It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel tests SMS war/missile alert system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Israel on Sunday began testing an SMS system for warning the public of an imminent missile attack as chatter over a possible strike on Iran dominated the Israeli press headlines.

As testing began, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had chalked up "a significant improvement" in its home front defence capabilities, mentioning its highly-vaunted anti-missile systems such as Iron Dome and Arrow 2.

"There has been a significant improvement in our level of defence capacity on the home front: with Iron Dome, with the Arrow, in terms of protection and shelters, in advanced warning systems and in other areas," he said at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting.

"But all the threats which are directed towards the Israeli home front are dwarved by another threat -- different in both its scope and its essence. And so I repeat: Iran must never be allowed to get nuclear weapons."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

This system isn't cheap to put into place, so they must plan on using it.

Now, Bibi can basically approve an attack on Iran himself:

The cabinet on Sunday approved the expansion of the prime minister’s powers to advance legislation.

In what the Prime Minister’s Office called a bid to “strengthen governance,” ministers gave the prime minister the right to vote in any ministerial committee, constrained ministers’ capacity to prevent implementation of cabinet decisions, and granted the prime minister the right to bring back to the cabinet for further votes proposals that had been previously rejected by the cabinet.

www.timesofisrael.com...

edit on 8/12/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Please use [ EX ] tags for external content.

edit on 8/12/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think we all or at least a lot of us figured this day was coming. I thought they would wait until after our presidential election. Now it sounds like it could happen almost any time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
As long as the terrorist state of israel does it without US support via troops, cash, or weaponry.
I just don't want to have to support the trailer trash of the M.E.
I sure hope if the terrorists get the nerve to do something by themselves that someone can hack their tech!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Israeli's have best technology in Missile defense systems

They have Barak SAM's Arrow missile defense System Iron dome...any many more SAM....i know none of the Iran missile hit Israeli soil....Israel intercept every missile in the air to seek and destroy

new topics

top topics

join