It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney would pay less than 1% in taxes under Ryan plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Romney’s 2010 tax rate—he has only released complete information for that year, so it is unclear what his burden would have been in other years—would have come in at a tiny 0.82 percent for the year, far lower than the already low 13.9% rate he actually paid. That huge drop would come primarily from the Ryan plan’s proposal to eliminate taxes on capital gains, interest and dividends. Romney’s income in 2010 came largely from those sources, so those taxes made up the bulk of the overall effective tax rate on his reported $21.6 million income. Romney would also enjoy the Ryan plan’s reduction in the marginal tax rate from 35 to 25 percent which, in conjunction with other measures like eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, would drop his effective tax rate down under one percent.

There you have it folks. More proof that Romney and Ryan just want to pander the the rich at the expense of middle and lower class Americans. How does that seem fair? How can something like this be justified?

Tax plan favors the rich - big time

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
well that's a lot more than i paid in taxes last year.
sounds like a fair share to me.

after all it's his money, not yours, or anyone else's.

edit on 12-8-2012 by bjax9er because: add

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

If I paid 1 percent in taxes... I might actually pay them but as it stands now I refuse to pay state or federal taxes .... after 5 years they are catching up to me..... but I a strategically poor at this time!

I refuse to support their tax system since they don't regulate corporations; banks and anyone else who pays them off....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

If you really believe in your signature quote:

Give me Liberty or Give me Death

Than you would get Death by voting for Romney and Ryan who both support the patriot act and NDAA which takes your liberty away my friend.

edit on 12-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
With that percentage rate he's already paying his fair share ( and anyone else earning at that level ) .

What we need to focus on is why half the country doesnt pay their fair share....You know...Since they pay 0%

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So you have no problem with a GOVERNMENT POLITICIAN paying almost 0% taxes, but were supposed to give these GOVERNMENT thieves ours?

Originally posted by bjax9er

edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

So you have no problem with a GOVERNMENT POLITICIAN paying almost 0 taxes, but were supposed to give these GOVERNMENT thieves ours?

first $200,000 is'nt $0 taxes

and it's a lot more than my $7,000

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by bjax9er

If you really believe in your signature quote:

Give me Liberty or Give me Death

Than you would get Death by voting for Romney and Ryan who both support the patriot act and NDAA which takes your liberty away my friend.

obama signed both of those into law.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

You are looking at all wrong and the way they wan't to see it. You need to look at income to tax ratio not cumulative amounts.

He paid $200K but is worth almost 300 million.

I don't care how much money he has or how much he makes but he should at MINIMUM have to pay the same tax ratio that the middle class has to Pay as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Agreed , But Ron Paul didn't .

Obama=Romney=Ryan=Biden. Both party want bigger control including the Republicans and history has shown that and voting records has shown that.

Back to the 1%.

Its all about the ratios see my other posts.

My recovery plan:
I say give businesses 0% taxes if they employee a certain amount of employees based of the annual profits of the business and they have to maintain 0% - 1% outsourcing of jobs in order to qualify.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I left out the % sign.
If Romney the government politician is only going to pay 1%, then I think the whole country should follow the politicians lead and only pay 1% taxes.
I paid 17% of my income last year, while these crooks pay almost 0%.

Perhaps noone should pay taxes and we'll all be happy.

Originally posted by jacobe001

So you have no problem with a GOVERNMENT POLITICIAN paying almost 0 taxes, but were supposed to give these GOVERNMENT thieves ours?

first $200,000 is'nt $0 taxes

and it's a lot more than my $7,000

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Capital gains, dividends, and interest are not considered earned income, so there fore no taxes under the Ryan plan, however, if you actually have to work for a living, unlike Romney, you will pay 15 - 35%. Yeah sounds fair to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by bjax9er

Agreed, But Ron Paul didn't .

look i get the ron paul thing.
he is a good man.
but he does'nt have a chance at the presidency.

we are not going to turn things around with one man, or one election.

i know it sucks, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I wish I could only pay 1% in taxes. I find it astonishing how conservatives cannot see the preferential treatment of the rich compared to the middle class. And they bend over and ask for more.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Capital gains, dividends, and interest are not considered earned income, so there fore no taxes under the Ryan plan, however, if you actually have to work for a living, unlike Romney, you will pay 15 - 35%. Yeah sounds fair to me.

under the ryan plan it's 10% or 25%

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The bottom line is that it is still money to do as they please with.
Perhaps we should change the tax rules so that earned income is not taxed, because that accounts for most of the consumers who spend it, and tax capital gains at 50% so that they will spend it on infrastructure like companies, which will create jobs.

The tax rules are all messed up and rigged for the top rich elite which quite disgusting.
Or have a straight consumption tax on non food items so that everyone pays, which would take care of the loopholes the crooks go through.

Then when you complain about people not paying taxes, the MAJORITY of american's can say nonchalantly, earned income is not taxed.

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by bjax9er

You are looking at all wrong and the way they wan't to see it. You need to look at income to tax ratio not cumulative amounts.

He paid $200K but is worth almost 300 million.

I don't care how much money he has or how much he makes but he should at MINIMUM have to pay the same tax ratio that the middle class has to Pay as well.

i think you are looking at it all wrong, and the way the left wants you to see it.
a heavy progressive income tax, is how they (the left) pit the rich against the poor. class warfare.
this heavy progressive income tax is the second plank of communism.
remember there were no income taxes before 1913.

10 planks of communism

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I find these discussions over taxes hilarious, here we are, a bunch of lowly serfs arguing whether we should pay more or less.

The whole system is rigged, only a select few are playing the game and you and me ain't in.

But go ahead and keep defending those billionaires and millionaires who get away with paying 0% in taxes, while you bitch and groan about poor working class families applying for food stamp aid and medicaid... while they wait for that "wealth" to trickle down.

edit on 8/12/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A hundred years ago is not a time I think we should aspire to return to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join