It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I entered Canada from the U.S. via a major Border Station, unmanned, unchallenged.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah real smooth dude, some moron elsewhere is reading this and will smuggle god knows what thru there into the US
If it happens, you'll be the first I will blame for blabbing it.

@GEL: yep I passed thru a customs booth entering and leaving from Alaska myself, all they did was ask if the 4 foot iguana on my dashboard was real, which he was

edit on 8/12/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

LOL

You think this little bit of information will make a difference?

Well, the following info will be really detrimental to US border security.

You can get into the US through Canada pretty much anywhere as long as you have survival supplies and the know-how. You know how hard it is to find someone in the thick northern bush?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Yeah real smooth dude, some moron elsewhere is reading this and will smuggle god knows what thru there into the US
If it happens, you'll be the first I will blame for blabbing it.

@GEL: yep I passed thru a customs booth entering and leaving from Alaska myself, all they did was ask if the 4 foot iguana on my dashboard was real, which he was

edit on 8/12/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

LOL homer .. i remember yrs ago we had a 5 foot iguana .. it was a beast
the tail is powerfull and can make you bleed and dont get bitten
their saliva is a palace for microbes
those things are really nasty when they poop
your dashboard must really be full of crap by now
the smell in your car must be peachy

and Yes i agree with you
we cant cover thousand upon thousand of miles of border
they control maybe major roads with custom that check all the passports
this is very dangerous info and it can surely give tips to some smugglers or terrorists
but Canada is not Mexico .. no need to make tunnel when you have open forest everywhere
the canadians forest are a natural border itself and can be dangerous to travel with the bears
so the roads are the only option and im surprise they dont check the identity of these weak spot
we live in a world where there is bad people .. cant afford to let a dangerous criminal going through those borders

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. I don't know why, I guess we just aren't a paranoid country because we don't have much reason to be. (Not being rude when I say this, don't take it the wrong way) but we've never had any devastating terrorist attacks, nor do we have droves of Mexicans trying to storm the gates 24/7. I guess we just don't worry as much.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I m not sure about the area you entered thru, but on Ontario side, ur license plate is scanned as you stop by to hand you passport. The guard also scans your passport into the computers, and rescans the whole things when you enter back into Canada.. that's how they keep track.

Entrance into US is more strict then going into Canada.

Nobody is going to blow up Canada, we don't bomb other countries, or invade them
. Even the terrorist love us!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

There's only one solution, Homer. America needs to build two big fences all around the US with a no-man's land in between. Fill that no-mans land with land mines, look-out posts, drones, machine-gun nests and artillery until it looks like the border between north and south Korea. Shouldn't cost too much.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If Americans cannot see that their whole goverment- paranoia culture effort is driving the rush to NAZI-fyiny the place very quickly, i dont know how to break the news to yas all......This is getting beyond bizzare......PUleese
stop this paranoid delusion the goverment keeps pushing for its own control agenda......
This is just one small illustration of the difference between normality and paranoia......Youse take it all so damn seriously.....harumph!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have seen shows about towns cut in half. One niece had to have a passport to visit her uncle two blocks away.

Goofy if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

makes note to self:

* you can scare customs agents with iguanas*

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks to all that posted. I learned a lot from it, as it seems that my situation was certainly not unique. I guess it comes down to weather you have real security, or not.

Having borders securely enforced in one area, and not in others seems to be really foolish, if you ask me. Also the fact that we build new border crossings that disrupt the commerce of border towns that have been in existence for so long, and then people just have to move away, because people will just not come there any more, and their economy collapses.... stupid.

I also understand that the situation with our Southern borders bears little resemblance to what goes on up North. It says a lot about who we in America, collectively think our friends and enemies are, which is disturbing.

Perhaps one day, our technology will be able to dissolve these border issues, and allow people in North America to freely travel and trade. We are all Bozo's on this bus.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I went from U.S. to canada a few years back, the wife and kids and i were out for a road trip, nice cool day just felt like getting out and going some where, so i let the kids pick where we turned, we ended up at the border, there was a huge check station, or what ever they are called, security everywhere, checking cars left and right, even had one pulled over and going through it, i didnt want to deal with anything like that, so i turned left and went down a road that ran paralell to the border, about 2 miles down the road was a dirt road that took off across the border and into canada, me being me, i said , hey kids wana go to canada, naturally they were all for it, so i took a right, up the dirt road, nothing on the road, farm land on both sides, no cars, no border patrol, no nothing, i drove for about 4 to 5 miles and then came to a cross road, took a right and made it back to the paved road that the check point was on.. so beings we were just out for a day trip and not a long trip, i turned around and went back the way i came and went back into the u.s. and headed home.
I was amazed that with all the security, just a couple of miles down the road there was nothing and one could pass from country to country without slowing down.
I dont know if they have changed things, i have not been in that area since the road trip, but am still amazed as to how simple it was.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I think I'm more bothered by the fact that this bothered you than I am by the tale, itself. What you described was the way the border to Mexico was when I was a kid... Which wasn't all that long ago. It used to be that we, as A,ericans, weren't ordered to leap through hoops like trained dogs when we wished to leave or return to our country. Similarly, our neighbors to the North and to the South were largely granted the same respect by our border crossing agents, so long as they looked like they had a place to go and a legal reason to go there. It is phenomenally amazing that we get attacked by Saudi Arabians living inside the USA, go to war with Afghanistan, and seal our borders with Canada... It's almost like locking your cat up when the dog is in heat because you don't want baby hamsters running around.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

So, if this is the kind of security that is being offered into Canada, I want to put you on alert to this incident. I am just a simple U.S. person, going on vacation, but I also could have been a terrorist, smuggling bombs, ammunition,and whatever or a drug runner with a heavy load.

Canada has lots of security. Don't be fooled. Everything you do is monitored. Video cameras monitor you, your car license places are recorded and entered into the computer to identify you. If you're not a threat, you get to pass.

They know when you come in, where you go, and when you leave. You might think that you can smuggle in something because of apparent lax border control, but the minute you try you'll discover an amazing thing, all the customs officials suddenly appear at the checkpoints.

There's always somebody watching. But, they don't necessarily want you to know.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Whats the big deal? So you drove into Canada without being seen.There are a thousand ways to enter Canada without being seen. Its not that important. You can drive around in Europe and drive trough 3 different countries in one day without being stopped.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join