It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another picture of the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please don't judge me on this, just a boring Sunday for me and I decided to go out and take a picture of the sun just to prove to myself all the SOMETHING SPOTTED NEAR THE SUN/END OF THE WORLD false. I took one picture and messed with it on Photobucket, to my surprise there is a dark spot on the left side of the sun, just a tiny one. I adjusted the picture to see it better and this is what I got. It's just a tiny spot, a dark circle. There are three bright spots and under the bright spot on the left is where it is. It's kind of hard to see.

First photo

Second

and here is the original

Can someone else tweak this picture and see if you come up with the same thing? I'm not saying it's a planet, meteor or the end of life as we know it. Just bored and messing around. I took this in front of my house at about 7:30 in Ohio. Please don't be cruel, just look and see what you think.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I really have no idea at what I am meant to be looking at?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

The sun

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arduous

Just so you know....as one who works in photoshop...."tweaking" this image will not show anything "secret" or "special"....all it will do is distort the original image and create what you have already shown us

Any strange spots or whatever as a result of tweaking could be dust on the lens (not seen by the eye), a bird passing thu, a bug, dust in the air, pollen in the air and so on...along w/ camera settings and other boring things

If you want to know what is up there in the skies above....visit THIS thread for websites and software that shows you satellites, planets, stars, etc....

edit on August 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69

Originally posted by homeslice

The sun

LOL Too funny. I actually see what the OP is talking about. There is a small dark ball that I guess would make Nirubu believers excited. I don't know what it is, but you could call it a small planet .

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't believe in niburu, that's a joke. Just wanted clarification of the dot. As for the tweaking, I was referring to color exposure, or just enhancing the area. And thanks greeneyedleo i'll check it out.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arduous
Please don't judge me on this, just a boring Sunday for me and I decided to go out and take a picture of the sun

I'm thinking what you took a photo of was sun GLARE, after it had passed through layers of atmosphere and intervening cloud, with all that forward scattering and other optical mess.

The actual sun would be a small fraction of the size of the blobby shape you put up in the frst image.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah probably so I guess I shouldn't take pictures while i'm bored

That'll teach me!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arduous

I actually see what you're talking about.

For me that's a big deal because most of the time when people post pictures here I just kinda smile and nod and act like I see whatever the hell they're talking about.

Anyway I have no idea what it is......but I do see the anomaly.

By the way the green sun is very cool now I wish it really was green or blue.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Thanks, I figured it was nothing and i'm sure it's just an anomaly, but I didn't see the harm in sharing. I just hope it doesn't spark anyone's interest in that niburu stuff, that would be embarrassing and quite frankly would make me mad.

new topics

top topics

join