts to pass a federal law proved unsuccessful, by the middle of this decade every state had passed a minimum age law. A commission found that up to 20% of the children living in cities were undernourished, education took second place to hunger and while children worked, only one-third enrolled in elementary school and less than 10% graduated from high school. The status of the Negro worsened. Skilled negro workers were barred from the AF of L. Women were also striving for equality.The first suffrage parade was held in 1910 - the 19th amendment finally ratified in 1919.

Sounds like a great time to be alive.

No thanks I will take what we have nowadays over that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wall Street has basically been one Big Scam on the Working American to transfer wealth to Robber Barons.
My only satisfying thought is that these people will be burning in hell at the end of their life, when they are forced to see the damage they have done to other human beings via the life review.

www.mybudget360.com...

Many companies have no loyalty to any worker. Over the decades Wall Street has brainwashed the public into believing that companies can do whatever they want to employees because Wall Street is just a “free market” where goods can travel where they want. But as we are now realizing, Wall Street is simply one selective syndicate that decides to transfer wealth to the top 1 percent of our country with really no work involved. It is manipulation and stealing of the productivity of the working economy.
The 401k was used with sophisticated charts put together by large investment firms showing Americans that if they only put away 5, 10, or even 15 percent of their income into the stock market through the magic of compounding, they too can retire rich just like their Wall Street idols. Of course, this has all been a sham and many middle class Americans are waking up. Over the last decade the stock market has done nothing but move sideways while miraculously, the banking sector has gotten bigger and bigger:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So why aren't these tyrants like Romney that you seem to support for only paying 1% not doing away with taxes all together? Because Romney is a tyrant, right?

How ironic is this?

i'am not rich.

umm no,
if i had it my way nobody would pay anything.
or
they would get to keep the fruits of their labor, instead of it being stolen by tyrants.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
woe is me

he is so rich, and i have nothing.

well try harder.

good night class warriors.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Speaking of stealing.........rules of this site require you to cite your sources....

there is alot of quoting with no credit given to the websites. FYI

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Romney wants to raise taxes on anyone that makes UNDER 200k a year.

That is class warfare.

edit on 12-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I left out the % sign.
If Romney the government politician is only going to pay 1%, then I think the whole country should follow the politicians lead and only pay 1% taxes.
I paid 17% of my income last year, while these crooks pay almost 0%.

Perhaps noone should pay taxes and we'll all be happy.

Perhaps you should take a look at Greece. Paying no taxes worked out brilliant for them.

If nodobdy would pay taxes, then who would pay for... you know... everything?
Who would pay for roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, defense, healthcare, social programs etc?

I'm not saying only the middle class should pay for all these things, but I sometimes wonder what you guys think where all the neat stuff comes from...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join